flyingcow

Shibe
Re: Steam related discussions

^^Both of them are non-Steam though. One benefit of buying a digital download is you don't need to bother about the discs. As long as the distribution service is live, you can download and play your games any time.

Also MP3 often goes for sale at $5, don't know if the disc version is cheaper than that.
yeah but who has he time to download 30 gigs of data again and again? the same can be done by downloading the game and using the CD key right? (correct me if im wrong)
the only disadvantage is that youll have to store the key some where safe..
also you dont usually need internet to play games from CD's...which is like super great...
(but now a days **** DRM policies for us...)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

[MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] yes steam was down. :\ I was suddenly kicked off dayz and couldn't open steam.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play

[MENTION=12812]anand[/MENTION] yes steam was down. :\ I was suddenly kicked off dayz and couldn't open steam.

OK thanks for the info. I thought that only I had problems.

BTW you gave a notification to some other member of forum as his alias name is "anand" and you just mentioned him in your post. :D :p

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Well there are 0 player servers and very few PVE ones. I only saw a handful of them so far.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

yeah but who has he time to download 30 gigs of data again and again? the same can be done by downloading the game and using the CD key right? (correct me if im wrong)
the only disadvantage is that youll have to store the key some where safe..
also you dont usually need internet to play games from CD's...which is like super great...
(but now a days **** DRM policies for us...)

You don't have to download again and again in Steam, you can just download once, and can take a backup which you can use to restore the game in future. :)

flyingcow

Shibe

you can do the same with a cd, right?
i was just replying to you when you said what if the cd gets lost or something

- - - Updated - - -

btw what is your steam id>?

flyingcow

Shibe

^993 games and lvl 41!! :shock: fukken COOL!
7 games for 1k
btw there were 2 profiles when i searched you..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

^^ This is his profile: Steam Community :: skud79

This is my profile: Steam Community :: wuodland

If i download a game from steam onto my laptop, how can i shift it to my PC?? i dont want to download the whole game again.

Also, are there any restrictions on buying from steam using indian debit cards?

Thanks

Shiva

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

If i download a game from steam onto my laptop, how can i shift it to my PC?? i dont want to download the whole game again.

Thanks

Shiva

Dude, you are too lazy to google that?

LMGTFY? Link

Most of the big ones work. I tried with Canara Bank, BoB, AXIS Bank and it just works fine. All are VISA BTW.

Last edited:

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0

Thanks

Shiva

Either use the backup/restore feature on steam or copy the game folder from lappy's steamapps folder to the pc's steamapps folder then verify game cache.

Top Bottom