Suggest Good ICS phone under 11-13k..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Xperia tipo has a cortex A5 which is actually build for better power management and gives max battery backup in the complete arm lineup. Its the best balance between power and performance.
800mhz A5 is no slouch mate and can hold up with a 1GHZ A8 as well.

Read the reviews in techradar and phonearena. They are highly positive.

Any ARM A5 vs A8 performance comparisons?

OP
H

hari11

Broken In
Xperia tipo has a cortex A5 which is actually build for better power management and gives max battery backup in the complete arm lineup. Its the best balance between power and performance.
800mhz A5 is no slouch mate and can hold up with a 1GHZ A8 as well.

Read the reviews in techradar and phonearena. They are highly positive.

Sony Xperia tipo Review

Sony Xperia Tipo review | Phone Reviews | TechRadar

Ok about the processor but the other features are too low

[QUOTE A90 is good but i think the battery backup will low for it becoz of Amoled screen which consumes more power...As of now i kept this phone as an standby option and wait for the good one..:)

If I'm not wrong this phone doesn't have AMOLED its with TFT Capacitive touchscreen and furthermore it has 2000 mAh, so i don't think it would bad enough for its battery life. However, Micromax mobile is already famous for their battery backups.

It has got AMOLED screen.

Seems A90 has got bad rating..
*www.flipkart.com/micromax-superfon...Q?pid=MOBDCT5Y2A2UCWBX&sort_order=most-recent

randomuser111

Technomancer
@vickybat

Okay :)

Yes the reviews seem quite positive for an entry level device. Also actual user feedback is also very positive, a lot of them noting how fast it is compared to the Galaxy Y/Ace. :)

Still, the Mini/Mini Pro/Live With Walkman are overall much better than Tipo.

pmkarun

Broken In
AS per some reviews Huewai x5 pro has a bad camera quality and the new x5 pro cost is around 14k..

Check out this... All the online shopping sites are selling X5 pro @ 11.5K
Yes, I do agree that mobile camera is not good for a 5MP sensor.. But, for casual clicks it is okay i guess.

Flipkart
Huawei Ideos X5 Pro: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Infibeam
Huawei Ideos X5pro Price in India, Buy Huawei Ideos X5pro, Reviews & Features, Huawei Mobiles India - Infibeam.com

Homeshop18
Huawei Ideos X5 Pro U8800 Mobile Phone . Buy Best Huawei Ideos X5 Pro U8800 Mobile Phone at Lowest Price Online

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@OP, make a list of all available mobiles and tick out the ones that fall short in specs and price. All available mobiles are already suggested, pick from one of them else wait for new releases (won't happen until 2013).

OP
H

hari11

Broken In
@OP, make a list of all available mobiles and tick out the ones that fall short in specs and price. All available mobiles are already suggested, pick from one of them else wait for new releases (won't happen until 2013).
shortlisted 2 phones.

Huawei ideos x5 pro - Which is good at all aspects but bad at camera(which is my 1st priority) and service(i guess) abd aftersale

Karbonn A18 - Which has latest specs especially the cam burst mode which looks amazing.But lacks build material(plasticky)and the screen glass(not tough enough) and the service and aftersale.

I'm thinking i should wait for 1-2months for new releases and add 3k more and go for a better one.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you wait a couple of months or just till puja, expect Xperia U to start selling for 13k everywhere. And spec and build wise lot better than any desi or Chinese mobile.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
i've used the tipo and its quite good..
the call clarity,touch interface, even though the cam is just 3 mp the clarity is good...
good recommendation..

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Bought Sony Xperia Tipo this evening, phone looks suppa sexy ;) Things i could make out in a few hours,
1. ICS is nice, but a lil buggy.
2. Took out a 16gig fully loaded card from my tablet, and put it into the phone, the phone could not read data out of it, restarting again, solved the prob.
3. Runs temple run quite well.
4. Sound clarity is awesome, both in ear & off loudspeaker, the same goes with music(havnt given ear phones a try though)

Will love to answer any queries! :)

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Congrats. :)

How's the touch response mate? If possible, write a full review. Will help a lot of buyers.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Thanks mate! The touch response is accurate all the time, accept for the lil cramp touch which i tend to make coz of the smaller screen, & Uhmm, ohkay will give it a try ;) Will keep adding things into the review as i discover them to be! Onto it! :)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Tipo is u dont want to spend more than 10k.
Else Live With Walkman.But was it discontinued???
X5 pro and mini pro are good options too.

1.X5 pro
2.Live With walkman.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Sorry folks, a lil busy, writing a review needs time, will try over the weekend, until then can answer any questions regarding to Xperia Tipo, be it apps, touch, fluidity, benchmarks, anything!

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Audio quality through ear phones is good, nothing great neither bad at all, tried 3 different ear phones, In-ear which come with Xperia S, Phillips ones, i have & the ones that come with Tipo, nothing major difference!
One thing that should be noted is the quality from the speakers, its excellently superb! Though, not much of use, as ear phones are always preferable but still a positive point!

Pics, uhmm, um bad at photography, add to it, the sub par camera of the phone, would make the images look even worse! Still will upload a few samples!

here you go : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/163809-xperia-tipo-photo-samples.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom