Suggest Free HDD Partition Recovery software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraKs

Youngling
Friends,

Relative of mine formatted WD HDD of 1 TB unknowingly. It had around 5 partitions. It got formatted by Windows default format tool & was never overwritten luckily.

I am looking for software to install on Windows 7 which can recover all these partitions by connecting this formatted HDD

Few questions,
- If partitions are recovered, will it have "ALL" the data in it ? Or again I need to run Data recovery tool to recover individual files.

Few free tools Google Suggested
EASEUS Partition Recovery 5.0.1 - Website says it will Recover accidentally deleted partition but will NOT recover files from deleted & lost partition.
EASEUS NTFS partition data recovery

Please suggest a FREE tool which can recover complete partition with all types of files & files above 1 GB in size.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
you can find out about data recovery softwares at
techsupportalert.com
its a good site

but i don't think you can get any free data recovery softwares which recover >1Gb

google "PHOTOREC"

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Guys,

What I am thinking is if I can use a tool & recover whole partition then will it recover all the files in that partition too ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use Easeus Data Recovery app - it's very good and I've recovered vanished partion with this one 2-3 times and it kept all data intact only catch is it's not freeware !

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IS Easeus Data Recovery is very good topgear???
Actually, I also want to have a nice Data recovery app...
NO matter's free or I've to purchase that...
But I just want a complete application..
Any more suggestions???

As I've told you before I've used this and it's the best data/partion recovery app according to me - saved my precious data 2-3 times and I just love this app.

tuilo

Right off the assembly line
hello
to recover whole partitions i would suggest Testdisk Testdisk recover partitions

to recover deleted files i would suggest PC Inspector File Recovery:
restore deleted files
both Tools are free of charge

for some other recover tools take a look at:
free Datarecovery Software

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ tuilo post though referring to a single website it can't be called a spam post.

@ tuilo - Edit your post and if possible post original webpage link of those apps.

Last edited:
OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@topgear
Will free version able to recover file size of above 1 GB ?

Its of no use checking posts of people with less then 3 posts in forum. Most are spammers :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have not used a trial version of that app but if the trial version has 1GB restriction then I think it's can't be done.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have not used it but it looks to be a good and easy to use app but the free version has speed limitation for scanning and does it recovers lost files as well or only partition ??

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks.. Have two choices now.

Partition Find and Mount: Download

&

TestDisk - CGSecurity

Give your views which works best for partition recovery.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used test disk and it's has no GUI - you have to use all commands using command line console and I found it's quite uneasy to work with.

No experience about Partition Find and Mount though - still I would strongly recommend using Easeus Data Recovery app ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom