• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Spiderman Shutdown Dialog And Login Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
I

iceeeeman

Journeyman
jamesbond007 said:
Okay man thats got be an awesome tutorial. You are a fan of Spider Man, well I am also a fan of Spidey but I am a greater fan of Anna Kournikova. Hence when I tried your trick the only difference was in b.bmp, which was ofcourse a 500x250 beautiful Anna Kournikova bmp image. Everything is fine but I am not unable to change your custome text like Bye Bye, take care , will be back and so on.
I tried replacing your text with mine in Res Hacker and managed to compile it successfully as well but when I save it I get error saying cannot create magina.dll. So my question is anyone's guess.... a work around for this so that I can use my text
hi ... the reason y u cant change is because the file named "msgina.dll"is being used in the background by microsoft hence u cannot save it....
ill tel u how to do it "after u have complied the file click on save as and then save the file anywhere on ur hard disk , but the name of the file should b same , for eg if u are editing msgina.dll then save it as magina.dll (same name) but now save it on ur desktop....

after this open replacer n repace ur original file i.e the one in %windows/system32% folder with the one u saved on ur desktop or anywhere on ur hard disk:)

any more probs lemme know.....

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Thanx Iceeeeman I managed to get my work done with replacer. Now how about replacing these modified files viz msgina.dll, shell32.dll, logonui.exe and sysdm.cpl with those that are in Original Win XP CD. I mean I want to create a Win XP cd with all my modified system files in it so that when I next install Windows on my PC I dont have to modify all these files again.
I guess nLite and Windows unattended cd installer may have this option but is there any easier way to do this ? Can I use replacer to replace original system files with the modified ones??

OP
I

iceeeeman

Journeyman
jamesbond007 said:
I guess nLite and Windows unattended cd installer may have this option but is there any easier way to do this ? Can I use replacer to replace original system files with the modified ones??

Just replace the files on the CD with the ones on your comp. ie first make them into cab format ...
for doing this open commandpromt (cmd) a then type the place where the file is located for eg
c:/a/makecab shell32.dll (if u want to compress the shell32.dll file) doin do wil change the extension of the file to shell32.dl_ then go to winxp setup folder 1386 n then replace the file

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom