Strange BSNL Broadband problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Whenever i use my broadband to download using rapidshare or megaupload, i dont get any problems, but when i use azureus or any bittorrent client programs, my HUAWEI SmartAX MT880 Modem just freezes with all its five LEDs glowing brightly without any blinking.i use UL 900 Plan

does anybody else experience this problem

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
the download speeds i get with azureus and bitcomet are about 25-30kbps, but they download for about one hour and then the modem just freeze.

also could this problem be due to the fact that bittorrent requires good upload speeds and BSNL has only a max upload speed of 64kbps and download speed of 256kbps

i have set my upload speed to be auto configured by azureus and it has set my download speed as unlimited but upload is restricted to 25 kbps.
the same problem is happening with bitcomet too

also when i use limewire pro v 4.8.1 i can download continuosly for about 16 hours and my modem doesn't freeze and download speed is about 35 kbps and upload is about 16 kbps

also the TCP reachability is ok with both the torrent clients so i know that this is not a FIREWALL problem

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
buddy Try THese

When Ur modem is frozen try to visit other sites...

or

Try using other Bt clients

Also Try resetting da modem

blackcobra

Right off the assembly line
Torrents strain the modem, maybe your's conked off...

never heard of this..:(

dont use azureus its crap

insted use utorrent.com
believe me its very small in size and very effective

Last edited:
OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
yesterday i used rapidshare to download an entire movie, but had no probs, when i use torrent i cant download for more than half to one hour. the problem is definitely with torrent, but i dont know whether the problem is with the client or protocol itself. also am not banned or something with torrent client programs

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
blackcobra said:
never heard of this..:(

dont use azureus its crap

insted use utorrent.com
believe me its very small in size and very effective

FYI, Azarues and utorrent are two of the best torrent clients. :D :) I have used both of those and haven't faced any problems. You need to configure the P2P programs in the firewall and also on the local ADSL (192.168.1.1) so that it accepts incoming connections through a particular random post between 10000 and 65536. Check www.portforward.com for instructions as to how to do this.

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
i have correctly forwarded the ports coz, azureus is showing that TCP/IP status is ok and its in green . if there is a config problem, then the icon would be in yellow or white. also the distributed user tracking program also works properly, so

1. if my modem is not working as some have suggested, then how am i able to download continuously using rapid share(premium account) using download accelerator plus

2. i have tried torrent clients bittorent, azureus and bittornado.

3. i use J2RE 1.5.0.10. could this be corrupt ?

4. my firewall is configured to allow both incoming and outgoing connections and protocols for azureus

so what else is the problem

My Sys config

INTEL 915 GAV
p IV 3.2 Ghz
2*512 MB DDR Ram
XFX 6200 nVIDIA Card with latest driver updates
Windows XP SP 2
Seagate 40 GB HDD+ 80 GB HDD IDE
Sony Dru-810a dvd rw
Realtek ethernet card

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
check this out.

the LAN time shows 1 day. i used rapidshare.i am not able to use only torrent . i have opened all ports but i don't know why the modem freeze only happens with TORRENT

Last edited:

joseph83

Right off the assembly line
techtronic said:
Whenever i use my broadband to download using rapidshare or megaupload, i dont get any problems, but when i use azureus or any bittorrent client programs, my HUAWEI SmartAX MT880 Modem just freezes with all its five LEDs glowing brightly without any blinking.i use UL 900 Plan

does anybody else experience this problem

Even I am experiencing the same problem....but if i use bittorrent,or lime wire this problem doesnt arise only when I use Azureus I have UL 900 Plan
I use a compaq presario b1800 note book.
2 ghz,504 mb ram
windows xp service pack 2
modem MT880

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom