Strange Virus In My System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josan

Gangsta
I Hav Just got a virus from a mobile phone ,named folder.exe (just look like a normal folder) in My Documents folder
and this same folder is created when ever i open a folder
And More , when i search google for online virus scan the browser (i tried opera ,IE,Safari) suddenly closes .while other searched are working .

My antivirus(avast) fails to delete it after detecting.......

Please help me im in a big problem.......

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Try Scanning with Kaspersky Online scanner !!

*www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

or download the Trial of NOD32 or Kasoersky to install and scan for any harmfull object, also Install Spybot SnD *spybot.info

Note turn off the System Restore before trying to scan or heal ur system !!!

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
I had same kind of virus........gave me lot of trouble.......Use Symantec 10.2 (only for vista)..........It has removed all such exe files from my comp.....Symantec 10.2 works only for vista.........

goobimama

 Macboy
Kaspersky is the best according to me when it comes to cleaning out an infected system. Use their 30 day trial to clean the system, and then uninstall and use a free AV system if you will.

OP
Josan

Josan

Gangsta
Hey Guys ,i tried the online scan but as i said ,earlier when i tries to ecess such sites ,my browser closes,
and also my taskmanger closes
But Now i hav got rid of it in a very tricky way,without using any antivirus

What i did is ---
1.i opens the Tune Up Utilitities 2007 ?(allready installed)
2.then i open the TuneUp Process Manager (Becouse My Windows task manger was not working because of this virus or it closes suddenly after starting it)
3.Then i find that 2 windows explores programs were running (normaly there sholud be only one ) it did'nt take me time to find the wrong one,then i closes this program
4.Now i searched and deleted all the folders with name New Folder.exe(thanks Windows Vista for this better and fast search)
and one other program vcdgcw32.dll (that was in system32 folder) , which was the actual virus.
5.because allready had closed the windows explorer in the taskman (which was a fake name) so no new folder created when i delete all folders with the name New Foder.exe
Like My trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

anandk

Distinguished Member
moblie fone...meaning...symbian os ??
then it wont affect the windows os !!!

anyway good 2 c u have solved ur problem !

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Josan said:
Hey Guys ,i tried the online scan but as i said ,earlier when i tries to ecess such sites ,my browser closes,
and also my taskmanger closes
But Now i hav got rid of it in a very tricky way,without using any antivirus

What i did is ---
1.i opens the Tune Up Utilitities 2007 ?(allready installed)
2.then i open the TuneUp Process Manager (Becouse My Windows task manger was not working because of this virus or it closes suddenly after starting it)
3.Then i find that 2 windows explores programs were running (normaly there sholud be only one ) it did'nt take me time to find the wrong one,then i closes this program
4.Now i searched and deleted all the folders with name New Folder.exe(thanks Windows Vista for this better and fast search)
and one other program vcdgcw32.dll (that was in system32 folder) , which was the actual virus.
5.because allready had closed the windows explorer in the taskman (which was a fake name) so no new folder created when i delete all folders with the name New Foder.exe
Like My trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

OK you cleared all the folder.exe files. But do you know that other allready existing exe files can also be infected?
Do a actual virus scan d00d as soon as possible. Viruses tends to infect other files too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom