Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
It's mentioned on the box - Date of Import.

So if you are worried about screen I suggest buying from a store. :)

The early batch had a screen lottery where there were few great panels and a lot of "average panels". Phones manufactured after mid October mostly have great screens.

Plus there is also the yellow tint issue on a number of early batch units.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
It's mentioned on the box - Date of Import.

So if you are worried about screen I suggest buying from a store. :)

The early batch had a screen lottery where there were few great panels and a lot of "average panels". Phones manufactured after mid October mostly have great screens.

Plus there is also the yellow tint issue on a number of early batch units.

Yeah, I heard about that... 4 screens were in the lottery, weren't they??? :evil:
Looks like I am gonna have to play Russian roulette and buy blind from Flipkart... Any info when the models on Flipkart are imported or any process by which we can ask them to provide the required model???:-?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
TI OMAP and Nvidia lead Qualcomm ? Think you need to get your facts right.

Tegra 1 was a major flop and T2 was probably an even bigger flop. Only from T3 onwards Nvidia could be even considered "competetive" at least even though T3 trailed Qualcomm and Exynos by quite a margin. T4 well, let's not talk about it :p Probably it was made for Nvidia's staff and nobody else?

my bad .. i read that comment somewhere and believed it .. i am into smartphones from past 1 year only so wasn't aware about tegra history .. thanks for correcting me :)

On tegra 4, the performance is impressive had they not been so late from their scheduled timing in bringing to market.. tegra 4 would have been a great success..

i see tegra 4i to be a great success if they can price their phones in 250$ category and can actually release devices by june 2014 .. it is easily going to beat the newly announced snapdragon 410( cortex a53 )

With those specs, it's surely gonna be priced above 50k here... May even beat the One Maxx in that respect!!! Lol!!!
Don't count HTC , they have gone mad this year i guess they are trying to follow apple strategy and pricing at huge premiums
even low end phones
today they launched desire 700 - phone with 1 gb ram and with a resolution of 540 x 960 for Rs 33,000 ...:lol:
take any phone launched by htc this year barring htc one you will laugh at their pricing..

whatever the specs might end up being it won't go above 45k at any cost if dollar doesn't fluctuates .. reason being sony is smart they do not price it near or more than samsung flagships .. everyone expected xperia z ultra and z1 to be around 50,000 it ended up at 43-44k to undercut note 3 ..

@rish: u didn't get what the author tried to convey.
MT6589 vs MSM8228Q bcoz they are in the same price bracket (as Qualcomm chips have high manufacturing costs)
so the phones below 15k or even 10k from mediatek chip sets are doing well & performing well

yes that is what i am saying the author compared it with the wrong chip .. he should have compared it with msm8230 since 8230 and mediatek 6589 both were in the same price bracket phones in range of 16k at the time that post was created .. msm8225q was already an outdated/older chip so naturally it had far worse performance.. maybe he was trying to compare only quad vs quad..

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
Are chances of xperia c getting official 4.4 from sony really that low because of it being mediatek? Can anybody confirm this or point to some sources?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@random one of my requirement was 4.5inch+ screen and I read somewhere that Z1mini is 4.3 inch ...if that japaneese Z1f same as Z1 mini

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
@powerhoney

Yes buying from Flipkart should be okay. They will most likely have new stock :) Even if not, they are good at replacements.

@nikufellow

Don't expect 4.4 for C. 4.3 would probably be end of the road for C

@Ayuclack

Yes 14.2.0.A.290 is Android 4.3 update. Did you update ? Please post screenshots after updating :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hi guys.

Got my dad a Xperia ZL two weeks ago.

It has a serious call drop problem, the call drops randomly.

Havent installed any apps/updates (4.2 android available). The power button also is not config'ed to end call.

Tried searching for topics in google, but it seems Sony has deleted many of the threads in their forum.

I'm about to install Latest available software: 10.3.1.A.2.67 (4.2JB).

Is the device defective?

Shall i order a proper micro SIM? Currently using the original normal sim cut to micro sim.

Current s/w: 10.1.A.1.350

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
hi guys.

Got my dad a Xperia ZL two weeks ago.

It has a serious call drop problem, the call drops randomly.

Havent installed any apps/updates (4.2 android available). The power button also is not config'ed to end call.

Tried searching for topics in google, but it seems Sony has deleted many of the threads in their forum.

I'm about to install Latest available software: 10.3.1.A.2.67 (4.2JB).

Is the device defective?

Shall i order a proper micro SIM? Currently using the original normal sim cut to micro sim.

Current s/w: 10.1.A.1.350

Check with that sim on another device. If the issue isn't present when using another device, then you should approach service center.

Before that update to the latest software :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Check with that sim on another device. If the issue isn't present when using another device, then you should approach service center.

Before that update to the latest software :)

updated to latest sw version. Also uninstalled McAfee (i never bothered with that pos even on pc :p ), foneclay, linkdIN.

So far no call drops, but i'll get the SIM replaced as a precaution.

edit: can the sensor cause a call to drop? the sensor (near ear piece) area was oily :))

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
So sad for X.SP :p
Sony Pushes Envelope of Developer Friendliness Once Again, AOSP KitKat for Various Xperia Devices – xda-developers

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys... Just ordered an Xperia Z1 from Flipkart... Could you tell me what is the "in the box" headset they provide??? Cause if it's crap, am gonna buy a new headset... :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hey guys... Just ordered an Xperia Z1 from Flipkart... Could you tell me what is the "in the box" headset they provide??? Cause if it's crap, am gonna buy a new headset... :)

It will be crap :) order something like Sony Mdr 220lp its the best Iem under 1.2k :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Today went to sony world to check handson ...XSP have soo poor screen ...why its soo whiteish ...is it coz of theme...it looked like it have no contrast at all
I only liked Xperia C and Z1 screen ...xperia Z,ZL were also good to hold ...but XC was just too big for my taste.

Any XSP owner here who could tell me if the screen have acually such low contrast or is it coz of the theme effect/brightness

Top Bottom