Steam

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My ICICI Mastercard isnt accepting in the adding in the fields in steam. What might be the problem?
*i.imgur.com/wltRGvw.png
How many times I input the address its saying something is wrong though addres is right

striker_rage

Journeyman
My ICICI Mastercard isnt accepting in the adding in the fields in steam. What might be the problem?
*i.imgur.com/wltRGvw.png
How many times I input the address its saying something is wrong though addres is right

Maybe you are copy pasting instead of typing. You need to manually type.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
*i.imgur.com/wltRGvw.png
Perhaps this is because of the new RBI regulations? I was unable to add my Citibank card to Paypal and Digitalocean.

*i.imgur.com/wltRGvw.png
Had same issue for my friend. Instead of selecting ICICI card in Novaplay, select mastercard debit card or other relevant option.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Check if international transaction is enabled. Or just use some other card.
I had international transactions enabled on my cards, still didn't work. I tried calling the bank's customer care but there is a heavy volume of calls to them, no answer even after waiting for 30 mins (perhaps because of the regulations too). I'll try calling them on Monday again.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I always select Visa card on Novaplay to make payments even though I have ICICI card. Try like this also once.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe the rbi ban on issuance of mastercard has something to do with it. It seems rbi banned master card because of not following the data policy of keeping only one copy of data that too within India & any outside India data copy is to be deleted within certain time frame(24 hours I think) after txn is confirmed. Maybe foreign txns with master card need data on their servers for longer time outside of India & hence mastercard decided to disallow it to avoid further violation of rules.
@Desmond @omega44-xt @striker_rage @TheSloth @bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Maybe the rbi ban on issuance of mastercard has something to do with it. It seems rbi banned master card because of not following the data policy of keeping only one copy of data that too within India & any outside India data copy is to be deleted within certain time frame(24 hours I think) after txn is confirmed. Maybe foreign txns with master card need data on their servers for longer time outside of India & hence mastercard decided to disallow it to avoid further violation of rules.
Then what to do with my icici master card?

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then what to do with my icici master card?

That is why it is a good idea to always have at least one visa card too. Kotak 811 zero balance acc can be opened quite easily within 5-10 min using video kyc in a metro/tier-1 city & comes with a zero cost virtual visa debit card which can be used for international online txns.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Use Debit Card (Domestic) or Netbanking

1633202466025.png

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wow. My debit card actually worked with Steam for once. I tried adding it today and it got charged $1 for the verification, without the 2FA though. It's a Mastercard card too.

Will try my Visa credit card later.

My Axis FK CC is MasterCard & it's working fine. Even bought a steam game 1 week back or so from it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ICICI Customer care told me to call them tomorrow so that they may resolve my problem as today not everybody is working.
So since they were understaffed they told me to call them tomorrow for problem resolvement.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ICICI says I need to go to branch. Shitty support.
Still I am not able to add my master card same error its coming

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Last few days been having problem connecting to Steam. On opening it shows me the connection error and asks if I want 'retry connection' again or 'start in offline mode'. Retry connection sometimes works, other times does not and just stays in 'trying to connect'. Starting with Administrative privileges sometimes works but again gives the same problem as above other times. Once connected it stays stable though.
Problem started since last couple of updates. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, problem persists.
Anyone else facing similar issue?

Top Bottom