Strange pc problem

techani

Journeyman
Hello all! Am suffering from a few strange problems with my pc.

1. During startup I dont see any display sometimes. At other times I see different dull colours for few seconds. Again sometimes I see the display area changing sizes with those dull colours. I keep restarting the pc and if I am lucky then I get to see the desktop then or I have to just switch it off for atleast a few hours.

2. I have a router which is connected to a different socket and switch. When I switch it off, while the pc is on, the pc restarts!

So is this the problem with the motherboard?

clmlbx

Technomancer
for First Problem check your Monitor on Other system.

elaborate more about your second Problem

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Hello Clmlbx, monitor and other devices mean? What and how should I check?

For the second problem -
the cpu is connected in one switch(electric)
the monitor in another switch.
and the router and printer through a multiplug in another switch.
All these are on the same switch board.
Now if/when I switch off the router, the pc restarts automatically.

Thank you.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Please provide config. of your pc and if possible a pic of it from back side of pc, monitor and ups to check connections. It would help.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Not Monitor and other Devices.. I meant check your monitor on another computer.. It much more looks like an monitor problem.. Have you kept any electronic or magnetic device near monitor..like speakers etc

Better check your switch Board.. try removing printer from that equation.. problem look like in a switch Board.. Your monitor and cpu does have and earhing ...right?

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Yes earthing is present. And speakers are also present right beside the monitor. Have a mic on top of the monitor.

Are these creating problems?

clmlbx

Technomancer
earthing is good it should be. Speakers might be interfering with Monitor.. try keeping it away and also check your monitor in different computer.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This could be some sort of issue with ram modules - check ram modules with memtset app and if the resut is ok- remove the rams, clean the slot and rams and remount them properly.

Top Bottom