South Africa crush Asutralia, win test series

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
*www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/dec/30south-africa-crush-australia-win-series.htm

Watched most of the match, it was too easy for them. Serves the australians right...:p
Hope they win the series 3-0 and Ponting sacked as captain...:rolleyes:
Mcgrath and Warne's retirement have hit them hard...:)
Congratulations to Graeme Smith and his men...:)

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hmm... that pushes India back to No.3 in rankings I guess...

If they win 3-0, SA will officially be no.1, Aus at 2 and India at 3.
Right now I think it is Aus still at 1, India at 2 and SA at 3.:) Correct me if I am wrong.

Finally a break after 16 years of continuous wins for Australia in their home ground....!!!

Yes, last time they lost a test series on home ground was against WI in '92-'93 season. Power was unofficially shifted to Aus team when Mark Taylor won the test series in WI in 1995...I think...

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aussies still have the crown and will surely be called the "World Champions" until some other country wins the 2011 World Cup. :|

I remember every news channel saying, "Australia ki baadshahat khatam ho gayi hai!!" blah blah blab before the 2007 WC when they had lost some matches and then which country won the WC? It was Australia again. :|

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
^^ true, Everyone loves to see a champion losing and the underdog winning.
Irrespective of the behaviour of their players, its the Aussies who always show the aggressive approach and the desire to win. Which usually is not the case with our own Team India, though that too appears to change these days but the real test would be on foreign soil against a team like SA.

they mite v had sight screen problems ...venue was fourth world country na....dont u all knw

lolz .........

But to say the truth .... i think India and SA are the two top teams in the world now. It will be an exciting contest if India is touring SA in near future ( i dnt knw yet ..sorry for my ignorance :p). Both teams are in stupendous form from the last few months.

And about aussies .... i cant describe how much we love watching them loosing like this. Irrespective of their performances, i really hate their arrogance on/off the field.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
lolz .........

But to say the truth .... i think India and SA are the two top teams in the world now. It will be an exciting contest if India is touring SA in near future ( i dnt knw yet ..sorry for my ignorance :p). Both teams are in stupendous form from the last few months.

And about aussies .... i cant describe how much we love watching them loosing like this. Irrespective of their performances, i really hate their arrogance on/off the field.

+10000000000000000 :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom