Steam

Killing Machine
You can't add $ steam cards to your account, won't affect most for sure.
Yeah that's what I understood. Not sure why @pkkumarcool calls it bad news. I don't think there is any advantage of adding $ cards unless someone is selling is for way cheaper than the actual card value which I highly doubt it. Plus, if the policy change is giving a hard blow to all the scammers out there, it is good.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Yeah that's what I understood. Not sure why @pkkumarcool calls it bad news. I don't think there is any advantage of adding $ cards unless someone is selling is for way cheaper than the actual card value which I highly doubt it. Plus, if the policy change is giving a hard blow to all the scammers out there, it is good.
Steam's new policy change to punish vpn users that change the country to buy from cheaper regions. If I purchase games from another region with my card I need to pay currency conversion charges but If I use a steam gift card steam automatically convert to target country's currency without any charge

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Steam's new policy change to punish vpn users that change the country to buy from cheaper regions. If I purchase games from another region with my card I need to pay currency conversion charges but If I use a steam gift card steam automatically convert to target country's currency without any charge
It's not exactly a new policy to be honest. It has been on the Terms of Usage for atleast half a decade now and some people have lost access to their accounts.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
It's not exactly a new policy to be honest. It has been on the Terms of Usage for atleast half a decade now and some people have lost access to their accounts.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk
So, you mean the Steam games bought in US. Cannot be played in India ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes boss. These are the 3 official Steam resellers for gift cards in India.
  • Gamers Gift
  • Digistore
  • Steam Wallet by NODWIN on Amazon
Pro tip: Use bank offers or other offers on Amazon to buy wallet codes at reduced prices.
Wow hackerman, great way to save some extra

Reactions: 007

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
IIRC even using a VPN you won't be able to access store front of another country unless you change the country of your steam account.

Top Bottom