Spiderman Shutdown Dialog And Login Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceeeeman

Journeyman
hi guys . after the spider man release i hv been motivated to do modify my comp like a spider man one . so heres wht all i have done . ill also tel u how to do it .hope u all like it n try it .BUT BEFORE TRYING IT MAKE A BACK UP OF THE FILES MENTIONED IN THE TUTORIAL.

HERES A LOOK AT MY SHUTDOWN DIALOG.
*img176.imageshack.us/img176/7353/11076196cl7.jpg
hers how to do it
1. download the required images from HERE

Extract the file and u'll get 3 BMPs with the name:

b.bmp
c.bmp
d.bmp

open %windir%\System32\msgina.dll file in Resource Hacker and then replace following bitmap's with the mentioned BMP files:

Bitmap -> 20140 -> 1033 with b.bmp
Bitmap -> 20141 -> 1033 with d.bmp
Bitmap -> 20142 -> 1033 with b.bmp
Bitmap -> 20143 -> 1033 with d.bmp
Bitmap -> 20150 -> 1033 with c.bmp

now go to Dilaog ->20100 ->1033
and the replace the code with the following one

Code:
20100 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 338, 141
STYLE DS_SYSMODAL | DS_SETFOREGROUND | WS_POPUP | WS_BORDER
CAPTION ""
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg"
{
   CONTROL "Cancel", 2, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 130, 116, 40, 12 
   CONTROL "Flag", 20101, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 296, 2, 32, 10 
   CONTROL "Bye Bye.", 20102, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 0, 162, 26 
   CONTROL "&Wil B Back", 20104, BUTTON, BS_OWNERDRAW | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 273, 17, 22, 20 
   CONTROL "T&ake Care", 20103, BUTTON, BS_OWNERDRAW | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 273, 55, 22, 20 
   CONTROL "&Just Coming", 20105, BUTTON, BS_OWNERDRAW | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 273, 92, 22, 20 
   CONTROL "&Hibernate", 20106, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 13, 116, 42, 12 
   CONTROL "", 20108, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_DISABLED, 263, 42, 50, 8 
   CONTROL "", 20107, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_DISABLED, 263, 79, 50, 8 
   CONTROL "", 20109, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_DISABLED, 263, 117, 50, 8 
}
Now compile it n then save it in any folder ......n then replace it using replacer IF U DON'T HAVE IT U CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM HERE ............ thts it
i have also made a spider man login screen
heres how it looks
*img201.imageshack.us/img201/4889/23333uf2.jpg

for y\this just download the logonui.exe file from HERE

and finally replace it using replacer

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
thnx.... keep posting man... *img221.imageshack.us/img221/751/1908407applaus6zz.gif*img221.imageshack.us/img221/751/1908407applaus6zz.gif

OP
I

iceeeeman

Journeyman
@pritish_kul2
dude i have written in the tutorial tht before doing any changes create a backup of ur files!!!!!!!!!! if u want to undo replace the default files !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:):)AND GUYS THNX FOR UR VALUEABLE COMMENTS:):)

OP
I

iceeeeman

Journeyman
theres more guys
there a screen shot my my run dialog
*img211.imageshack.us/img211/4940/runtr4.jpg

heres how to do it 1st download the required img from HERE
then extract it in a folder
NOW OPEN SHELL32.DLL in resource hacker

and then click on action and then add a new resource ....
Browse the image file mentioned above .
then enter the resource name as 9890 and resource language as 1033
click on OK......

THEN GO TO ...

Dialog ->1003 ->1033

THE REPLACE THE DEFAULT CODE WITH THIS ONE
Code:
1003 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 142, 168
STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_NOIDLEMSG | DS_CONTEXTHELP | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION "Run"
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg"
{
   CONTROL "", 12298, COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWN | CBS_AUTOHSCROLL | CBS_DISABLENOSCROLL | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 44, 6, 56, 194 
   CONTROL "Go..", 1, BUTTON, BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 7, 142, 50, 14 
   CONTROL "&Web...", 12288, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 83, 142, 50, 14 
   CONTROL 9890, 0, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | WS_GROUP, 1, 65535, 141, 170 
}

AND THEN CLICK ON COMPLILE .......

now save this file as shell32.dll on ur desktop and finally replace it using replacer!!!!

heres a wallpaper tht goes with this spidy customizations DOWNLOAD:)

OP
I

iceeeeman

Journeyman
pritish_kul2 said:
But what will be the original file to be replaced?
It says,"A file cannot replace itself."

dude u fogot to Read the line in thT tut which says'PLZ CREATE A BACKUP OF UR FILES BEFORE PERFORMING THIS'

however if u hv not created a backup of ur files n u want to undo changes ,search for the reqired filename in %windows/system32% (msgina.dll for the shutdown dialog and logonuie.exe for loging ,logoff screen)
when u search "msgina" u will find two files 1 named "msgina.dll" and 2 nd named "msgina.backup" all u have to is to rename the msgina.backup to
'msgina.dll" n save it on ur desktop n then replace it using replacer :cool:8)
same to b followed for logonui.exe

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
ahhhhhhhh...... finallllly ho gaya. i saved the registry instead of replacong the file in the windows folder , ireplaced the file which i saved

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Okay man thats got be an awesome tutorial. You are a fan of Spider Man, well I am also a fan of Spidey but I am a greater fan of Anna Kournikova. Hence when I tried your trick the only difference was in b.bmp, which was ofcourse a 500x250 beautiful Anna Kournikova bmp image. Everything is fine but I am not unable to change your custome text like Bye Bye, take care , will be back and so on.
I tried replacing your text with mine in Res Hacker and managed to compile it successfully as well but when I save it I get error saying cannot create magina.dll. So my question is anyone's guess.... a work around for this so that I can use my text

OP
I

iceeeeman

Journeyman
jamesbond007 said:
Okay man thats got be an awesome tutorial. You are a fan of Spider Man, well I am also a fan of Spidey but I am a greater fan of Anna Kournikova. Hence when I tried your trick the only difference was in b.bmp, which was ofcourse a 500x250 beautiful Anna Kournikova bmp image. Everything is fine but I am not unable to change your custome text like Bye Bye, take care , will be back and so on.
I tried replacing your text with mine in Res Hacker and managed to compile it successfully as well but when I save it I get error saying cannot create magina.dll. So my question is anyone's guess.... a work around for this so that I can use my text
hi ... the reason y u cant change is because the file named "msgina.dll"is being used in the background by microsoft hence u cannot save it....
ill tel u how to do it "after u have complied the file click on save as and then save the file anywhere on ur hard disk , but the name of the file should b same , for eg if u are editing msgina.dll then save it as magina.dll (same name) but now save it on ur desktop....

after this open replacer n repace ur original file i.e the one in %windows/system32% folder with the one u saved on ur desktop or anywhere on ur hard disk:)

any more probs lemme know.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom