Speak out
TalkMan
Talk Maan
Speak it up
U Write I Read
Make Speech
ThinkText

what u guys suggest??:confused:
i'm not in a hurry..so take ur own time...

Which language you did? Vb? My suggestion is: Make Speech
it's VB..

more details of the software..

i'm working real hard to make this software..it's my dream software..Yesterday worked till 1 am night...
UI is designed..will resemble wordpad..
tts support over
pause,stop,read from beggining,read from the cursor position is already implemented
still many more to do..
i am planning it to make a wordpad and notepad replacement ..every feature of word pad will be there along with several additional feautures like pdf support..syntax highlightning and many more..
it will have an option to select voices,rate,volume...
will have facility to export the text into mp3 file so that one can read it with the help of ipod or any mp3 player..
it can read text from any app..just select the text and press some hotkey and it will read it for u..
it will have all +extra features of the commerical softwares available like speaking notepad...
every aspect will be professional..even the installer(i plan to use NSIS installer-->means i have to learn NSIS script too..),help file(chm files)..video or flash tutorial and many more...
I am intended to integarate this in command prompt..
that means after installing u could give
Code:
speak C:\text.txt C:\adi.mp3
^^isn't it nice..:)
i am also planning to design a SDK so that others will use it in their softwares...
Overall it's my most ambitious project..
earlier i thought it would complete within this month but looks like it takes more than a month coz i have to add every feature of wordpad..print,printpreview,find,find next,replace,font ......
hopefully i plan it to complete within feb end..
let's see what happens...

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Bolo

BTW you dont always need to have a name which tell the user what the application does. Picasa is a example.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
@adi
WoW!! .............Waiting for release...............

iSpeeK or spEech pAd.......

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
BTW you dont always need to have a name which tell the user what the application does. Picasa is a example.
wow nice idea..
didn't thought about that..

last update
yesterday i completed font,font size,left,centre,right justification,cut,copy,paste,delete all,select all,insert date and time,insert image,colour,backcolour(new..not in wordpad)
colourand backcolour is somewhat different..u could select the common colour from the given list or if u want u could add some other colour by choosing from all the colours available(this is not available in word pad..)the text colour of the button will match with the colour of the text selected...the same applies to backcolour
num and caps lock status (like wordpad displaying below...)
All worked fine but suddenly the UI got vanished..don't know how..just tried to undo..reload project none helped...thankfully the code remianed intact..
I restarted the work, created a new solution rebuild the UI copied the code..took 3 hrs what a time waste..from now on i will backup the project after each major addition...
then started working..
added bold,underline,strikeout,italic..but all of them not working properly..
as u know bold button can be used both to bold the text and well as to remove the boldness in text..it must remain checked or pressed if the text is bold and unpressed if the text is not bold..it must not affect other stlyes like italic...
everthing in ok but i am unable to remove the bold and once it removed but it removed all the other styles(italic,underline..)too..will have to find a way today...
same is with other buttons...

regarding speech,added voice select(can select any voice available in the system),voice rate(speed in wpm(words per minute),volume...

still many more to do...

new feautures planned...
batch mode:can convert a batch of text or rtf files into corresponding mp3 files..
output format:wav and mp3 are already planned but according to my new plan one can select bitrate,type(mono,stereo),..... of the output sound so that one can control the size of the resulting mp3 or wav file...isn't it nice..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom