Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^ its the Xperia G

i don't think so..

i think the Xperia G ( previously talked ) that was supposed to compete with moto G has been renamed to Xperia M2 ...

if We believe that this one( D5103) is indeed what the specs say it is then the only difference between Xperia M2 and D5103 is what Resolution ? one is 840 x 960 and one is 720P ... rest everything same even the Screen Size ? then sony would be competing with itself ?

xperia M and L though were also quite similar but still there was 5-6 months gap between those 2 and L had higher Cam, screen size , internal memory

but Xperia M2 and D5103 doesn't seem to have any difference except a probable Ips 720p display.. and i think 5 series is reserved for 25k range phones.. something is wrong.. that is why i think it is Xperia SP succesor with snapdragon 800.. also if you check 1st post then you can see that there was a device D5303 that scored 30,000 on antutu which is only possible by snapdragon 800.. so i think this is not Xperia G ( originally thought to be moto G competitior ).

either gsmarena is wrong or Sony is not thinking straight

matrixx

Journeyman
ok so i was away for a few days..

some thoughts

Xperia E1 - awesome performance....!!

I don't know whether the chip name is officially wrong or what..

antutu score - 13 k

quadrant - 5.5k s duos 2- 3.5k

gpu performance same as adreno 305

whereas s duos 2 scores around 9k and has a shitty gpu..

its 8500 now and I think a complete value for money think of it as lumia 520 on Android.. with music focused features

with kitkat this is the best vfm smartphone sub 10k.. and good price..
Hows speed performance of 512 mb RAM. Any lagging experience? Where it stands in Gaming scale ?

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
ok so i was away for a few days..

some thoughts

Xperia E1 - awesome performance....!!

I don't know whether the chip name is officially wrong or what..

antutu score - 13 k

quadrant - 5.5k s duos 2- 3.5k

gpu performance same as adreno 305

whereas s duos 2 scores around 9k and has a shitty gpu..

its 8500 now and I think a complete value for money think of it as lumia 520 on Android.. with music focused features

with kitkat this is the best vfm smartphone sub 10k.. and good price..

- - - Updated - - -

congrats..!!
don't worry price won't go high simply because the CPU/ram are entry level/midrange parts .. they have used the extra money nicely by providing great screen , build and camera

the cheapest online price is now 23000
the price is excellent now.. total vfm at 23k

- - - Updated - - -

my estimate for xperia Z2 is 46999

let's see if I am right again or not

oh great
BTW how does Xperia E1 is against micromax and indian phones in 10k segment ?

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
512 mb ram is very less if android version is jellybean..

for kitkat it will work great.. sony has issued official announcement that it will get kitkat but when nobody knows .. till then there will be some hicups/force closes while gaming heavily..

the reviews mentions otherwise it has a smooth UI...

sony has dropped the price to 7k from my last reply which is great and reasonable since it has 512 mb ram ...

this phone needs root + kitkat badly ..

against indian brands karbon s1 plus at 5.6k is much more vfm.. and other phones even though this has better performance but you get extra goodies in indian brands such as cam,flash,ram

matrixx

Journeyman
rish, as you know i'm rigorously searching VFM phone ~10k from international brand only.
XP-L & M first in mind but 512 mb RAM in M & old android restrain me a lot. Why Sony ruin their premium line-M & L by not introducing/supporting Android kit kat?

Second thoughts comes in mind for M2 - latest Android but way out of budget.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
rish, as you know i'm rigorously searching VFM phone ~10k from international brand only.
XP-L & M first in mind but 512 mb RAM in M & old android restrain me a lot. Why Sony ruin their premium line-M & L by not introducing/supporting Android kit kat?

M has 1 GB RAM and has gotten Android 4.3 and will also get 4.4 in the near future.

matrixx

Journeyman
M has 1 GB RAM and has gotten Android 4.3 and will also get 4.4 in the near future.
U meant, L will not get andi upgrades!:shock:

M & L have system chip MSM 8227 & MSM 8230 respectively with same krait processor. Does this makes L powerful over M? Or L simplay has 8mp & 4.3" screen size with same features of M?

Other than Moto E & LG 65, is other upcoming phone should we wait to compare with M & L.?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
U meant, L will not get andi upgrades!:shock:

M & L have system chip MSM 8227 & MSM 8230 respectively with same krait processor. Does this makes L powerful over M? Or L simplay has 8mp & 4.3" screen size with same features of M?

Other than Moto E & LG 65, is other upcoming phone should we wait to compare with M & L.?

L has same features but with a bigger screen and 8mp camera
And even L will get KitKat along with M

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Xperia M has 1 gb ram..
Xperia L has 4.3 inch , 8 mp camera and 8 gb internal memory and a curvy Arc Design

Xperia M came with android 4.2 and has been upgraded to Android 4.3 ..
Xperial L will be updated to Android 4.3 as well but that also came with Android 4.2

phones under Rs 15000 are not expected to be updated at all going by past trends.. Sony was generous enough to update Xperia M to android 4.3 . i don't see it getting updated to Android 4.4

only Moto was able to update ..

Xperia L hasn't received any rumors of Android 4.3 yet so i am guessing Sony is directly going to jump ship to Android 4.4 for Xperia L

If you are going for under 10,000 Rs i would suggest Moto E hands down there is no competition a new thread has been created and it is launching on may 13 for Rs 8999.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/183510-moto-e-discussion-thread.html

Earlier in this thread i termed Xperia E1 as the best phone for the price but now after the launch of moto E .. I would suggest anyone shopping in this range to extend his budget and buy Motorola Moto E.

Last edited:

Aakarshan

In the zone
I have to buy a new phone in 18K .i am inclined towards Sony xperia SP.but i want to know that is it a right decision for the budget of 18K for right now.Should i wait for some time for the other devices to come.As M2 is released.Which devices are going to released till next year?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have to buy a new phone in 18K .i am inclined towards Sony xperia SP.but i want to know that is it a right decision for the budget of 18K for right now.Should i wait for some time for the other devices to come.As M2 is released.Which devices are going to released till next year?

M2 is crap compared to sp.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia Z2 launching tomorrow.

MRP 51990

MOP/Online/Street Price 49990

Smartband and cover Free

*www.gizbot.com/mobile/exclusive-sony-xperia-z2-could-be-bundled-with-smartband-in-india-017054.html

.DMG

Broken In
I was sooo in the market for a T2 Ultra. But it will never get a forum on XDA by the looks of it and thats what is holding me back. I need my root.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Xperia Z2 launching tomorrow.

MRP 51990

MOP/Online/Street Price 49990

Smartband and cover Free

*www.gizbot.com/mobile/exclusive-sony-xperia-z2-could-be-bundled-with-smartband-in-india-017054.html

launched smart move they reduced the mrp to 49990

Top Bottom