Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm I think it wont be a fare competition between C and SP ...SP will win on everything except screen size

rish1

Cyborg Agent
LOL ...Yaar tell some bad things soo I can decide between xperia C and SP :D

Lol is this question serious ?

Sp and C are miles apart from each other..

Not even in competition .. the only good thing about xperia c is it is dual sim i guess and sp is not and design..

Xperia C is the slowest Xperia in performance..

I would suggest spend some more and get nexus 4...

1gb extra ram
2 additional cores
IPS screen
direct updates from google
massive Developer Mod community.. which will ensure that you will always get the latest android even after 3 years..

But i hate the design of nexus 4.. that's just a personal opinion... if you can afford to get Xperia ZR then i guess that is the perfect device...

Looks + Performance + Everything

so in conclusion depending upon your budget

Performance wise

Xperia zR > NExus 4 > Xperia SP > Xperia L > Xperia M > xperia C

Btw New xperia models will be launched in march , will be announced in feb if you can wait i would suggest you to do that..

Last edited:
OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
@SujoyP

I don't think spending 27k on ZL will be a good idea considering the 2014 Xperia devices will be much superior.

I know it will be a long wait but imagine you spend 27k now and 4 months later the new devices blow your "new" phone out of the water. Doesn't seem good.

So if u want to buy now I'd suggest keeping to 20k budget or extend it for Nexus 4/5 only.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@SujoyP

I don't think spending 27k on ZL will be a good idea considering the 2014 Xperia devices will be much superior.

I know it will be a long wait but imagine you spend 27k now and 4 months later the new devices blow your "new" phone out of the water. Doesn't seem good.

So if u want to buy now I'd suggest keeping to 20k budget or extend it for Nexus 4/5 only.

What about buying the Z1???:-? Am thinking of getting one... What's the expected timeline for release of the 2014 devices in India??? Any info on just how much of a specs boost they will have over present Flagship??? :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
What about buying the Z1???:-? Am thinking of getting one... What's the expected timeline for release of the 2014 devices in India??? Any info on just how much of a specs boost they will have over present Flagship??? :)

the successor is likely going to have

new design
3 gb ram
snapdragon 805 ( 2.5 ghz , adreno 420 ( 40 % faster than adreno 330 )
2560x1440 resolution (useless)
+ other improvements

it will be announced in Ces (jan ) or Mobile world congress ( feb )

release by march end

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@SujoyP

:( to wait soo long is :pullhair:

I dont want nexus 4 or nexus 5 ...there design is boreing and I have no trust on LG ... about developer support, good if its there ,fine if there isnt any ( I have been using windows phone for last 2 years)

then I will get my long pending Nikon D7100 now :D and delay my handset purchase till feb 2014 :cry:

@rish I found Xperia C sufficient for all my needs (good music, big screen, ok is cam, fhd playback and recording,some games, sexy looks)...there is nothing bad ...I am neglecting L and M just coz there screen are small and I want a 4.5 inch + screen

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@rish I found Xperia C sufficient for all my needs (good music, big screen, ok is cam, fhd playback and recording,some games, sexy looks)...there is nothing bad ...I am neglecting L and M just coz there screen are small and I want a 4.5 inch + screen

I wud have recommended Xperia C if it had 720p display on 5" screen even my HTC One V has better ppi than C.

go for SP bcoz
1.Awesome Krait CPU & Qualcomm
2.8GB internal memory
3.720p (319ppi) display
4.Android KitKat 4.4
5.Adreno 320
6.gyro sensor (not present in C)
7.10 finger touch (C has only 4 finger touch)
8.GLONASS

and I agree that looks matter in a phone but that can't be compromised with Hardware performance of the phone.

and I don't know how smooth is the FHD playback in C.
but I tested 28Mbps bitrate 1080p MKV file in SP with DTS Audio.
and it was mind blowing (zero lag & butter smooth)
it was 3~4mins sample clip of 700MB :mrgreen:

PS: This is my personal eXperience with SP ;)

Last edited:
OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
+1 to the above

Get SP :)

@powerhoney

Buying a Z1 is fine as there isn't going to be a major jump going from Z1 to 2014 flagship. But the differences are huge for mid range devices.

Although if u can wait then sure you can wait. But I wouldn't recommend it as the first half flagship for 2014 doesn't see "revolutionary changes" but more like a "better Z1". The second half 2014 flagship will be a giant leap though.

Much more powerful hardware on the mid rangers + much improved screens :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
:( to wait soo long is :pullhair:

I dont want nexus 4 or nexus 5 ...there design is boreing and I have no trust on LG ... about developer support, good if its there ,fine if there isnt any ( I have been using windows phone for last 2 years)

then I will get my long pending Nikon D7100 now :D and delay my handset purchase till feb 2014 :cry:

well if your requirements are very basic then any phone would be ok.. but keep in mind these things

Xperia C will never ever ever get android 4.4 .. very slim chances getting it officialy
bootloader is locked so no development whatsoever so not even unofficial 4.4 as it is a mediatek phone i too am not power user but would like to have latest Os at least

I hope you don't listen to music in earphones if you are like me an earphones listener , all xperia's ( from xperia tipo to xperia z1) have terrible volume levels.. can only be fixed by flashing/tweaked mods , since no development no mods.. this was the reason i did not buy Xperia tipo last year ..

Crappy GPS ( not a problem if you don't use it )

Expect frequent slowdowns when running background apps like whastapp , facebook all at same time.. as cortex a7 is not that powerful

All 2014 games heavy graphic games like asphalt 9, nfs are most probably going to lag ..

Get xperia SP then ,

Last edited:

Zangetsu

this is a good read MediaTek vs. Qualcomm: Which Chipset you should have in your Smartphone, Tablet - Gadgets To Use
do read the last lines ;)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
this is a good read MediaTek vs. Qualcomm: Which Chipset you should have in your Smartphone, Tablet - Gadgets To Use
do read the last lines ;)

biased comparison ...

1st there is no mediatek phone that costs more than 20k as he mentions don't spend more than 20k on mediatek chips :p

1st half of the year is mediatek's lead
2nd half of the year it is qualcomm lead

that guy compared it with snapdragon 8225q but by the 2nd half year end 1ghz dual krait ( xperia m ) and 8226 ( moto g ) became low end..
so in that case 1ghz dual krait and 8226 > 6589
so now the 1st half has come again
mediatek 6592 > dual krait and 8226

mediatek will rule for the next 6 months again..

The problems with mediatek is GPS and less global presence as compared to snapdragon so no developer community..

Few years ago qualcomm was in the position where mediatek is now.. when ti omap and nvidia use to rule..

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
biased comparison ...

Few years ago qualcomm was in the position where mediatek is now.. when ti omap and nvidia use to rule..

TI OMAP and Nvidia lead Qualcomm ? Think you need to get your facts right.

Tegra 1 was a major flop and T2 was probably an even bigger flop. Only from T3 onwards Nvidia could be even considered "competetive" at least even though T3 trailed Qualcomm and Exynos by quite a margin. T4 well, let's not talk about it :p Probably it was made for Nvidia's staff and nobody else?

As for OMAP they did see great success prior to the Android smartphone boom but then on their chips were never the best peforming ones on the market. They were late to the party sadly all the time. TI OMAP 4430/4470 were good but still didn't beat Qualcomm.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
+1 to the above

Get SP :)

@powerhoney

Buying a Z1 is fine as there isn't going to be a major jump going from Z1 to 2014 flagship. But the differences are huge for mid range devices.

Although if u can wait then sure you can wait. But I wouldn't recommend it as the first half flagship for 2014 doesn't see "revolutionary changes" but more like a "better Z1". The second half 2014 flagship will be a giant leap though.

Much more powerful hardware on the mid rangers + much improved screens :)

Thankss for the info...
Damn, man... If only the Z1 had a better screen and an IR blaster... :cry:
Can wait but then, the waiting game will go on for ever... :|

Zangetsu

@rish: u didn't get what the author tried to convey.
MT6589 vs MSM8228Q bcoz they are in the same price bracket (as Qualcomm chips have high manufacturing costs)
so the phones below 15k or even 10k from mediatek chip sets are doing well & performing well :cool:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
the successor is likely going to have

new design
3 gb ram
snapdragon 805 ( 2.5 ghz , adreno 420 ( 40 % faster than adreno 330 )
2560x1440 resolution (useless)
+ other improvements

it will be announced in Ces (jan ) or Mobile world congress ( feb )

release by march end

With those specs, it's surely gonna be priced above 50k here... May even beat the One Maxx in that respect!!! Lol!!! :evil:

Get a Z1 imported in November 2013. You won't have to worry about screen :)

How can I know the import date before buying??? Is there some process??? Am most probably gonna buy online... :)
And, how different is the November screen from the previous ones??? Like, what are the improvements???

Top Bottom