Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

imo, T2 Ultra @ 26k is just slightly overpriced..a 2k-3k discount/reduction would be perfect.

I don't think Sony will do that. T2 has a better camera than Lumia 1320. Sony uses premiumed material, than the CHEAP plastic used by Galaxy Mega 5.8. It is ahead of both its competitors

ashs1

Padawan
Agreed. The T2 probably has a much better Camera than Lumia 1320, Much better Build Quality than 1320/Mega 5.8. & probably a better display too..but don't you feel that the CPU/GPU combo ( Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400/Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7/Adreno 305 ) for 26k is bit Overpriced ?

Lumia 1320 and Galaxy Mega uses Dual core processors. A mediocre quad core and that GPU are sufficient for 720P resolution. Yes for 1080P its less.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I am pleased now

*www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...=VxCOYcuG75aRaZhDLSfwhg&bvm=bv.62922401,d.bmk

*www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...=I0R9-fj3TEoN8U-Fi4J-AA&bvm=bv.62922401,d.bmk

I hope the overall quality specially the camera is good. Given that you can't take anything granted for something at such an affordable price. What do you guys think about the quality? I consider Lumia 1320 to be a low quality device.

camera is top notch don't worry . leaked pics were awesome...
screen is better than desire 816 both were compared in a recent leak side by side...

yes ofcourse it is way much better than 1320..

- - - Updated - - -

imo, T2 Ultra @ 26k is just slightly overpriced..a 2k-3k discount/reduction would be perfect.

nah 26k is for dual sim version.. so market price would be 24k for single sim easily if they launch single sim..

25k locally for a dual sim 6 inh phone is actually not bad .. online prices would be 24k for dual sim .. its actually good

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. The T2 probably has a much better Camera than Lumia 1320, Much better Build Quality than 1320/Mega 5.8. & probably a better display too..but don't you feel that the CPU/GPU combo ( Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400/Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7/Adreno 305 ) for 26k is bit Overpriced ?

this is what i wrote in the last page

"i think what happened with t2 ultra is bad assembling with specs... the cpu and ram are complete entry level to mid rangers .. but they have paired it with a very good high end camera.. ( basing it on the pics leaked ) so in short its a mid range phone with an expensive camera.. lumia 1320 .. think of it as lumia 1320 + high end camera

so that extra premium is for the camera. this is a stupid decision since they can't price it in the territory of lumia 1320 because of expensive cost in manufacturing.. and pricing it for 30k for 1gb ram and Cortex A7 cpu is just plain dumb and laughable.. so they are stuck now.. this phone is going to see a crazy price drop soon in 1 month i expect it to come down 25k in 1 month just like what happened with desire 700.."

- - - Updated - - -

"i am so frustrated with qualcomm this year the problem is they don't have any good chip for 1st half of 2014 for midrangers..

OEM can't use old chips with adreno 320 like xperia SP,nexus 4 ( as they have been discontinued) the new chips are cortex a7 with the same old adreno 305 gpu.. so right now they only have adreno 305, and adreno 330, adreno 420( high end only)

adreno 405 will arrive by october/november.. till then only gpu is adreno 305 for low end , mid ranger and semi high end...
so there is no difference in gaming performance between a 7000 rs lumia 520 and 30,000 rs t2 ultra/ htc desire 816 and all the phones from 10,000 to 25000 will sport adreno 305 .. so in contrast last year phones will be so much better than this years phones like xperia sp, moto x, zr etc... and they will be cheaper"

So if we leave high end gaming aside, is this a perfect device for ladies, for whome a good camera (not as good as Z1), big screen and a premiumed quality material is on top priority?

ashs1

Padawan
yup..I am guessing Gaming will be Just about Decent in T2Ultra..Its perfect for those people who give more importance to Camera, Display & looks.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
So if we leave high end gaming aside, is this a perfect device for ladies, for whome a good camera (not as good as Z1), big screen and a premiumed quality material is on top priority?

yup it's perfect for them.. just wait for 1week for a review.. hope this would be free from defects and reviews will be great

What is the reason, most of the people discourage for Sony over Samsung, in Android section, When Sony uses premiumed material over cheap plastic used by Samsung? Does Sony have poor support in india?

ashs1

Padawan
I am guessing at these 2 reasons :

1. The UI of samsung .
2. Display is Samsung devices are usually much more Vibrant than sony..( first Impressions last long )

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
What is the reason, most of the people discourage for Sony over Samsung, in Android section, When Sony uses premiumed material over cheap plastic used by Samsung? Does Sony have poor support in india?

Last year more people have moved to Sony,Now many Indian realise Sony> Samsung

Too bad!! Last night when I went to this Sony showroom in Vasant Lok, they said that they haven't received the supply yet, and I might have to wait till Monday. According to the news the devices should be available to each and every Sony showroom in Delhi by 20th.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Guys, Xperia Z1 compact is available on ebay for 30.6k, see here
Has anyone purchased from this seller before? If yes, how is the experience?

Finally I got Xperia T2 Ultra on 27th. I would have got one day before. But only white was available. He specially arranged one black. Because black looks better for my wife.

Seriously!!! from each and every angle its better than my dad's Lumia 1320. Galaxy Mega is not even close to this amazing device.

In fact my wife was bit concerned, why such a good device is only for 25K. But looks like Sony will increase the price of this device once it is successful in india.

sujoyp

Grand Master
congrats...can you post some pics ...specially one in your hand ...its 6 inch...quiet big it seems

Top Bottom