SSD prices fall by 48 percent in 2011-2012

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Cost per Gigabyte isn't everything. Look out for failure rate and firmware bug history as well.

this is true in my case.. I want a very reliable SSD, I dont want to go through all the hassle of RMA and stuff just after couple of months of buying the product.

BTW .. is 60/64 GB sufficient for OS + BF3 + Visual Studio 2010? and which is the most reliable ones

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
BTW .. is 60/64 GB sufficient for OS + BF3 + Visual Studio 2010? and which is the most reliable ones

OS=30 Gig
Visual studio=10 Gig.

Unless BF3 is more than 20 GB, I think 64 Gig is more than enough.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
OS=30 Gig
Visual studio=10 Gig.

Unless BF3 is more than 20 GB, I think 64 Gig is more than enough.

Hey :x:x.. watch what you say!!! :x:x (pun intended) :p

BTW any specific SKU's you'd recommend?

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I didn't understand the context of 1st line. And the 2nd line as well. :|

lol , first line was a warning cause I play BF3 :p, pun was also intended :D

second line.. I wanted to know about alternate models other than the ones mentioned in the first post.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
nope. you can't accomodate any games in 60gb. 120gb is minimum.

I have mushkin callisto 60gb ssd. OS(hibernate disabled)+Apps(including adobe cs master collection except video) in it with 20gb free. SSD should not be filled upto the brim as it will affect speeds.

_

technumo

Broken In
HHD prices are way too high now , i bought a 1tb for 4300 some 8 months back , now their prices are between 5700- 6200 , i dont know what happened... hope that will also come down with fall in SSD prices.

Top Bottom