Suggest Best Split Air Conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello Friends,

Looking for Best 1 TON Split AC, should be capable of latest Air Filters - like bacteria free air, bad odor & smoke out, supply fresh oxygen inside the room.

Good humidity reducer, good cooling power, will shut automatically after a Temperature down to certain pre-set level and start automatically as temperature rise up.

It's good if have DC inverter technology - max budget is 18-20k

Suggestion for slight over budget AC is OK if it really have some good features to spend more!

User experience is most welcome and others too.

chicha

High without substance...
my friend was looking for the same. but i think its a wrong place to ask.
but wait some one might reply

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
just go the market and enquire there about the features and price..
I dont think anybody can help you here unless someone has bought one recently..
My bet: LG

cooldip10

In the zone
LG will be fine.. Besides Voltas and Samsung ACs are also fine to have.

Don't go for : ONIDA.. It really is a bad choice!

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend in GOA had LG AC few year back and just after 6 month of Purchase he need to sell it in SCAPE - really trust me - he afford it - cause support is bad and Dealer refuse to EXCHANGE for other LG ac though it start giving problem from 2nd week of purchase and Dealer/Company not even ready to hear him.

Technician come and visiting but each day the ac gets new problem and in end of 1st month either dealer or company avoid to get Call for Service, same story with my friend in Mumbai with LG Vaccum Cleaner.

I had Onida TV from last 5 years from last year it developed minor fault and within 24 hrs Tech. person at my door step and in this month 2 time I call them just for service and they attend my call within 24 hrs.

Though I'm not FOND of ONIDA Brand open for other than LG and Samsung.

Last edited:

cooldip10

In the zone
Ya!
One of my uncles bought one 2.0 ton Split AC in Kolkata. He was troubled within 2-3 weeks of usage. Also with service he faced some probs.

One of relatives was in ONIDA. He recently left it and joined VOLTAS.
According to him, VOLTAS is a much better option than ONIDA. So, That's why I recommended not to go for ONIDA :)

Stick said:
Though I'm not FOND of ONIDA Brand open for other than LG and Samsung.

Hey By this I can only recommend you to go for VOLTAS! I have a 1.5 ton AC which is running in good condition.Although it needs servicing only annualy.You have to consider it's servicing & maintainance.

Last edited:
OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
cooldip10 said:
Ya!
One of my uncles bought one 2.0 ton Split AC in Kolkata. He was troubled within 2-3 weeks of usage. Also with service he faced some probs.

Sorry to hear that, but I have Onida TV and have Never Face any service Issue in last 5 years, they always attend complaint max 24 hrs. my own experience.

One of relatives was in ONIDA. He recently left it and joined VOLTAS. According to him, VOLTAS is a much better option than ONIDA. So, That's why I recommended not to go for ONIDA

Price difference between Onida 1 Ton and Voltas 1 Ton is Rs.5000/- and Though Voltas had good Brand Image in Past but now there quality is no more as good as in past.

My friend have 1.5ton Voltas AC - he said service is CRAPPED and suggest me to buy Onida after viewing some specs but he have 2 Videocon Split AC.

Hey By this I can only recommend you to go for VOLTAS! I have a 1.5 ton AC which is running in good condition. Although it needs servicing only annualy. You have to consider it's servicing & maintainance.

Your machine must be 4-5 yrs old, voltas is good in past but crapped at present. Very said to hear from all over net and even from Dealers Mouth - I good Indian AC Brand lost luster:(

cooldip10

In the zone
Stick said:
Your machine must be 4-5 yrs old, voltas is good in past but crapped at present. Very said to hear from all over net and even from Dealers Mouth - I good Indian AC Brand lost luster:(

Hey my machine is only 3 yrs old.
One thing you are getting is about the TV. ONIDA was for Tv only for a way back in times. No doubt it's TVs were superhit. But don't you think AC is quite different from TVs? Don't mind buddy, But be sure what you buy. Look into all aspects before buying from any dealer and any brand.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
cooldip10 said:
Hey my machine is only 3 yrs old.
One thing you are getting is about the TV. ONIDA was for Tv only for a way back in times. No doubt it's TVs were superhit. But don't you think AC is quite different from TVs? Don't mind buddy, But be sure what you buy. Look into all aspects before buying from any dealer and any brand.

Yes buddy, that's why I'm keep asking on every possible person but what I hear is

A Grade (Best Quality - large whole in pocket): Hitachi, Daikin, Ogeneral, Carrier
B Grade: Vidieocon, Onida (at present value for Money)
C Grade: LG, Samsung (Crapped Korean Brand - gain mkt- with Advertisements)

Ankit

Journeyman
This discussion is taking good shape...
I think it's time to have a consumer electronics discussion forum also in digit forums

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Ankit said:
This discussion is taking good shape...
I think it's time to have a consumer electronics discussion forum also in digit forums

May be - sorry to say but Moderators with thinkdigit is very very very slow even in last 1 years with TD I don't know who is MODS here.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Stick said:
Yes buddy, that's why I'm keep asking on every possible person but what I hear is

A Grade (Best Quality - large whole in pocket): Hitachi, Daikin, Ogeneral, Carrier

U R absolutely perfect.
Hitachi is the best in world, in India Hitachi or Carrier (Hitachi is very costly)
Don't ever go for LG/Samsung

If money maters then go for Vidieocon (Onida technology is good but not sure of Onida service)

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
ITTechPerson said:
If money maters then go for Vidieocon (Onida technology is good but not sure of Onida service)

My friend buy 2 Onida Split AC in Dec-2006 - it's still in 1 year Service Warranty Period but Videocon people didn't attend his AC's till today though he calls them several times.:mad:

About Onida I can say they may be Good with service - as I send 1 email to them and they take quick action and send Tech to visit my Site/Room.:)

cooldip10

In the zone
Stick said:

Your list is very fine..
So what have you decided till now?

soumya

In the zone
Hey Guys,

I purchased a Ondia 1.5 ton split AC cause it had the best specifications in the 1.5 ton range. Since Onida is not a favourite among many users here, Did I make a mistake? Here is the link of my ac. See and say for urself.

*www.truthatonida.com/beta/pro...SG18TRD&cat=72

P.S. Take a look at the technical specifications.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
cooldip10

Onida SZ12GRL (Best specification in all Onida 1 Ton Model).

There is 2 models with Onida with same Number Old have 1 Rupee Coin shape display and New one have 1"x6" display with some more info about temp, set temp etc.

By the way accidentally I hear conversation from One Of Authorized Onida Technician. Here I can not get clear which window or split model have same problem?

"Arey yaar Onida ke 1 Ton main paani leakage ka problem hai ... muje pata hai ki ye Product Defect hai aur hamain badli kar ke dena padega - magar abhi company ke pass - matalb ki dealer ke pass stock nahin hain aisa bataado or kaho ki 10 din ke baad stock aayega to replace kar denge...... achcha hai agar 10 din main customer problem bhul gya to warna badli kar ke de denge"

But the guy who appoint by My Delaer is decent and quote very low charges and is very rational while suggestion to me.

So if you are going to Buy Onida 1 ton please buy it from Genuine & reputed dealer who can guarantee you if have same water dipping problem he will exchange it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom