suggest a name for my software..

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
I will develop a software which will have following features..
text to speech
text to wav file
text to mp3
speak the text from any app
rate,pitch,volume control..
and many many more

I am in a fix to choose the name of the software..
i have listed some names
1.Text speak
2.Speechpad
3.Speak it up

please post what u feel will be the best name for the software..
before posing make sure that the name is not already taken by some softwares for example speaking notepad,text aloud,read it aloud etc..

last update about my software
24 jan 2008
yesterday i completed font,font size,left,centre,right justification,cut,copy,paste,delete all,select all,insert date and time,insert image,colour,backcolour(new..not in wordpad)
colourand backcolour is somewhat different..u could select the common colour from the given list or if u want u could add some other colour by choosing from all the colours available(this is not available in word pad..)the text colour of the button will match with the colour of the text selected...the same applies to backcolour
num and caps lock status (like wordpad displaying below...)
All worked fine but suddenly the UI got vanished..don't know how..just tried to undo..reload project none helped...thankfully the code remianed intact..
I restarted the work, created a new solution rebuild the UI copied the code..took 3 hrs what a time waste..from now on i will backup the project after each major addition...
then started working..
added bold,underline,strikeout,italic..but all of them not working properly..
as u know bold button can be used both to bold the text and well as to remove the boldness in text..it must remain checked or pressed if the text is bold and unpressed if the text is not bold..it must not affect other stlyes like italic...
everthing in ok but i am unable to remove the bold and once it removed but it removed all the other styles(italic,underline..)too..will have to find a way today...
same is with other buttons...

regarding speech,added voice select(can select any voice available in the system),voice rate(speed in wpm(words per minute),volume...

still many more to do...

new feautures planned...
batch mode:can convert a batch of text or rtf files into corresponding mp3 files..
output format:wav and mp3 are already planned but according to my new plan one can select bitrate,type(mono,stereo),..... of the output sound so that one can control the size of the resulting mp3 or wav file...isn't it nice..:D

Last edited:

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
How about

iSpeak

or

iSpeech

or

Dictate

----------------------------------------
iSpeak sounds good to me

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
Is it cross platform ?
this is for windows ..
I will also design it for linux and i have no problem in choosing the name in case of linux-
It will be TUX SPEAK
TUX SPEAK will be an opensource software and it will support all the features which are in windows..
TUX SPEAK will be designed primarily for UBUNTU and later to other distro...

Let the suggestion for name continue..:)

Apple will sue him. :))
I also think so...:D

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@kumarmohit-Speex is the name for a free codec for free speech.
As for the software name, Speak out! :)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Speex
It is a fad to give crazy spelling to everything nowadays, see -digg, meebo, twitter.
Hey, u missed koolbluez :twisted:

And.. ummm... adi007... if u r a Sony fan, u can call it TalkMan or Talk Maan *smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-004.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom