Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
This should raise some eyebrows.... :D for those who are familiar with gsmarena reviews.... these are without any battery savers

*cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/sony-xperia-t2-ultra/gsmarena_104.jpg

and the great camera ... some saying even better than Xperia Z1 camera.. in auto mode

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_t2_ultra-review-1075p8.php

full review

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_t2_ultra-review-1075.php

Last edited:

matrixx

Journeyman
rish,

Does T2 screen sounds too much big like other droid. I heard sony screen not that too big! Sony fits in my bill as looks great for female hand. An imported Old T is selling on TE but their 4.1 version stops me.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
rish,

Does T2 screen sounds too much big like other droid. I heard sony screen not that too big! Sony fits in my bill as looks great for female hand. An imported Old T is selling on TE but their 4.1 version stops me.

if you are buying imported phone .. then nexus 4 and xperia SP were both available for 15k till yesterday.. no warranty on nexus 4

Sony phones are usually big compared to screen size as they have quite large bezzels.. exception - xperia zl

Xperia T looks like a good phone and gsmarena says it is upgradable to android 4.3

but i am concerned about the battery backup.. 1650 mah for 4.5 inch seems very less.. rest the phone looks good

matrixx

Journeyman
zl is 5 incher. L on mind but overpriced. LG ASS question in small town residing in. Moto E out of race since no front cam. Moto G not impressed after playing friend phone twicely.

Nexus 4 & SP : pick nexus 4 any day. No warrantee offers .. hmm.. i'm too much suspicious guy..

Lenovo seems business phone. Wish to give her good look phone like L..

HTC: too much impressed as "gal" phone design, but cant find any suggesions !! desire 501? or desire 301 (with 1 GB RAM)? or what?

can't finalize since a month... damn...:banghead:

Edit: Nexus -4 ext.storage provide or not? Hows battery back up & camera ?

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Here is the update schedule..

*telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Sony-Xperia-KitKat-Schedule.jpg?2cf585

Don_1

Broken In
just checked out z2 at croma, excellent phone but bigger than m8 and s5..............which might right now be the only issue against it.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
How's the vibration strength? And earpiece call quality? I mean by default, without modifying anything.

The phone is not with me and I haven't used it to the extent of answering you (and letting your precious money go... )

If you can wait for couple of days, I'll check the phone manually or will ask the current owner today if you're in hurry.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The phone is not with me and I haven't used it to the extent of answering you (and letting your precious money go... )

If you can wait for couple of days, I'll check the phone manually or will ask the current owner today if you're in hurry.
I have more than two days. So I will wait for your input :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have more than two days. So I will wait for your input :)

I asked the owner today.

She said that the vibration is not that strong as compared to Y duos (her previous phone). So if the phone lies on the bed in vibration mode, you might miss the call.

Regarding earpiece volume, it's absolutely fine (I have tested that too) but low in headsets which is well known. So she bought another headset to overcome that problem as she isn't such techno friendly to try any mod.

Final verdict, as I'd say, go and check out the phone personally. Investing 30k+ in something after believing on a public feedback which might not solve the problem for you and that too when the problem was stupendously weird enough to force you sell a 40k phone. I hope I'm clear. :)

PS: Typical problems have always got typical (personal) solutions.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks a lot Sujay. Well I think I'll give up on vibration. I was walking today I couldn't felt the M7 vibrating in my pocket! So if I don't feel that, I won't feel another phone. Gotta buy one of those crazy smartband!

Good to know earpiece volume was okay. Music volume will be low, I knew that. It's good actually. Most Indians use to listen at more than 80% volume, God knows how, and why!

If I get time I'll go to store and check it personally. But thanks once again.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Thanks a lot Sujay. Well I think I'll give up on vibration. I was walking today I couldn't felt the M7 vibrating in my pocket! So if I don't feel that, I won't feel another phone. Gotta buy one of those crazy smartband!

Good to know earpiece volume was okay. Music volume will be low, I knew that. It's good actually. Most Indians use to listen at more than 80% volume, God knows how, and why!

its not about 80 % volume.. its actually about the background noise.. our ears are very very good at adapting..

if you are in a Quite room with Ac , sony volume levels will be fine.. and 60-70 % volume levels are more than enough but if you are in a crowded place such as buses,metros,traffic then you won't be able to hear a thing.. its best to have the full range and adjust it according to the needs.. forget Outer ear earphones completely

A good in ear Noise cancellation ear phone are a must with sony phone..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
its not about 80 % volume.. its actually about the background noise.. our ears are very very good at adapting..

if you are in a Quite room with Ac , sony volume levels will be fine.. and 60-70 % volume levels are more than enough but if you are in a crowded place such as buses,metros,traffic then you won't be able to hear a thing.. its best to have the full range and adjust it according to the needs.. forget Outer ear earphones completely

A good in ear Noise cancellation ear phone are a must with sony phone..
Hmm, didn't ever think about those crap non in ear headphones. That should be the reason. Never really used them. The last and only time I used it was with iPod Touch, undoubtedly the crappiest audio combo I have ever used.

Still, I mean people like to listen at loud volumes. When I stayed in hostel, all my friends used to listen to my W990 at night, and I always kept it at half volume or less, and each time they complaint and turned the volume up at 8-9 dots out of 10. And that IEM with W990 was pretty decent one for noise cancelling, and it was obviously inside, so only sound was of fan / AC.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have adapted myself to as low volumes as possible. I can hear the sounds clearly through earpiece at lowest volume when others feel the maximum is just OK. :/

See many people listening via headphones when the person beside them hears more than them.

- - - Updated - - -

The phone is as snappy as one can be with a very good cam. It was my first choice to buy for myself (which is probably ending abruptly). Hell of a phone.

But buy only white or black, if you do. Prefer the white though.

ashs1

Padawan
4.4 update rolled out for Z, ZR, ZL..

M2, T2 Ultra & E1 will receive Android kitkat 4.4 in July..

& according to various links, it looks like 4.3 JB will be the end of the road for Xperia L.. :/ There's no news of 4.4 for XL :sad::hissyfit:..If this is true, i hope they roll out a bug-free 4.3:-x:-x

Source : *www.xperiablog.net/

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
4.4 update rolled out for Z, ZR, ZL..

M2, T2 Ultra & E1 will receive Android kitkat 4.4 in July..

& according to various links, it looks like 4.3 JB will be the end of the road for Xperia L.. :/ There's no news of 4.4 for XL :sad::hissyfit:..If this is true, i hope they roll out a bug-free 4.3:-x:-x

Source : *www.xperiablog.net/

Kitkat for low end E1 but not for mid ranger Xperia L?
:facepalm: go home sony, you're drunk

Top Bottom