Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
is this a strategy to phase out less selling models. e1 im assuming would have sold more due to cheaper price

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^^its a stratergy to sell more newer devices.. what will sony get if it updates Xperia L to android 4.4 ? nothing but by updating all the newly launched models they will be able to sell it more..

$hadow

Geek in making
And along that there is a 18 months update cycle for the phones. And I think it is 18 months old.

KayKashyap

Journeyman
4.4 update rolled out for z, zr, zl..

M2, t2 ultra & e1 will receive android kitkat 4.4 in july..

& according to various links, it looks like 4.3 jb will be the end of the road for xperia l.. :/ there's no news of 4.4 for xl :sad::hissyfit:..if this is true, i hope they roll out a bug-free 4.3:-x:-x

source : *www.xperiablog.net/

i know that feel bro!

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
A previously unknown Sony Xperia handset has graced GFXBench's benchmarking suite, leaving a trail of hardware specs. Code-named D2403, the device's moniker reminds a lot of that of the Xperia M2 (D2303/D2305/D2306), and that's not even half of it.

Before getting into the rest of the similarities, the still mysterious D2403 differs in one very obvious way: it's got a 4.4-inch 540 x 960 pixel (qHD) display, in contrast to the 5-inch M2. That said, the D2403 appears to be powered a very similar hardware configuration, including a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon chip with an Adreno 305 GPU (likely the Snapdragon 400 MSM8926), 1GB of RAM, and an 8-megapixel rear shooter (0.3MP at the front). The only other clue we have is that the device that was tested seemingly sported 16GB of on-board storage, which is rather healthy in this class.

On the software side, the Xperia phone in question ran on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat, which, if the D2403 ever becomes an actual device, is likely to make an appearance with Sony's skin on top.

Of course, such a configuration would make the Sony Xperia D2403 a worthy competitor to the seemingly unbeatable Motorola Moto G, though that may not be what Sony is going after -- especially if it adopts Xperia M2-like pricing. With that in mind, it wouldn't be overly surprising to see the D2403 materialize into an M2 mini of sorts. Time will tell.

Don't know what is sony thinking.. they are going downhill in mid range ... this chip should be regarded as outdated by now for new launches..

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Is there a reliable site like displaymate who has already covered the display of Z2?

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3pY-eG2Bs0

search more youtube comparison videos

i don't think anybody does a detailed review of display with all the bechmarking..

gsmarena is fairly good with some of the theoretical benchmarks

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z2-review-1078p3.php

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Is there a reliable site like displaymate who has already covered the display of Z2?

What are your apprehensions regarding the display ? I'm surprised you even asked this as there is no major issue with the Z2 screen except for slightly lower sunlight legibility compared to some other high end devices.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What are your apprehensions regarding the display ? I'm surprised you even asked this as there is no major issue with the Z2 screen except for slightly lower sunlight legibility compared to some other high end devices.

No apprehensions, I'm just curious to know why Sony over saturated the display! Maybe to match the S5 display and it's colours, not maybe that's the reason I guess. I just wanted to read more about it and I only follow Displaymate but they haven't covered the Z2 yet!

randomuser111

Technomancer
Displaymate is actually crap, especially after their horrible review on the S5 claiming it to be the best smartphone screen ever.

Anyway look at these videos

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5DlQIhLTM

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6zp42qGnI

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Displaymate is actually crap, especially after their horrible review on the S5 claiming it to be the best smartphone screen ever.

Anyway look at these videos
Umm, don't know! I've found them to be pretty spot on on previous occasions! S5's display could be the best, I don't see a problem with that. They clearly mentioned that movie mode provided the excellent pre-calibrated results, and that's what I use on AMOLED displays anyway.

Anyway, will look at the above videos at night, thanks.

randomuser111

Technomancer
They are completely wrong on the S5 display. Check S5 Anandtech review or check out the video on S5 by Erica Griffin or even DigitalVersus. All these sites have found similar measurements for the S5 and the results are far from the best. :) It's a decent display and has better color accuracy compared to S4 and previous Galaxies but still nowhere near phones like Iphone 5S/C, Nexus 5, Lumia 1520, HTC One M8 etc

Which is why it's never wise to trust one site above others. Look at DXOMark, they claim Z2 has the best smartphone camera, even ahead of Lumia 1020 and 808 Pureview. We all know how true that is ;)

randomuser111

Technomancer
So what now? You are a Apple Fanboy ( Hope you are not ) :p ?

Not an Apple "fanboy" but just like it. :) At least not yet and don't think I would be but as of now only Apple products seem desirable to me after Sony broke my heart :p

Haha what I mean is, the Sony I loved is dead now. They stopped making VAIO, are about to sell their TV division and home entertainment product divisions. And even the Xperia business is at risk. I loved the Sony that made the best screens in the business, the best Televisions in the business and the most unique and stylish products out there.

Sony in 2014 ? - Not a single unique product, BRAVIA flagship is worse than LG sets, no new home entertainment products, overall just hanging in there until its forced to sell the electronics business completely.

matrixx

Journeyman
Not an Apple "fanboy" but just like it. :) At least not yet and don't think I would be but as of now only Apple products seem desirable to me after Sony broke my heart :p

Haha what I mean is, the Sony I loved is dead now. They stopped making VAIO, are about to sell their TV division and home entertainment product divisions. And even the Xperia business is at risk. I loved the Sony that made the best screens in the business, the best Televisions in the business and the most unique and stylish products out there.
I pray Sony Director read this:wink: .. I too Sony lover since my oldy W810i...
Sony is not a company dying like this..IMPO. They surely raise up...

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz

Sony in 2014 ? - Not a single unique product, BRAVIA flagship is worse than LG sets, no new home entertainment products, overall just hanging in there until its forced to sell the electronics business completely.

Woah.. Nevermind.. But dont ever be a Samsung fan And apple fan :p Be a Google fan :D

Top Bottom