Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

LegendKiller

In the zone
I hope for their sake that the screen is good. just checked zr at croma and it's screen too left too much to desire.......esp at the steep price it commands.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Sorry. Might have been purple.

BTW, take a look at this. Sony just teased a new picture.

*plus.google.com/+SonyXperia/posts/RMS1vqsWBta

sankheashish

Broken In
Specifications for Sony’s upcoming flagship smartphone, the Xperia i1. According to rumors, the handset – codenamed Honami – will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 processor operating at a blazing 2.2GHz alongside 2GB of RAM and 16GB of flash storage.

The Android-based smartphone will ship with a 5-inch, 1080p display but perhaps the most interesting feature of the i1 is the rear camera. It allegedly consists of a high-end 20.7-megapixel ExmorRS sensor that uses Sony’s Bionz image processing technology.
There’s also the mention of something called Sony Lens G which is said to incorporate unique optical design technology and quality control for exceptional optical performance on par with the best lenses in the industry.

A handset of this caliber would be a monster, or at least it is on paper. Truth is, Sony hasn’t even confirmed they are working on such a device but it’s worth pointing out that these specs match those that surfaced back in April and May. I for one would be interested in comparing the camera on the i1 with the one in Nokia’s new Lumia 1020 which boasts a 41-megapixel shooter.

Most expect the Xperia i1 to officially surface at this year’s IFA Expo in Berlin which starts on September 6 and runs through September 11. As always, however, it’s advisable to take this rumor with a healthy dose of salt.

shreymittal

Being Human
Specifications for Sony’s upcoming flagship smartphone, the Xperia i1. According to rumors, the handset – codenamed Honami – will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 processor operating at a blazing 2.2GHz alongside 2GB of RAM and 16GB of flash storage.

The Android-based smartphone will ship with a 5-inch, 1080p display but perhaps the most interesting feature of the i1 is the rear camera. It allegedly consists of a high-end 20.7-megapixel ExmorRS sensor that uses Sony’s Bionz image processing technology.
There’s also the mention of something called Sony Lens G which is said to incorporate unique optical design technology and quality control for exceptional optical performance on par with the best lenses in the industry.

A handset of this caliber would be a monster, or at least it is on paper. Truth is, Sony hasn’t even confirmed they are working on such a device but it’s worth pointing out that these specs match those that surfaced back in April and May. I for one would be interested in comparing the camera on the i1 with the one in Nokia’s new Lumia 1020 which boasts a 41-megapixel shooter.

Most expect the Xperia i1 to officially surface at this year’s IFA Expo in Berlin which starts on September 6 and runs through September 11. As always, however, it’s advisable to take this rumor with a healthy dose of salt.

Please post something new we all already know this

RohanM

Cyborg Agent

lol, it's already posted a long time back by randomuser.. Hope he dont see ur post.. :mrgreen:

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Just about a week left, so you'll find out yourself soon :D

Don't expect miracles though, just one level above almost every smartphone out there.

India launch of Z1 on September 18th. MRP 46990. So street price 42-44k

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Can anyone with Xperia L or SP upload their volds.fstab file from system/etc directory..
I think USB OTG is supported but not enabled by default..
My Xperia M had this following code, probably not found in Xperia L or SP.. maybe adding this will enable
Code:
dev_mount ext_card /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host
[B]#BSP-LC-Enable_USB_Disk-00 +[
dev_mount usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host
#BSP-LC-Enable_USB_Disk-00 +][/B]