Steam

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Last few days been having problem connecting to Steam. On opening it shows me the connection error and asks if I want 'retry connection' again or 'start in offline mode'. Retry connection sometimes works, other times does not and just stays in 'trying to connect'. Starting with Administrative privileges sometimes works but again gives the same problem as above other times. Once connected it stays stable though.
Problem started since last couple of updates. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, problem persists.
Anyone else facing similar issue?
Same issue here exactly word to word.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Last few days been having problem connecting to Steam. On opening it shows me the connection error and asks if I want 'retry connection' again or 'start in offline mode'. Retry connection sometimes works, other times does not and just stays in 'trying to connect'. Starting with Administrative privileges sometimes works but again gives the same problem as above other times. Once connected it stays stable though.
Problem started since last couple of updates. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, problem persists.
Yes same here and few of my friends as well. I start Steam in Big Picture mode and it works most of the time. If it didnt then inside big picture I will click on Try Again and it work 90% times.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I also have the same issue you'll need to end the steam process tree from task manager and restart steam again to work

Same issue on Win10

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I had emailed Valve about the issue. Sent them some logs from my steam and this is the response I got:

*i.imgur.com/Y8IBWLi.jpg

I think ISPs everywhere are trying to somehow block or limit steam by interfering with the UDP connections. But since all of us are getting it, it could very well be some issue on their end. Let's see.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I had emailed Valve about the issue. Sent them some logs from my steam and this is the response I got:

*i.imgur.com/Y8IBWLi.jpg

I think ISPs everywhere are trying to somehow block or limit steam by interfering with the UDP connections. But since all of us are getting it, it could very well be some issue on their end. Let's see.
That doesn't make sense since there aren't many Steam users in India. I am sure Netflix gets more traffic than Steam.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Certainly airtel too has started blocking torrent trackers. I have been getting slow speeds. Even mobile net gives faster speed.
Usually ACT doesn't stop p2p sites or downloads but since 8 months even ACT BB needs VPN for p2p sites to open.
And Excitel BB & Hathway BB are same
Again I don't know about others since I never used others other than ACT, Excitel & Hathway.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
That doesn't make sense since there aren't many Steam users in India. I am sure Netflix gets more traffic than Steam.
Something is wrong though. Both the TDF dota group and other gaming groups I am a part of are having issues with login. Surely this is ISPs meddling with something that would help save them back-end cost.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I had emailed Valve about the issue. Sent themdrops-kb5006674-build-22000-258/ some logs from my steam and this is the response I got:

*i.imgur.com/Y8IBWLi.jpg

Its not the ISPs
Check here with this MS Update specifically for UDP problems what ever it may since I don't know anything regarding networking. I am a noob.

First Windows 11 Cumulative Update Drops!(Regarding UDP)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
STEAM SALES

Halloween Sale 2021: 28th Oct – 1st Nov 2021

Autumn Sale 2021: 24th Nov – 30th Nov 2021

Winter Sale 2021: 22nd Dec – 5th Jan 2022

Top Bottom