Speed Up Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

amistik

Broken In
You never get such speed over analogue line. Go for ISDN BRI connection. Or if avilable go for DIAS. Then onlu u can get 64/128 kbps.

Or one thing you can do. If you have two phone line then use them both using modem. Windows 2000 and later have this feature to connect internet with multiple line.

id10t

Broken In
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
can anyone tell how it is possible to connect at a speed of 115 kbps on bsnl dial up connection
it can be connected only 46/48 bps maximum

Sorry for utting this question again
that 115 kbps is not the speed at which you have connected with BSNL rather it is the speed of your serial port.

godzi_85

In the zone
the best thing to do is get the mtnl unlimited internet conection plan for two telephone lines... get 2 modems... and woah cool internet dowloads!!!! i did try it.. and it was way better.... than connection for a single line.. but then one of my line was a normal line so didn`t use it often... cause i got a phone bill of 1k and oh my my was dc for 5 days cause we didn`t pay the phone bill...hehehehehe
but still it was fun...while it lasted...
oh i have a 10 year old 33.6K modem and get speeds of around 3.6 to 4.3 at night... it ain`t bad what say people???
and oh do any of the internet speed increase progams do any good..
can u guys tell me about the mtnl server... if possible.
thanks..
and oh what`s the best bit torrent program... can you tell me.. i use azereus... which else is good..

techiways

Broken In
Tips

I get around 52 kbbs in off-peak time and 44 kbbs in peak hours on my BSNL dialup.

The connection speed in based on various factors. Some are below

1. ISP's Bandwidth

2. The remote network you are connected to

3. Traffic on the internet

4. Mode of connection (Wireless, Fiber optic, Copper)

5. Date flow

6. Packet loss while tranmitting date through various gateways untill end point

7. Network sharing (If you are sharing the same internet connection with several computers on your LAN)

Remember that, Your computer configuration has no effect over the Internet Speed. Ex: If you use a p4 or an p1... The connection speed will remain the same.

For better speed, try using a proxy server which is located in your ISP's network. You can find such proxies from several online sites. Do note, usage of such proxies will not warrent any security over your date transmission and you will also be exhibited to privacy problems.

You can measure the Data flow / Internet Speed / Date loss and etc using software's such as DU meter and Netmeter.

demoninside

In the zone
Hey can any buddy tell me how to use two modems in the most efficent manner
coz when i did it it wasn't very usefull just get a very littel upgrade

theraven

Technomancer
theres a post on it already ..
anyways just bridge ur connections from "Network Connections"
select them both .. right click => bridge

ice

In the zone
Its not a problem, its just the way windows shows it.

Let it be... Its the port speed.

theraven

Technomancer
o ur relyin on my reply :D
well my experience with it was with broadband
tho i suggested it to someone and was said it worked with dial up
so just goto control panel => network connections
select ur 2 dialup connections ... and right click ... and select bridge connections
this should be simple enuff dude ... try it out ..

demoninside

In the zone
k got it dude actually i was having more questions so i asked u that
should i shoot those here??????
i think i shouldn't so asked .
any way thanx a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom