South Korea to launch 1 Gbps internet this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinku dhar

In the zone
DAMN ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well when is india gonna introduce it ???????????????? i think its a DREAm for pplz here :)

may be in comin 5yrs lolz :|

champ_rock

champ_rock
well, whenever i get a chance i will go to korea.. i will take a connection.. download full one month.. come back happy with stacks of dvd's and hard disks...

Anand_RF

Journeyman
I'm hoping we get 512kbps unlmtd connections for under 2000 rs in the next 5 yrs here. Indian ISPs all suck!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
soham said:
Why isnt TRAI doing something to make broadband cheap and faster. 2Mbps broadband still costs 9000 in India.Whereas in Korea you can get it for as less as 100 rupees
well prices are due to fall in next 6-8 months b'cos companies like reliance,airtel,bsnl & railtel(a railway telecom venture) are busy laying under sea cables form which barti(airtel) & falcon(reliance) have already done it. this is specially done for taking our goverment's plans of e- governance to a next step.
so sit back & n'joy:)
check this for more:Reliance Comm launches submarine cable
MTNL, BSNL to Lay Submarine Cable

regards,
gary

tinku dhar

In the zone
Anand_RF said:
I'm hoping we get 512kbps unlmtd connections for under 2000 rs in the next 5 yrs here. Indian ISPs all suck!

how can ya say 2000????????????????

mayn it suld be atleast 400Rs per month ....

Anand_RF

Journeyman
tinku dhar said:
how can ya say 2000????????????????

mayn it suld be atleast 400Rs per month ....
I'm not saying I'll pay rs 2000/mo for 512kbps, I'm saying India's major ISPs don't even have a 512kbps plan. It is a statement made in desperation lol.

Dink2cool

Broken In
1 Gbps !!!! think of what all we can download with 1 Gbps connection ....a 1 GB movies would take only 8-9 seconds to download ...... i wish i were at korea right now would be lucky enough to get this type of connection

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What drvarunmehta said makes lot of sense, what's the use of such speeds when our hard disks won't be able to cope up with it.
Also, I feel this will only be for servers as the cost will be on higher side and if this is for the home users, there will be hardly enough speed on the server end to make this worthwhile.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
plsoft said:
painful news. It's like u r stuck in the desert without water, and you see in a distant a person drinking water without any short in supply. sobbbbb painful

well the person you're seeing isn't drinking mate , he's fishing in his own swimming pool !

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Vyasram said:
i'm red hot green

i wanna 1 mbps for .5k a month with unlimited transfer

Yesterday I was feeling that I was in Korea. Reason my Sify 256 Kbps connection was Giving speed of 1.6 Mbps. And what I did was I downloaded Vista RC1 for x64 in one night

Vyasram

The pWnster
tech_your_future said:
What drvarunmehta said makes lot of sense, what's the use of such speeds when our hard disks won't be able to cope up with it.
Also, I feel this will only be for servers as the cost will be on higher side and if this is for the home users, there will be hardly enough speed on the server end to make this worthwhile.

gr8 pt by him, but naturally faster drives will be produced as the need would arise for ppl with sucxh connections

Third Eye

gooby pls
In 10GB connection,i will download all the things except illegal things immediately but it is a dream for me.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Also, the following thing makes me think if this will be for home users
``However, we have created technology taking advantage of various length frames of optical fiber, increasing the number 32 fold to 512 users per cable,'' Kim said.
Only 512 users per cable. That means very high cost. I feel this will be feasible only on servers for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom