Sony Xperia M/M Dual discussion

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
my sis has xperia-j and my friend bought xperia-l few weeks back and both have lot of lagging issues even in normal day to day operations.
people are writing good stuff about x-m, but i would stay clear of sony's budget phone as of now.

Most people here in TDF are only check specs sheet & then recommend the phone. no one bother to take a hands-on & then recommend it to others. :wink:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Buy HTC and Samsung crap instead with Quad Core A5. They have no lag whatsoever and so much better than Sony offerings in this range. :)

OP
Empirial

Empirial

Youngling
my sis has xperia-j and my friend bought xperia-l few weeks back and both have lot of lagging issues even in normal day to day operations.
people are writing good stuff about x-m, but i would stay clear of sony's budget phone as of now.

Can't say about SXJ but SXM is silky smooth. Maybe the unit that you friend bought is faulty.

Most people here in TDF are only check specs sheet & then recommend the phone. no one bother to take a hands-on & then recommend it to others. :wink:

Do you own a Mobile Store? Zara Lg Optimus G Pro 2 weeks ke liye use karke batana toh kaisa hai?

vpower

Broken In
Just to confirm, USB OTG works..
An advantage over L and SP as they both have missed out on this feature :D
Just to clarify.. USB OTG works in SP. I own a SP and frequently play videos and music from pen drives using OTG cable that I got for 50bucks :)

ashs1

Padawan
no USB OTG for Xperia L . :(. T__T

have been using Xperia L for about a month now..no lag as of now ( I use it for Browsing/Medium gaming )

elafanto

Journeyman
If someone from "Dehradun" wants X-M, can contact me. Brand new sealed pack XM is available for only 11K ..

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Managed to Root my device via Framaroot (Gandalf Exploit).. Use version 1.6.0 and it will work flawlessly..
Now im looking for a way to swap sd card..

Now that you've rooted, can you try moving apps to SD ? I have serious doubts over it. Someone on YouTube mentioned that it cannot be done.

Only if you could confirm this....

moniker

Broken In

Please don't compare xperia j with M and l. It's a single core cortex a5. It's a bare minimum nowadays, more like a feature phone than a mid range Android.

Kiss

Journeyman

Been using Xperia L for 3 months now...

Lag... I would say sometimes there is a bit of lag, while moving in and out of applications...

The problem which I have noticed in my XL along with my frnds XL too is that the wallpaper goes off and you can see a black screen, and within a few seconds the wallpaper comes back again.. This too happens occasionally and not always.

P.S: I haven't updated my Xperia L at all and hence can't comment if the issues are resolved when i install the updates.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Now that you've rooted, can you try moving apps to SD ? I have serious doubts over it. Someone on YouTube mentioned that it cannot be done.

Im on it.. I believe it can be done.. just give me 1-2 more days ill see and tell

Nerevarine can M play full HD videos?
Cause L cant even though the SoC supports it.

Not tested, will test and tell
EDIT: FHD does not work

How about the heating issues in M?
Can we change the back covers like purple yellow ?

Yup top part heats, but its noticeable for prolonged usage

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I dont think its bad really, Ive seen micromaxes and karbonns heating like a damn clothes iron, and this is nowhere near them.. I was browsing for an hour and i experienced a mild warmth
but then I played RTCW for 1.5 hrs and it had become relatively warm..
Like i said, it only happens after a prolonged heavy usage like graphic heavy games
(And battery remaining was 55%)

How about the heating issues in M?
Can we change the back covers like purple yellow ?

No I dont think so, as the cover itself has the NFC chip embedded but you can use after market cover (silicone ones)

Can anyone point me what system permissions, I should give to vold.fstab in order for it to work.. Im reluctant to try it myself as messing it up will result in a soft brick

LegendKiller

In the zone
Good specs hardly translate into good performance as far as my experience with even older SE phones are concerned and even now. My sis has only whatsapp, wechat and 2-3 games like temple run on her phone and x-j stutters even in normal operations like opening sms or oening the app window and all.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
no USB OTG for Xperia L . :(. T__T

have been using Xperia L for about a month now..no lag as of now ( I use it for Browsing/Medium gaming )

please upload your vold.fstab file ..

Good specs hardly translate into good performance as far as my experience with even older SE phones are concerned and even now. My sis has only whatsapp, wechat and 2-3 games like temple run on her phone and x-j stutters even in normal operations like opening sms or oening the app window and all.

dude, X-J is running on snapdragon S1- the same processor powering Xperia X10 (A 2009 android phone)..
Its only obvious that it will lag.. especially on an OS like JB.. Im sure you will be satisfied with 2013 based Xperia Devices, like M and L..
Im running Asphalt 8 at max graphics and there's absolutely NO hint of LAG...
RTCW is running awesome but has mild lag at action heavy scenes.. Mind you its a PC game ported to android, by a fan based community..
Riptide 2 runs smooth ( with max graphics)
The only real problem is the lack of internal memory and average camera .. Im still searching for a way to swap sd cards..

please give link

I found a temporary fix for low storage .. Use folder mount to link internal to SD card folders.. Although this is useless for games having size higher than 1.6 gb as they cant be installed at all :(..
Still awaiting the sd card swap method :/

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
GSMArena review

Sony Xperia M review: Morning show - GSMArena.com

Battery Life results

Sony Xperia M battery life test now over, here's how it did - GSMArena Blog

Top Bottom