STALKER:Clear Sky -->> Highly under-rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hey T159, I am at an early stage in the game. I am at the point where you have to capture the Northstead Farm. I killed all the goons there. Now the object states that 'Hold the Poin Till Help Arrives'. I have been waiting for 35mins. No-one arrived :(. Any ideas ?

Game is patched to 1.5.0.4

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Finished STALKER:CS a few days ago. My view:-

Bad Points:-
1) The story is the main bad thing. Wen u look at the map u ll be excited abt its hugeness and u ll feel that u ll get many places to visit. Unfortunately no.
2) The gameplay is sort of linear, and sometimes u ll bang ur head at wat u r asked to do.
3) The Ending comes extremely sooner then u ll expect it to be.
4) AI cud be better.
5) Underground levels didnt give "something badz waiting" feeling, like how Chernobyl gave.
6) Maybe not on urs, and urs and urs too, but on many many PCs its giving buggy crashes and all, even after 1.5.04. Check out FarCry 2, right out of the box it is highly "error-free".
7) They skipped many levels near the end.
8 ) Only twice i faced the emissions, that too wen i was near a tunnel and a hiding. shows that it is preplanned to emit wen u visit these places.
9) Faction wars and all in the PDA didnt prove to be much useful.
10) Overall it lacked that scary feeling that SOC had. SOC throughout made us skip meals :p.
11) Self Shadow wud have been good if added.

Good Points:-
1) Great Graphics and environments, everything casts shadow and the speed of day-night cycle is acceptable.
2) Weapon upgrades make it more interesting to earn money.
3) Ending perfectly explains why in SOC we dont know who we are.
4) Great rain effects n lightening. Best rain effects ever seen.

Overall a 7/10 is good for the game, beleive me if the same graphics were put on SOC, then it wud be a 10/10

^^Psychosocial...
The same thing happened with me too, they didnt come, wen i noticed the map, the person who was leading to my place was getting indulged in some fight and getting killed, and then again other person was coming and cycle goes on....wat i did then was i went to the place from whr they started(fishing hamlet i think) and accompanied them till NF

Last edited:
OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

1) The story is the main bad thing. Wen u look at the map u ll be excited abt its hugeness and u ll feel that u ll get many places to visit. Unfortunately no.
2) The gameplay is sort of linear, and sometimes u ll bang ur head at wat u r asked to do.
4) AI cud be better.
5) Underground levels didnt give "something badz waiting" feeling, like how Chernobyl gave.
6) Maybe not on urs, and urs and urs too, but on many many PCs its giving buggy crashes and all, even after 1.5.04. Check out FarCry 2, right out of the box it is highly "error-free".
8 ) Only twice i faced the emissions, that too wen i was near a tunnel and a hiding. shows that it is preplanned to emit wen u visit these places.
10) Overall it lacked that scary feeling that SOC had. SOC throughout made us skip meals :p.

1) Great Graphics and environments, everything casts shadow and the speed of day-night cycle is acceptable.

Overall a 7/10 is good for the game, beleive me if the same graphics were put on SOC, then it wud be a 10/10

^^Psychosocial...
The same thing happened with me too, they didnt come, wen i noticed the map, the person who was leading to my place was getting indulged in some fight and getting killed, and then again other person was coming and cycle goes on....wat i did then was i went to the place from whr they started(fishing hamlet i think) and accompanied them till NF

---> lolumad ? The game provides complete freedom. You can go anywhere. Much better than FarCry 2 where 80% of land is covered with unscalable mountains :|. The story is decent. Not great but not bad. See FarCry 2's story to get a bad feeling :|.

----> Linear ? You gone insane ? Its a FPS-RPG hybrid and gives a lot of freedom unless you are on a timed mission :|.

----> Sad but true :(.

4) AI cud be better.
-----> If you think so, you need to see a psychiatrist. The game has one of the best AI enemies in ANY game till now. Actually, people are complaining coz its AI is very realistic. :|

----> Environment is not changed but much but yeah, Chernobyl did give a better chilling experience :).

----> I have heard many complaints but never faced a crash/problem myself. And you talking about FC2 ? It does not even allow you to re-map the controls bcoz it makes your player get stuck (on 1.0 vanilla version.)

----> Can't understand what you are trying to tell here :|.

-----> You missed something :p

----> o_0

-----> I don't think so but as it's your opinion, I can't counter it. Everybody has the right to speak their minds.

-----> Yup!!

^^Psychosocial...

---> Thanks. Will try it out.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Talk about scary feeling, Dude the night time in CS is pretty freaky, with limited visibility of flash light, every step becomes a near death experience and every sound u hear can be of Death waiting in the form of Snorks, BloodSuckers, mutant dogs or worse those brain psychic messed up mutants. I had to do the Yantar level in the night and was scared shitless!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

4) AI cud be better.

^^Psychosocial...
1) Yup story was like why just I can't leave instead of following Strelok. Why should I damage my nervous system. Maps were large, especially swamps but there could have been many things happening in it. It felt dull. While Limansk was totally linear and there was no way to explore it :/

2) Not quite, infact gameplay was totally as u wanted it to be. Except for that Limansk part and thereafter.

3) Yup it was surely a shocker to get the ending at point where you craved for one full blown NPP level.

4) AI is certainly better and more cunning this time. Escaping grenade was difficult. Even some of them jumped over obstacles to take you down. And some showed strategic behavior. But yeah if you quick save and quick load the game then AI becomes unaware of your previous action for say 1 minute till the whole data is processesd by your CPU.

5) Ther was only one underground level and I must say it was spooky and downright thrilling. But I missed labx16 and labx18. They were more spookier than this.

6) It didn't crash on mine for more than 10 times during my over 20 days of gameplay. I must be lucky.

7)Yep, I wanted to see Rostok, Pripyat.

8) Emissions usually starts at the loading of level and not in between. They are not scripted but randomized depending upon some factors. I faced more than 8 emissions. Can you believe that at one time in garabage level when emission started the safe point was bandit base, lolz. I even reached there but there were bandits already there, it was stupid IMO to take shelter at your enemies place...rofl

9) PDA missed the folklore, zone infor, your detailed stats. Faction wars were tricky at times. I joined all the factions except bandits. And compelety destroyed bandit base at last.

10) SOC gave me lonliness feeling and was overall scarier than this one. But night time is scarier in this one. Red Forest was a nightmare.

11) What ?

Talk about scary feeling, Dude the night time in CS is pretty freaky, with limited visibility of flash light, every step becomes a near death experience and every sound u hear can be of Death waiting in the form of Snorks, BloodSuckers, mutant dogs or worse those brain psychic messed up mutants. I had to do the Yantar level in the night and was scared shitless!
Overall monsters were better in this game than previous one.

That psychic pseudodog was fun. Controller too was pretty good, I guess I could see more of'em. The Pseudogiant was a badass, took 4-5 ammo clips to go down.

Traveling at night was scary business.

Last edited:
OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
T159 :-
Thanks to you. I am following your steps and playing the game with patience and mods :D (not saying that you played with mods but I am playing with them.)

See this pics. I am at the mission where you first enter Cordon and dodge the millitary gunner. I got soo much stuff so soon. :-

*img440.imageshack.us/img440/3458/xrengine200811181837298lj5.jpg

New suit, and detector :-

*img227.imageshack.us/img227/7439/xrengine200811181910172qc9.jpg

BTW, I am using only two mods. 5000kg carry limit and Fair Trade (all traders have every weapon from beginning.). No mods that make enemies weak/guns more powerful/give you huge amounts of money/etc.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I missed the same GP 37 :/
And yeah you got the best detector in the game. Weight was one of the limit during Limansk and subsequent levels. I was loaded with stuffs to find out some trader but hell all those stuff was a waste to carry, there are no traders past Limansk.

Btw how did you get past that asteroid shooting mini game in Dead Space ?

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz

---> lolumad ? The game provides complete freedom. You can go anywhere. Much better than FarCry 2 where 80% of land is covered with unscalable mountains :|. The story is decent. Not great but not bad. See FarCry 2's story to get a bad feeling :|.

----> Linear ? You gone insane ? Its a FPS-RPG hybrid and gives a lot of freedom unless you are on a timed mission :|.

----> Sad but true :(.

4) AI cud be better.
-----> If you think so, you need to see a psychiatrist. The game has one of the best AI enemies in ANY game till now. Actually, people are complaining coz its AI is very realistic. :|

----> Environment is not changed but much but yeah, Chernobyl did give a better chilling experience :).

----> I have heard many complaints but never faced a crash/problem myself. And you talking about FC2 ? It does not even allow you to re-map the controls bcoz it makes your player get stuck (on 1.0 vanilla version.)

----> Can't understand what you are trying to tell here :|.

-----> You missed something :p

----> o_0

-----> I don't think so but as it's your opinion, I can't counter it. Everybody has the right to speak their minds.

-----> Yup!!

^^Psychosocial...

---> Thanks. Will try it out.

1) I m no Far Cry 2 fan, Far Cry was a great game, but Far Cry 2 sucks BIG TIME. And story is definitely not good here, its extremely short, and wen u try to look the story as a whole there are many things that u ll find empty. Example, for first 2 hours of the game I was helping up Clear Sky, Clear Sky who, the one whom we never needed in the game, in the last levels they re appeared, but not for much help. I m a big STALKER fan, i cudnt wait for this and downloaded Russian version(english text) and finished, then i refinished it with English, downloaded the whole game again at my 96kbps internet.

2)maybe U have just begun playing man, check the last few levels, u ll have just one path, only and only 1 path. And about non-linearity, i have played many many open world games before, and the best one of them for me was Shadow Of Chernobyl and ES4: Oblivion.

3) Ending is reaaaaaaaaaaal soon.

4) About the AI, i mentioned it cud ve been better. I didnt say its bad. Check out the level in which the bridge lowers, the sniper comes over and over at the same place, and he shoots randomely, not even close to any target. Again check the last level, they made it insaaaaaaaannnneeeeeeeely tough, wat the AI is doing, see and shoot, thats all, and i didnt find any change in the way enemy see and shoot at night or in rain, its always the same.
"Psychiatrist and insanity" dont bother AI.

5) I got a point that u agree.

6) First of all, i m not advertising Far Cry 2, its just a recent example, i cudve mentioned half life 2 also. Secondly, the first two versions of CS were super buggy, even 1.5.04 is giving random BSODs for ppl.

7) Play it and u ll understand.

8) I am sorry abt this point. Maybe its wat i missed.

9) PDA faction war feature didnt help much after swamps. For me once it showed "Duty" on the freinds side. But wen i reached them they opened fire, till date i m confued why.

10) It did bro, finish it and then compare it with SOC.

I am no FARCRY fan or STALKER hater.. STALKER is one of my fav game, its just that we all expected too much and many of us are left unsatisfied. This prequel cud have been better, doesnt mean it is not good.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
OMG ! Another game which is actually looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R and is made by some Russian company *www.4a-games.com/

Metro 2033

Here is youtube video:
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=hmPTEfwNobI&

Some screenshots:
*www.firingsquad.com/media/gallery_index.asp/866/0

Isn't it like S.T.A.L.K.E.R clone with more potential, more spooky areas to explore and a would be awesome experience. Getting my fingers crossed for this one to hit.

Last edited:

arijit_2404

still find time for games
I think it's not a STALKER-clone. It's a survival-horror game like Left4Dead or SH-series. It looks like events are based on STALKER-type environment.
Anyway it's looking good.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
OMG ! Another game which is actually looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R and is made by some Russian company *www.4a-games.com/

Metro 2033

Here is youtube video:
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=hmPTEfwNobI&

Some screenshots:
*www.firingsquad.com/media/gallery_index.asp/866/0

Isn't it like S.T.A.L.K.E.R clone with more potential, more spooky areas to explore and a would be awesome experience. Getting my fingers crossed for this one to hit.

Looks promising.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
*img528.imageshack.us/img528/4931/xrengine200811221315075tg6.jpg

*img149.imageshack.us/img149/5852/xrengine200811221316043kw1.jpg

*img116.imageshack.us/img116/9523/xrengine200811221334506ch9.jpg

Got nearly all the weapons the game has to offer. I must say, really good game. Also got the Exoskeleton. I cant sprint after wearing it. Dunno why :(.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
There is one special exo which lets you sprint too. And I couldn't get those goodies that why I rated it a little low.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
OCIW i.e. the Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher's SC20K looking like gun, haven't u guys ever played S.O.F or SOCOM??? Its one of the best weapon of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom