Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Xperia E1

It packs good enough power for the price segment .. 1.2 dual cortex a7 with adreno 302 will be decent for the resolution.. ram - 512 mb again this might be a downer .. they should have given 768 mb of ram minimum..

galaxy s duos 2 is already 10k .. lumia 525 will sweep both of them again with 1 gb ram and better hardware.. they shouldn't price it more than 8k if they want some sales..

and the camera too. could have provided a 5mp sensor.

randomuser111

Technomancer
@rish

T2 Ultra uses IPS panel. Sony does not advertise panel type on its devices hence why it's not mentioned. Almost the entire 2014 Xperia lineup will use IPS Triluminos panels, except the very low end.

And yep screen is almost as good as the Z Ultra and the camera is better than Z/ZL .

You're confused again :p

T2 Ultra = Tianchi and there was no leaked benchmark of this device. 30k Antutu score is of D5303 which is SP successor.

And no sub 12k C successor, T2 Ultra is C successor. I had heard that it was gonna have S200 but that was about the E1 so guess my source got it mixed up :p

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
@rish

T2 Ultra uses IPS panel. Sony does not advertise panel type on its devices hence why it's not mentioned.

You're confused again :p

T2 Ultra = Tianchi and there was no leaked benchmark of this device. 30k Antutu score is of D5303 which is SP successor.

And no sub 12k C successor, T2 Ultra is C successor. I had heard that it was gonna have S200 but that was about the E1 so guess my source got it mixed up :p

I think this time you are getting confused

D5303 is Xperia T2 Ultra only... check White paper released by Sony..

And this is Xperia Sp successor only .. T comes after S .. but they already had Xperia T before so Xperia T2 they added ultra because it's 6 inch .. So Xperia SP Succesor = tianchi = D5303 = Xperia T2 ultra

I am not talking about advertising i am talking about white paper

*dl-developer.sonymobile.com/documentation/whitepapers/Xperia_T2_Ultra_D5303(D5306)_WP_1.pdf

They have mentioned IPS only under " Xperia T2 ultra highlights " in white paper..

Ips mentioned only 1 time in whole paper

but they have not mentioned it in detailed specs and neither in Tablular Features.. while they have mentioned triluminous and bravia engine 3-4 times in the white paper.. So either way it's still not clear right now it might have or might not have 50 - 50 chances

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
No that was a goof up by Sony. D5303 leaked benchmark was of SP successor not T2 Ultra.

And screen IS IPS. You shouldn't have any doubts on that :)

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
No that was a goof up by Sony. D5303 leaked benchmark was of SP successor not T2 Ultra.

And screen IS IPS. You shouldn't have any doubts on that :)

if SP successor really exists and has that score.. what chip is it using then mediatek or a totally new chip from snapdragon with quad krait and adreno 400 snapdragon 600 or tegra 4i ? I am hoping Qualcomm as it hasn't launched any new mid range chip till now yet

everyone ignore my previous comment regarding Sony not releasing LTE version in india... both versions have 4g LTE.. it will work with 4g operators like airtel in india because it has TD- LTE

randomuser111

Technomancer
if SP successor really exists and has that score.. what chip is it using then mediatek or a totally new chip from snapdragon with quad krait and adreno 400 snapdragon 600 or tegra 4i ? I am hoping Qualcomm as it hasn't launched any new mid range chip till now yet

everyone ignore my previous comment regarding Sony not releasing LTE version in india... both versions have 4g LTE.. it will work with 4g operators like airtel in india because it has TD- LTE

I think I cleared that already when replying to ZTR. SP successor uses Snapdragon 800.

As for 4G, only the Chinese variant XM50t supports Airtel/Reliance LTE compatible bands. Most likely we won't be getting it.

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I think I cleared that already when replying to ZTR. SP successor uses Snapdragon 800.

As for 4G, only the Chinese variant XM50t supports Airtel/Reliance LTE compatible bands. Most likely we won't be getting it.

impossible snapdragon 800 in 22-24k ..
that would mean nexus 5,LG g2, xperias will be history

xperia zr/zl successor could sport snapdragon 800 at 27-29k but not sp succesor at 22-23k ..

I think you should confirm this with your source once again..

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
impossible snapdragon 800 in 22-24k ..
that would mean nexus 5,LG g2, xperias will be history

xperia zr/zl successor could sport snapdragon 800 at 27-29k but not sp succesor at 22-23k ..

I think you should confirm this with your source once again..

You seem to be forgetting that s800 isn't the latest and greatest now with Tegra K1 and S805 not to mention the 64 Bit chips

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
You seem to be forgetting that s800 isn't the latest and greatest now with Tegra K1 and S805 not to mention the 64 Bit chips

tegra k1 not before aug - september in smartphones.. the Quad K1 chip is very power hungry and suitable for tablets only...

dual K1 chip will be suitable for mobiles

And that is if nvidia can stick to it's schedule .. check their history of sticking to schedule...

and which 64 bit chip ? only exynos will be the first 64 bit chip in samsungs in galaxy s5.. 64 bit chips from qualcomm will come only in 2nd half of 2014..

snapdragon 805 will debut at MWC sure.. but snapdragon 800 will become only second fastest... hence a 27-28k price tag for snapdragon 800 will be more suitable .. snapdragon 805 will be in 45k + phones.. 800 will be in 27-28k phones

i also would love to have snapdragon 800 for 22-23k but i don't see it happening this soon well that's my opinion..

It is possible that we both might be right qualcomm may introduce a cheaper snapdragon 800 version a 2.3 ghz dual core krait with adreno 330 or a 1.5 ghz quad core krait with adreno 330/400:D lol.. imagination..

but i don't expect to see a quad 2.3 ghz adreno 330 version in Xperia SP

But i would love to be proven Wrong though.. i am hoping qualcomm is hiding at least 2-3 chips .. with adreno 400 or adreno 405 maybe ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
@rish

You seem to forget SP launched at 27k last year and not 23k. Do not expect Xperia L, SP replacements at their CURRENT prices but the prices they launched at last year. So SP successor at 27k and L successor at 19k (MRP).

And S800 is 100% confirmed.

Also as zangetsu pointed, SP launched with the same GPU and almost the same performance as Sony 2013 flagship Xperia Z. The SP successor will have the same CPU/GPU as Sony 2013 2H flagship (Z1) and not 2014 flagship. So instead of "too good to be true" it's actually a lil worse this year.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
@rish

You seem to forget SP launched at 27k last year and not 23k. Do not expect Xperia L, SP replacements at their CURRENT prices but the prices they launched at last year. So SP successor at 27k and L successor at 19k (MRP).

And S800 is 100% confirmed.

Also as zangetsu pointed, SP launched with the same GPU and almost the same performance as Sony 2013 flagship Xperia Z. The SP successor will have the same CPU/GPU as Sony 2013 2H flagship (Z1) and not 2014 flagship. So instead of "too good to be true" it's actually a lil worse this year.

ofcourse I won't be expecting it at current prices...

ohh ok so this mrp thing was creating confusion... I never knew mrp of sp was 27k..

the preorder price itself was 25k.. and in 10-15 days nexus 4 was launched and price was dropped to 23k something from then it was constant for a long Time... xperiA L WAS launched for 19 k and sold at that price for at least 2 months then dropped at 17k and constant...

well if your source says that it has the same 2.3ghz quad adreno 330 then who am I to doubt..? :p

if it has s800 this time they likely won't drop the price so soon .. they will sell it at 27k for a longer period of time...
btw just 1 thing xperia z and sp didn't had the same hardware.. sp was a dual core.. z was a quad.. though gpu was same ... but still difference of 2 extra cores is huge

on a second note It would have been cool if xperia l refresh had used the same chip as xperia sp with 1.7 GHz dual krait with adreno 320..

I know upgrade will be in screen tech but still .. Nokia has taken away all the shine away from adreno 305 by pricing it at 7k for Nokia lumia 520... xperia l lost its sales to xperia m .. xperia m will be selling for 9k when l refresh gets announced... so no real difference in performance between 19k phone and 9k phone from same company doesn't justify sure it will have a slightly overclocked CPU.. but still no real difference in performance....

its all qualcomm fault either they don't actually have any new decent chip this time for mid rangers.. or they haven't announced it yet..

Tegra 4i for xperia L would have been awesome..

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
I didn't mean they had the same hardware, I said almost same performance. In benchmarks SP performs as good as Z be it Quadrant or Antutu or any other benchmark. Very little difference in spite of 2 less cores.

The SP chipset won't be used as it is not sold anymore by Qualcomm.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I didn't mean they had the same hardware, I said almost same performance. In benchmarks SP performs as good as Z be it Quadrant or Antutu or any other benchmark. Very little difference in spite of 2 less cores.

The SP chipset won't be used as it is not sold anymore by Qualcomm.

hmm.. quaDrant and antutu both are crap benchmarks if you only want to compare CPU.. they factor in all components CPU,gpu,ram ,stotage..etc so there are many variables that can affect scores..
to test CPU performance I always trust linpack both single and multithreaded performance

see the difference xperia z vs xperia sp is huge in CPU..
these are fonearenas benchmarks

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Sony-Xperia-SP-Linpack-Single-Thread.jpg

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Sony-Xperia-SP-Linpack-Multi-Thread.jpg

even in gsmarena linpack benchmark the difference is twice in linpack multithreaded..

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
here comes
Sony Xperia L/C Successor To challenge MOTO G...

D5103

720P screen
1.4 GHZ quad core cortex a7
adreno 305
Android 4.4

Sony D5103 spotted with 720p Display - Xperia Guide | Xperia Guide

Last edited:

jhingalala

Broken In
here comes
Sony Xperia L/C Successor To challenge MOTO G...

D5103

720P screen
1.4 GHZ quad core cortex a7
adreno 305
Android 4.4

Sony D5103 spotted with 720p Display - Xperia Guide | Xperia Guide

Sony Xperia G mid-ranger coming soon, here is the first live pic - GSMArena.com news

Is these are same?they have even named it G

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Sony Xperia G mid-ranger coming soon, here is the first live pic - GSMArena.com news

Is these are same?they have even named it G

yes they are the same as there is only 1 midranger coming up from sony.. Apart from xperia G there is Xperia SP successor which i think will have a 4.7-5 inch screen this looks small

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm.. quaDrant and antutu both are crap benchmarks if you only want to compare CPU.. they factor in all components CPU,gpu,ram ,stotage..etc so there are many variables that can affect scores..
to test CPU performance I always trust linpack both single and multithreaded performance

see the difference xperia z vs xperia sp is huge in CPU..
these are fonearenas benchmarks

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Sony-Xperia-SP-Linpack-Single-Thread.jpg

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Sony-Xperia-SP-Linpack-Multi-Thread.jpg
even in gsmarena linpack benchmark the difference is twice in linpack multithreaded..
Linpack also seems to be a joke of a benchmark if those graphs are to be believed.

Xperia SP has a dual-core Krait. Xperia Z has a quad-core Krait. SP actually having 200 Mhz higher clock speed.

Single threaded performance should be nearly same.

Multi-threaded? Obviously not.

Basically what these manufacturers do is, make modifications in Kernels of specific flagship phone models to boost performance, rather 'artificially inflate scores' in such stupid benchmarks. They'd obviously want their flagship to sell more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom