Suggest a Ultra High End GPU.

d3p

PowerHouse
Hi guys,

Budget 40k, Ready for Physx or SLI or Crossfire.
Already own a 1000w Corsair.

Which is Better ??

NVIDIA.
GTX 580 or GTX 570 or GTX 560TI or GTX 480.

AMD.

6970 or 6950 or 6870 or 6850.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
if physx GTX570 SLI @ 42k
otherwise HD6970 has better Crossfire performance. same price...

but this is too much for your screen currently! you should be satisfied with a single GTX570 (if physx) or HD6970 @ 21k both. if you feel the need later SLI or crossfire them afterwards...

BTW i am unable to find the EX58A - UD7..only without E one is there on gigabyte website...

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
GTX580 or GTX570SLI is waay overkill for your 1080 screen. It really comes in useful at 1600 or dual/triple monitors.

Get a GTX570 and SLI it later.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ dep5kor

My vote goes to gtx 570 sli even when physx is not considered.

But i will suggest a single gtx 580 for a consistency in performance throughout. Add a gtx 580 later in future when prices drop.

Or you can wait for Nvidia gtx 595 or AMD 6990 to be released. No hassles of sli or crossfire and a dual card will satisfy all your gaming desires. They will release most probably next month and maybe within your current budget.

Piyush

Lanaya
@vickybat
just wanted to ask a question to u
why did u go for EAH 5750?
wasnt there any gts 250/450 available?

NO offense of any kind

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ piyush

Errr well i kind of liked the formula one cooler( i'm a big fan of formula one).:mrgreen:

Actually my old sparkle 8600gt had gone kaput due to my faulty apc 500va ups. It fried my card. So had to go for a new one urgently within a budget of 7k and max .5k more.

In orissa , you have to really convince the dealer to get you your choice of card. So he gave me 5750 and 5770 within 10k as options and no fermi based cards. So i had to go for asus 5750 as it was within my budget and had a good custom cooler. Gts 450 would have taken a month to reach here according to him and i didn't have much time. The gts 450 was also an asus direct cu.

Had he given me an option of gts 450 instantly, i would have gone for it eyes closed.

Last edited:
OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
Thanks all & sorry Jaskanwar [I like your Avatar too, coz i myself was a big fan of BeyBlade specially Kai]. I was in little hurry.

Thanks all for the suggestions, FYI I got a EVGA Geforce GTX 580 1536 Superclocked from US in just 23k.

+1 to piyush for this ---- ""WHO NEEDS DRUGS WHEN WE HAVE GOT GAMING""

@Vickybat - Where are you exactly from Orissa ??? I'm from BAM & currently home less between Bangalore & Stuttgart.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ dep5kor

I am from cuttack. Gonna move to bangalore shortly again. Spent nine months there in a company(itc infotech) and was doing my internship in siebel.

Btw what is BAM? You often travel to germany stuttgart?

Piyush

Lanaya
@ piyush

Errr well i kind of liked the formula one cooler( i'm a big fan of formula one).:mrgreen:

Actually my old sparkle 8600gt had gone kaput due to my faulty apc 500va ups. It fried my card. So had to go for a new one urgently within a budget of 7k and max .5k more.

In orissa , you have to really convince the dealer to get you your choice of card. So he gave me 5750 and 5770 within 10k as options and no fermi based cards. So i had to go for asus 5750 as it was within my budget and had a good custom cooler. Gts 450 would have taken a month to reach here according to him and i didn't have much time. The gts 450 was also an asus direct cu.

Had he given me an option of gts 450 instantly, i would have gone for it eyes closed.

yup these formula series by asus looks killer
and thanks...i didnt know that ups can kill gfx cards too

no problem buddy. i too liked Dranzer and hence Kai :))

my fav was Ray
tyson and max were 2 a$$es

Last edited:
Top Bottom