Strange Problem At Startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
There was sunlight yesterday for full half an hour. It was enough now PC running Fine. Thanks for all your suggestions. It it starts again i will inform U all.
But those silica Bags are really rare at Haldwani(nainital)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Glad to know you're seeing some improvement. A personal matter from my side please: I clearly remember answering the OP's question asking if moisture was a problem. I even remember some of my words -"Moisture is one of the worst enemies of computer hardware....." and I went on to explain why and suggest measures (more than one) to dry it out. But looking at this thread again, I don't see my post at all. Does anyone remember seeing it?

toofan_nainital : a simple and very effective way to dry out the insides of your computer is to open the side of the cabinet and expose it to the sun, especially now that the sun has started coming out again over there.

Last edited:
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
@Pimpon
I did the same. Its still working fine. Moisture related problem is also at my office. There the monitor refuse to display anything while the cpu works fine all the lights glow. There I used to remove and replace the ram and it works.

One sugestion for moisture removal is using sunlight. Second is using silica bags. but what if both of them are not available. some more suggestions guys. These will help others also.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Another method is to use a hair dryer. Be careful not to overheat anything, but don't over-worry about that. Most of the components can withstand temps of up to 85 degrees. Use your common sense to judge how much heat you can apply.

Make sure you blow into every nook and cranny. Let it cool down again before you turn it on.

The silica gel is a good idea, but once moisture has lodged itself firmly enough to interfere with start-up, the silica gel alone may not be effective enough to get the computer working again, at least not for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom