Suggest a power bank

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Along with Pny be 740 Adata PT100 10000mah is amongst top 5 best seller on amazon.

Adata has 2 outputs so you can charge 2 devices simultaneously & currently it for 1100.

I'm also waiting for price cut under 1k & confused between these two.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Get PNY BE740 from Amazon.
Wait till the price reduces to 999/-

It's totally worth it and awesome quality.

Along with Pny be 740 Adata PT100 10000mah is amongst top 5 best seller on amazon.

Adata has 2 outputs so you can charge 2 devices simultaneously & currently it for 1100.

I'm also waiting for price cut under 1k & confused between these two.

Okay, I'll take a look at those. BTW what should we look into when buying a power bank? Just the capacity?

insaneYLN

In the zone
Xiaomi still suffers in delivering from what it actually says.

:+1:.

I have a Xiaomi Mi 10400mAh power bank, which I use to charge my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000's Mugen Power HLI-N7000SL 2650mAh after-market premium extended battery. Theoretically, it should charge my device's battery to a magnitude of nearly four times. Personally, I was anticipating a measure between 3.5x to 4x.

However, after performing device charging tests till the power bank's charge capacity exhausted, it was accounted, the power bank was able to charge my device's battery merely less than 2.5x. During a test of every charging instance, I connected the power bank to my device when its battery capacity fell to 10%. I have been using the Android app BatteryBot Pro to gauge the battery statistics.
:blah:

Does the power bank unit I own, possibly have a fault, and relatedly, should I contact Xiaomi India's customer service, highlighting the issue and request an RMA? Or, is this a universal malady with all Xiaomi power banks; irrespective of the capacities?
:unsure: :ashamed: :chinscratch:

ajayritik

Technomancer
One common thing I found in my Xiaomi Power bank is that even though it charges my phone faster however it drains out at double the rate at which it charges.

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^This is common with these power banks.
I guess if this is true with all of these Xiaomi Power Banks. I guess these guys should mention these as Emergency Power Banks which serve the purpose of charging your phone so that you can take any important calls rather than the purpose of charging the phone to an extent where it can come for the conventional time that normal Chargers give us.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Apparently, Flipkart no longer stocks Xiaomi Mi power banks. Upon going through my order history and clicking the Mi 10400's hyperlink, the corresponding message displayed is,
This product is Permanently discontinued
Mi 10400 mAh Power Bank - Mi : Flipkart.com.
However, Xiaomi India's website lists Rocket Kommerce LLP as the authorised Indian distributor of Mi products.

Why this sudden change from Flipkart to Rocket Kommerce (a firm which I have previously unheard of)?
:blink:

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Apparently, Flipkart no longer stocks Xiaomi Mi power banks. Upon going through my order history and clicking the Mi 10400's hyperlink, the corresponding message displayed is,
This product is Permanently discontinued
Mi 10400 mAh Power Bank - Mi : Flipkart.com.
However, Xiaomi India's website lists Rocket Kommerce LLP as the authorised Indian distributor of Mi products.

Why this sudden change from Flipkart to Rocket Kommerce (a firm which I have previously unheard of)?
:blink:

Nice find. I think I'll go with PT100 soon. [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] do post a review please.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Has any extensive power bank tests; ranging across commonly various capacities, been covered on any of the recent editions of Digit magazine?
:unsure: :ashamed:

Top Bottom