Sony Xperia M/M Dual discussion

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
Re: Sony Xperia M and M Dual Announced

Anyone who has brought this beauty please put the little review

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz

Why do they need to market it as a successor ? Release it seperately and it would still do well... back OT I like this one.:D

Nerevarine

Incarnate

average.. it has a slight bluish tint in low light conditions but its not bad.. atleast not as bad as canvas 2..
id say its slightly better than lumia 520 camera..

vikash

Journeyman

M dual up with a COMING SOON tag on flipkart.
Sony Xperia M Dual Price in India - Buy Sony Xperia M Dual Black Online - Sony: Flipkart.com

Fingers crossed for the pricing :toast:
If its anywhere near 14k, I am gonna cancel my pre order and buy d DUAL one instead :doublethumb:

Nerevarine

Incarnate

So, after using this for 4 days, Ill give my first impressions..
Camera quality isnt impressive, after all its only a 5MP shooter but Id say it's quality is not what I expected it to be.. Indoor quality has a slight blue tint when tube lights are on but exterior shots are good.. Focus is quick and the Flash is really impressive..
Snaps coming soon
Display is good and vibrant if you look straight up.. Viewing angles arent good nor bad..Id say average..If you have a L520 lying around, the display looks EXACTLY the same
Storage the Xperia M has a User available internal memory of only 2.05 GB, out of which 1.5 gb is available straight out from the box.. Doesnt matter for me as Ill be swapping anyway ;).. Im using 16 GB Sandisk Class 10
Music/Sound quality is EXCELLENT.. If I had another camera, id have made a direct comparision with a Galaxy S2.. Xperia M literally obliterates the GS2 in terms of sound quality.. The phone comes with xLoud and ClearPhase enhancement, which you can toggle to see the difference
Performance - The MSM8227 coupled with Adreno 305 and 1 GB of RAM packs a mean punch with bench mark scores.. :-
Nenamark 2 score - 64.5
Quadrant - 4.4k
ANTUTU - 9700
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11907d1377169756-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-nenamark2_2013-08-20_2141.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11924d1377280747-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-23-23-27-32-1-.jpg
ALL on STOCK ROM.... !!!! Imagine what figures you will get when you flash CM10.2 on this..
Real world Perfomance
-I have installed a large no. of apps and I have yet to find any lag.. Operations are smooth, Phone boots within 20-23 secs.. This is where Sony really beats Samsung.. Sony UI isnt as laggy as Touchwiz, yet has a variety of customisation options not present in stock android like the excellent lock screen, 8 THEMES that change almost all the aspects in the phone etc etc
Looks its a sony device, the looks WILL be fantastic.. The themes and customisation are great too.. There's a dual LED notification light at the bottom which will change according to what pic is displayed on screen or according to what theme is selected.. it looks really good indoors..
AppsThere's a bunch of crapware apps preinstalled, i got rid of them tho (atleast most of them) even without root.. but some of the apps like the Sony Walkman app is much better than Google music
Overall id rate this device a 8/10
For some screenies
Also to clear it up, This phone supports USB OTG.. I have yet to test it out though..
Other 2013 devices like Xperia L does not support USB OTG
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11908d1377169872-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-05-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11909d1377169875-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-16-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11910d1377169879-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-30-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11911d1377169887-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-49-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11912d1377169895-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-40-24-1-.jpg

Last edited:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited

Where did you buy at BBSR and how do you compare with Xolo Q800 ( old batches ) ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I bought this from ebay at Rs 12066, via cash on delivery...
The delivery was really fast, it took only 4 days (including saturday and sunday)..
I dont own a Q800 so cant say.. If I had to take a guess, id say the Q800 camera will be better, and the screen having a higher res will look better..Storage is another issue which has yet to be resolved :/ Still waiting for a root
But in terms of performance, M will be ahead of Q800, even if it's facing against a quadcore..(Both in Benchmarks and Real world applications)..

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Expect a GSMArena review soon

*plus.google.com/u/0/+gsmarena/posts/G39GvKFDd8Z

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity

Camera quality isnt impressive, after all its only a 5MP shooter but Id say it's quality is not what I expected it to be.. Indoor quality has a slight blue tint when tube lights are on but exterior shots are good.. Focus is quick and the Flash is really impressive..
Snaps coming soon
Display is good and vibrant if you look straight up.. Viewing angles arent good nor bad..Id say average..If you have a L520 lying around, the display looks EXACTLY the same
Storage the Xperia M has a User available internal memory of only 2.05 GB, out of which 1.5 gb is available straight out from the box.. Doesnt matter for me as Ill be swapping anyway ;).. Im using 16 GB Sandisk Class 10
Music/Sound quality is EXCELLENT.. If I had another camera, id have made a direct comparision with a Galaxy S2.. Xperia M literally obliterates the GS2 in terms of sound quality.. The phone comes with xLoud and ClearPhase enhancement, which you can toggle to see the difference
Performance - The MSM8227 coupled with Adreno 305 and 1 GB of RAM packs a mean punch with bench mark scores.. :-
Nenamark 2 score - 64.5
Quadrant - 4.4k
ANTUTU - 9700
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11907d1377169756-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-nenamark2_2013-08-20_2141.jpg
ALL on STOCK ROM.... !!!! Imagine what figures you will get when you flash CM10.2 on this..
Real world Perfomance
-I have installed a large no. of apps and I have yet to find any lag.. Operations are smooth, Phone boots within 20-23 secs.. This is where Sony really beats Samsung.. Sony UI isnt as laggy as Touchwiz, yet has a variety of customisation options not present in stock android like the excellent lock screen, 8 THEMES that change almost all the aspects in the phone etc etc
Looks its a sony device, the looks WILL be fantastic.. The themes and customisation are great too.. There's a dual LED notification light at the bottom which will change according to what pic is displayed on screen or according to what theme is selected.. it looks really good indoors..
AppsThere's a bunch of crapware apps preinstalled, i got rid of them tho (atleast most of them) even without root.. but some of the apps like the Sony Walkman app is much better than Google music
For some screenies
Also to clear it up, This phone supports USB OTG.. I have yet to test it out though..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11908d1377169872-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-05-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11909d1377169875-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-16-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11910d1377169879-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-30-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11911d1377169887-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-36-49-1-.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/technology-news/11912d1377169895-sony-xperia-m-m-dual-announced-screenshot_2013-08-22-16-40-24-1-.jpg

Nice little review. That is what i expected from you:).
BTW Can Uninstall Bloatwares Without Rooting? I dont Want to root at least for first few weeks....

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Awesome phone at awesome pricing. Is it worth buying, considering i already own Pantech Burst?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Snaps coming soon
Nenamark 2 score - 64.5
Quadrant - 4.4k
ANTUTU - 9700
Real world Perfomance
For some screenies

How is the quality of in call speaker[earpiece]?
Can apps be transferred to memory card? Or is there any way without rooting the device?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Nice little review. That is what i expected from you:).
BTW Can Uninstall Bloatwares Without Rooting? I dont Want to root at least for first few weeks....

Yeah can remove most bloatwares without Rooting

How is the quality of in call speaker[earpiece]?
Can apps be transferred to memory card? Or is there any way without rooting the device?

Good quality...
nope cant transfer as of yet.. no root working till now, tried doomlord xperia root.. its not supported because it hasnt been ported

Also, I had one thing to ask ?
My friend has a galaxy note 2.. He claims that NFC should work, even if he has removed the back panel.. but when we tested it out, it didnt.. ?
Is there something wrong ? or does NFC not work without the back panel (He's using an after market back panel right now)

Awesome phone at awesome pricing. Is it worth buying, considering i already own Pantech Burst?

Not a big upgrade IMO.. Wait for L9-II to launch

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I did and battery is quite impressive.. 1 full day of moderate usage involving calls, some RTCW gameplay and music and all it took was 25%..
This will easily last a single day with HEAVY usage with some battery remaining

Top Bottom