Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Woah calm down guys :p

Don't have such high expectations from the L refresh, chipset wise it's only a slight step up over the original. Main improvements ar elsewhere. :)

I was talking about msn8930aa 1.4 dual core krait 300 with adreno 305.. gosh how many variants do they have for snapdragon 400.. hard to remember..
I guess it could be a possibility also.. not much difference from previous chipset..
but yeah screen is their only weak spot which needs to be fixed first.. anyways you expecting IPs ? :)

randomuser111

Technomancer
I was talking about msn8930aa 1.4 dual core krait 300 with adreno 305.. gosh how many variants do they have for snapdragon 400.. hard to remember..
I guess it could be a possibility also.. not much difference from previous chipset..
but yeah screen is their only weak spot which needs to be fixed first.. anyways you expecting IPs ? :)

I don't expect anything :p Just sharing info from inside Sony :p

@Luffy

As of now prototypes running 4.3, so can't say for sure. As for XL successor being worth it, that only you can decide when it's launched. But all I can say is there won't be anything that would warrant waiting till March for it instead of getting Moto G.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I don't expect anything :p Just sharing info from inside Sony :p

@Luffy

As of now prototypes running 4.3, so can't say for sure. As for XL successor being worth it, that only you can decide when it's launched. But all I can say is there won't be anything that would warrant waiting till March for it instead of getting Moto G.
you work or have contacts there ? awesome man..
reveal us the specs then so that I can stop predicting lol.. :p
btw Any ps3 price cut comming ?
I hope you didn't sign confidentiality agreement.. :p

@luffy every mobile released in 2014 will have kitkat don't worry.. but they most likely will ship it with android 4.3 .. 4.4 at later date.. ( xperia e1 may or may not be an exception )

randomuser111

Technomancer
Something like that :)

I don't have info on Playstation sorry.

Revealing full specs is not safe anymore, I had done it last year but things are not the same this year (Strict No Leak Policy ).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
its just that Moto G got 4.4 in december, when it was originally scheduled to get in January. I'm hoping that Xperia 2014 lineup has 4.4 by default. Sony is improving on the hardware side.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
no problem man thanks for the info you provide

its just that Moto G got 4.4 in december, when it was originally scheduled to get in January. I'm hoping that Xperia 2014 lineup has 4.4 by default. Sony is improving on the hardware side.

Motorola is a google company bro.. they not only released it for moto g but 4-5 of their older models also.. they dont have shortage of software engineers and have all the google android experts, they must be getting android source code before other OEMs .. secondly their UI is mostly stock UI so it takes less time.. comparing Motorola to any other company be it Sammy Sony or any other is not right..

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^^ tegra k1 with 4k resolution :p lol..

on a serious note sp could feature a tegra4i with quad core cortex a9 at 2.3 ghz with 4g lte..

I hope xperia sp and xperia tanichi ( 6 inch octa core mediatek) are different phones..

btw guys looks like ps vita will be their last handheld console.. so they might bring back the xperia play type of phone in next 2 year's or so...

@randomuser in the begining of last year leaks pointed out that Sony was bringing back cybershot and walkman phones..
ofcourse the cybershot phone was launched as xperia Z1 but what happened to walkman phone ? do you know anything about it.. ? is it still alive

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
ZTR is very, very close ;)

BUT. The device isn't a direct replacement of the SP but more like one device to replace both SP and ZR.

So pricing would be higher than SP last year.

@rish

Those were false rumors. :) There is no walkman phone coming. Nor will Cybershot branding be used.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^^ IPS With triluminous display bro ...

thanks random... I was hoping they would launch xperia e1 at Ces like last year.. well we will have to wait till MWC now..

randomuser111

Technomancer
TFT is not a screen type. All LCD panels use TFT be it IPS or TN or VA.

Z1 uses a TFT VA Triluminos LCD panel, Z1 compact/Z Ultra uses a TFT IPS Triluminos LCD panel :)

Triluminos being merely a RGB filter between the LED backlight and the LCD panel, and not a special type of panel.

Anyway, some news about the Xperia C successor.

As of now the chipset is going to be MSM8x12 Snapdragon 200 Quad Core A7 1.2ghz with Adreno 302 GPU.

6.0" 1280x720 display.
1 GB RAM

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
TFT is not a screen type. All LCD panels use TFT be it IPS or TN or VA.

Z1 uses a TFT VA Triluminos LCD panel, Z1 compact/Z Ultra uses a TFT IPS Triluminos LCD panel :)

Triluminos being merely a RGB filter between the LED backlight and the LCD panel, and not a special type of panel.

Anyway, some news about the Xperia C successor.

As of now the chipset is going to be MSM8x12 Snapdragon 200 Quad Core A7 1.2ghz with Adreno 302 GPU.

6.0" 1280x720 display.
1 GB RAM

what... ?
6 inch xperia tanichi was.supposed.to.have mediatek 8 core octa CPU..
adreno 305 is equal to adreno 225 so I am guessing adeno 302 will perform like adreno 220 .. that would be a disaster for a 720 p screen.. most high graphics game wont run properly..
it won't have a score more than 14000 in antutu..
that kind of.performance is ok for a xperia E1 or maybe around 10-15k rs phone but not for a 20k phone..
even the leaked benchmarks don't suggest it will have that chip..
I hope the info is wrong..
as lumia 1320 is also 23k

Last edited:

Inceptionist

Journeyman
I'd like to know what Sony is planning to go against Moto G. It is getting positive reviews and Sony has to come up with something equally good or better in mid-range.

randomuser111

Technomancer
@rish

It won't be priced at 20k :) It's a budget phone.

Second from bottom after E1/E1 dual.

What leaked benchmarks are u talking about btw? I don't think Tianchi benchmarks have leaked ?

Think you are confusing Tianchi with L successor. Tianchi is XM50H not D230X

No Mediatek based smartphones for 2014 is what it looks like right now. Tianchi WAS going to have the Mediatek Octa core chip but that decision was changed. It's 100% Qualcomm now for 2014. Even the ODM devices (E1/E1 dual & Tianchi)

@Inceptionist

Nothing vastly different from Moto G.

Last edited:
Top Bottom