Steam

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
New Steam UI has been released in the beta branch. Have you guys tried it?

Also new Big Picture UI.

Heard of this, but I doubt its happening. Any such thing gets implemented on bigger cities & bigger ISPs first. Like I can open torrent websites w/o VPN in my hometown on airtel BB, that is a very small city. I'm in BLR using ACT, steam community market is working for me.

steamcommunity.com/market/

Others can check & report.

www.sportskeeda.com/gaming-tech/is-steam-getting-banned-in-india-community-speculations-arise-steam-community-market-become-unavailable

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps the ISPs are pissed that Steam takes a lot of bandwidth. Many of them don't like torrents either.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Hey guys need help with the new update Can we not use downloaded music in ingame steam music like we commonly used to do it in csgo?

TheSloth

The Slowest One

The government has already prepared a blueprint of rules that will target the following types of games:

• Games that involve betting
  • Games that can be harmful to users
  • Games that have an addiction factor

Now CS, Dota kind of games are addicting, to some people. How do they categorize this? Harmful and addiction part is ignored if users are paying hefty tax to govt. On games we are already paying GST. This is just great. After PM congratulating Indian esports team for their victory, I thought scenes are getting better for gaming community.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
The government has already prepared a blueprint of rules that will target the following types of games:

• Games that involve betting
  • Games that can be harmful to users
  • Games that have an addiction factor
Meanwhile Sports fantasy league apps are everywhere on app stores and on TV running ads.
Gamers are still a small percentage of the population compared to these apps and how they are promoted.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Has there been any change in purchasing games on steam with Credit Cards recently?
Today was attempting to buy Cyberpunk 2077 and transaction was declined. Tried again and same result. Then got a message that my card is temporarily blocked.
Never happened before and all transactions went through without the need for OTPs on steam before. Bought some games in recent Halloween sale as well without any hassle.

Killing Machine
Has there been any change in purchasing games on steam with Credit Cards recently?
Today was attempting to buy Cyberpunk 2077 and transaction was declined. Tried again and same result. Then got a message that my card is temporarily blocked.
Never happened before and all transactions went through without the need for OTPs on steam before. Bought some games in recent Halloween sale as well without any hassle.
See if you have international transactions enabled with limits allowed in your card and then use Visa/Mastercard gateway. This works for me. CC will be charged in international mode but in INR. Direct charge without OTP.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Have International transactions turned on and have set up limits for both domestic and international.
Been using this card for a long time via online/merchant in and out of India. Never been a problem. This just seemed weird.
Anyway talked to CC, got it unblocked and was able to buy the game later.

Top Bottom