Steam

flyingcow

Shibe
Re: Steam related discussions

What do you mean by previous installation files ? The files in the CD that you bought retail? If that is the case, you have to download the 4 GB.

or if you have make a backup of the cs:go folder inside steamapps folder, then you can restore from there without downloading anything.

i mean i was playing happily on win vista with the game fully updated..i hen installed WIndows 7...but now steam isnt detecting any games (i have them in my library ofc)
so now i wanna play cs go...but i have to reinstall the whole game (yeah i have the retail CD) and download about 3.6 gb data... that makes the total game size "X" gb..
now i have the X gb game files already there on my PC...but how do i get steam to detect that i already have the game so dont download it?? i tried restoring it using the option but it doesnt detect any backups as i have taken no back ups b4 win 7 installation...
is there any way? can just copy pasting the files work?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

can just copy pasting the files work?

Yes.

First, take a backup of the X GB game files.
Open Steam, login, go to ur library, right click CS:GO, and click delete local content.
copy the X GB files to your steamapps\common folder . make sure the cs:go folder name is same.
go to ur library again, click install and start the installation.
if it say discovering local files, you are lucky. If it start downloading again bang your head. or add me on steam.

flyingcow

Shibe

Yes.

First, take a backup of the X GB game files.
Open Steam, login, go to ur library, right click CS:GO, and click delete local content.
copy the X GB files to your steamapps\common folder . make sure the cs:go folder name is same.
go to ur library again, click install and start the installation.
if it say discovering local files, you are lucky. If it start downloading again bang your head. or add me on steam.

yeah but how to take backup of the old cs go (X gb) it isnt visible in steam>back up and restore

- - - Updated - - -

oh my god im such a noob..i just had to copy the previows stemapps folder to the new one :facepalm:
now the problem is solved :)
thanks arjitsinha

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Are Game4u games redeemable on steam?

Which game you asking? If it is a ubisoft games, chances are they will give uplay key. no choice for origin games. Rest all games are steam key except some oldest games, which are not steamwork.

Piyush

Lanaya

Only some

check this

Retail / Digital CD Keys are which accepted on Steam
I see...
Which game you asking? If it is a ubisoft games, chances are they will give uplay key. no choice for origin games. Rest all games are steam key except some oldest games, which are not steamwork.
For example, South Park: Stick of truth. Its avb there at 1K only
I bought Bioshock:infinite from their website a few months ago, and they gave me a key which i successfully redeemed on steam
Nice... I gotta check

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo

So counter strike GO is 3.75$ till 17th march.:doublethumb:
Just bought 1 as a gift for later as i already had it.
Also Max payne 3 is only 7$.
Any1 can tell how much is the download size for MP3 in case i buy it and also if the multiplayer works well?

flyingcow

Shibe

but why buy mp3 on steam when you can get that at flipkart for the same price?for the dlc? which is crappy imo...
and gta complete edition is cheaper on FK than steam..
plus you dont have to download 30 gigs lol
these deals may be suitable for people in countries where game is locally available sill for 40$ or something..
OT
is there any thread with tdf members' steam id's?? because i want some friends on steam

Last edited:

reddead

LoSt!

does hdfc netsafe work with steam? only have a debit card.

thinking of getting cs:go..its only 3.74. also are there active servers in india?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

but why buy mp3 on steam when you can get that at flipkart for the same price?for the dlc? which is crappy imo...
and gta complete edition is cheaper on FK than steam..
plus you dont have to download 30 gigs lol
these deals may be suitable for people in countries where game is locally available sill for 40$ or something..
OT
is there any thread with tdf members' steam id's?? because i want some friends on steam

^^Both of them are non-Steam though. One benefit of buying a digital download is you don't need to bother about the discs. As long as the distribution service is live, you can download and play your games any time.

Also MP3 often goes for sale at $5, don't know if the disc version is cheaper than that.

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo

MP3 is 450-499 Rs. which equates to 7.5$.I think i agree with flyingcow,it aint worth it downloading 30 gb of data and also because it is not a steamworks title u will have to make a rockstar social club account and register product there before u can play.

- - - Updated - - -

does hdfc netsafe work with steam? only have a debit card.

thinking of getting cs:go..its only 3.74. also are there active servers in india?
dont know about hdfc netsafe but u can always make an entropay account and pay using that with a fee of 5%.
its easy and safe.i also do that.
and there are indian servers for GO but the action is restricted to only a few maps and game mods on populated servers with decent pings.but u can play on other servers but i prefer not to go servers with ping >100-120.

Top Bottom