Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^^ It was never Sony VS LG .. But some fanboys... meh...

Look who's talking. The same nexus 4 fanboy who irritated people with his nexus 4 fanboyish comments on every thread and calling all other phones crap.

Anyway, I'm not gonna waste more time arguing with you. So go ahead and post whatever u wanna post.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Look who's talking. The same nexus 4 fanboy who irritated people with his nexus 4 fanboyish comments on every thread and calling all other phones crap.

Anyway, I'm not gonna waste more time arguing with you. So go ahead and post whatever u wanna post.

I was talking about today's debate.. U seems to be having English issue....

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
BTW Random he didn't told any thing wrong.You just think for a while..previous xperia phones where better in " display "
Only in display then 2013 xperias.. Whats wrong in that?

Droid_Z

Banned
BTW Random he didn't told any thing wrong.You just think for a while..previous xperia phones where better in " display "

+ 100
Nothing wrong in that.. indeed a valid point.
My friend is using Xperia V & one of other friend having Z
Z sucks at viewing angles whereas V is superb..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

I have 2 Xperia L's in my family, both have poor quality touchscreen response. I compared them to Galaxy S3, Pantech Burst, Galaxy Quattro and even my old LG Optimus One. Poor quality touchscreen response while panning webpages and pictures and Google maps.

Very bad decisions by Sony. My only hope is that it is not a hardware problem and wait for a software fix.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I have 2 Xperia L's in my family, both have poor quality touchscreen response. I compared them to Galaxy S3, Pantech Burst, Galaxy Quattro and even my old LG Optimus One. Poor quality touchscreen response while panning webpages and pictures and Google maps.

Very bad decisions by Sony. My only hope is that it is not a hardware problem and wait for a software fix.
Yeah hope so.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer

Then I must be blind, and also GSMArena and every other review site. Because 2012 Xperias also had poor viewing angles. The only Xperia with good viewing angles is the Z Ultra.

In terms of quality, 2013 displays are NOT inferior to 2012.

In case of Z/ZL it was more of a software issue, you can go and check a Z with latest firmware.

Xperia V - In reality, viewing the screen head on will leave you pleased but as soon as you tilt the device to the side even slightly, the colors begin to look washed out and contrast is heading south at a frightful pace.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_v-review-877p3.php

Xperia T - Sadly, Sony is yet to address the issue of poor viewing angles. You really need to be looking at the Xperia T head-on to experience arguably the best image quality from an LCD, as once you tilt the phone even a tiny bit, the image quality deteriorates noticeably.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_t-review-820p3.php

Xperia S - Its only downside (and it's not a minor one) are the sub-par viewing angles.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-review-741p2.php

And Xperia Z - However, the screen is by no means perfect. First of all its viewing angles aren't really great. They are a step forward compared to the Xperia T, but a very minor one. In that area Sony still has a lot of work before it catches up with the competition.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z-review-887p3.php

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^ Those reviews you are referring are with ICS [Still having good angles than Z/ZL]
My friends Xperia Acro S & V are having much better viewing angles than Xperia SP/Z/ZL they are also having good contrast as compare to Xperia Z/ZL...

If you are saying 2012 Xperias also had poor viewing angles Then I must say 2013 Xperias having worst viewing angles

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^ Those reviews you are referring are with ICS [Still having good angles than Z/ZL]
My friends Xperia Acro S & V are having much better viewing angles than Xperia SP/Z/ZL they are also having good contrast as compare to Xperia Z/ZL...

If you are saying 2012 Xperias also had poor viewing angles Then I must say 2013 Xperias having worst viewing angles

LOL. Software does not improve viewing angles :p Don't just say anything to prove your invalid point.

Post a link where a review states any 2012 xperia has good viewing angles. Or a post from a owner who mentioned viewing angles magically improved with software update

By your logic, if viewing angles could be improved with software updates then Sony would have done that already for Z/ZL right ? After all Z sold much more than any 2012 Xperia so why would Sony not issue that magical software update

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
LOL. Software does not improve viewing angles :p Don't just say anything to prove your invalid point.

Post a link where a review states any 2012 xperia has good viewing angles. Or a post from a owner who mentioned viewing angles magically improved with software update

By your logic, if viewing angles could be improved with software updates then Sony would have done that already for Z/ZL right ? After all Z sold much more than any 2012 Xperia so why would Sony not issue that magical software update

This is what I have to say..
I thought same like touch sensitivity can be improved with touch drivers so angles... my bad..

Still why sony has not fixed lack of sharpness(contrast) then ??

I will still stick to my point that 2012 Sony phone are having good displays... believe it or not...

Last edited:

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Xperia p vs xperia z viewing angles *www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZAneIcRyQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Here you can see the displays

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Adding more injury/insult to xperia Z :twisted::-D

Display comparison: Xperia Z against Xperia T and Xperia V | Xperia Blog

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^ haha play safe :wink:... But I will not as he (u know who, we never take his name - Voldemort of this thread) changed the track....

kapilove77

Padawan
Google never launched Nexus 4 here.. it was Lg... I am not even on Google side..
Agree on the samsung part that their phones are **** below 25k...
Sony Ericsson was best in past... My bro is having Neo V [classic beauty]
Even Sony 2012 phones screens were best like Xperia V, T Acro S, P [ they don't have viewing angle issues like 2013 phones from sony] So I dnt think they are improving.. Providing VGA front cam on 27k+ phone - Xperia ZR, 21k+ phone Xperia SP - It's improvement... ya may be on other planet.
Compare Xperia SP display vs xperia V/TX ...

I was talking about software part. Did you see s4 software and it's bugs? Sony software is more like near to vanilla android experience.

Sony phones excels in certain fields and Lg in certain..So no fan wars :p

Yes indeed and i wanted to say this.

Top Bottom