Strange Noise Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiara

Right off the assembly line
Hey,

I am facing this strange problem. This loud noise keeps coming frm the CPU wenever i switch it on and the system is unable to boot then.

The Fan is working all nicely and ,i think, this couldnt be a heat problem.

Does the Heat sink problem causes any hinderance with the booting process ...by any chance??

people plz help me out.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Please describe the kind of noise you hear. Is it a rattling or vibrating or some other kind of noise ?

When you say that the fan is working, which fan do you mean ? Most computers have at least two fans.

cybershastri

Journeyman
Kiara said:
Hey,

I am facing this strange problem. This loud noise keeps coming frm the CPU wenever i switch it on and the system is unable to boot then.

Loud noise? Do you mean beeps? Can you please elaborate on the kind of noise that you are hearing?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
check for loose connections and make sure your cpu heatsink fan combo is attached properly and securely. open up the cabinet and boot the pc , see where the noise is coming from exactly and post back.

OP
K

Kiara

pimpom said:
Please describe the kind of noise you hear. Is it a rattling or vibrating or some other kind of noise ?

When you say that the fan is working, which fan do you mean ? Most computers have at least two fans.

i was talking abt the fan which is placed above the processor

OP
K

Kiara

mohit said:
check for loose connections and make sure your cpu heatsink fan combo is attached properly and securely. open up the cabinet and boot the pc , see where the noise is coming from exactly and post back.

i have checked for all the loose connections. n i opened the cabinet but i cud'nt get where exactly the noise is coming from. its a loud beep noise.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Kiara said:
i have checked for all the loose connections. n i opened the cabinet but i cud'nt get where exactly the noise is coming from. its a loud beep noise.
Now we're getting somewhere. Is the beep the same tone as the very short beep you hear from a healthy computer when it's turned on, but of longer duration ? If so, it comes from the BIOS speaker and it does not really matter where the speaker is located in your CPU.

Again please describe the beep(s). Is it one continuous beep OR repeated long beeps of about two seconds duration each OR bip-bip-beeeep OR .......

An accurate description of the sound is very important because the beeps are coded to report different kinds of faults such as a problem with memory, graphics card, overheating, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom