Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I am going to stick with my mobile for another few more months, i guess.

BTW I made up my mind that my next mobile will be from Sony... :D No Samsung, as they quite boring in design and specs wise.

dharmil007

Journeyman
How do you spell 'Raep?'
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 vs. Sony Xperia Z - GSMArena.com

Go to a Sony Center or exclusive showroom, they are taking 1k advance, and they will give it 10 days before launch to you.

I will use the L9 for now, later I will get my next phone that comes with Android 5 stock, next Qualcomm chipset, it's rumored that the next qualcomm soc will have as much power as the GPU inside X360/PS3. Console quality game on a mobile, yes please :D :D

i Saw that site quite a time.
N2 has Stylus & good related software related to that.
Moreover its 34k, whereas Xperia Z is 39k.

XPERIA Z also have great Spec List too.
But still, confused :confused::confused::confused::confused:

& BTW, what is 'raep" ?

tkin

Back to school!!

i Saw that site quite a time.
N2 has Stylus & good related software related to that.
Moreover its 34k, whereas Xperia Z is 39k.

XPERIA Z also have great Spec List too.
But still, confused :confused::confused::confused::confused:

& BTW, what is 'raep" ?
Nothing, don't make a fuss, mods will ban me :D :D

Now, Xperia Z will launch at 36k, and will be available at 33-34k streetprice.

Now Note 2 comes with a stylus, but that's pretty much it, nothing else over the Xperia Z.

Note II is quite old now buddy, performance wise Xperia Z will kill the Note II eyes closed, even a adreno 225 kills the Mali, Adreno 320 will run around it: HTC DROID DNA review: Champion genes - GSMArena.com
See over there(Droid DNA same hardware as Z), in all but one benchmarks the krait soc murders the Exynos, so now take a pick.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
@dharmil

Price is 36k not 39.

As you know, some guys are quite greedy and want to fool naive customers ;). So show him that you are not naive and he won't dare to fool you with the pricing.

@tkin

36k is the street price for Z, not 32-34. Its MRP is closer to 40 but retail price is around 36. If Sony center is selling @36 then smaller shops may sell it for 35k but that's about it. You won't get it for lower than 35k at least until April end.

tkin

Back to school!!
@dharmil

Price is 36k not 39.

As you know, some guys are quite greedy and want to fool naive customers ;). So show him that you are not naive and he won't dare to fool you with the pricing.

@tkin

36k is the street price for Z, not 32-34. Its MRP is closer to 40 but retail price is around 36. If Sony center is selling @36 then smaller shops may sell it for 35k but that's about it. You won't get it for lower than 35k at least until April end.
Last year I went to buy a Sony Walkman, Sony Center quoted 8.5k, I got it for 7k flat in chandni, all exclusive stores like Sony Center or Nokia Exclusive charges more than street buddy, trust me, if the price of the Xperia Z is 36k in sony center and flipkart, it'll sell for around 35k in ebay, add a 7.5% discount coupon and it comes down to 32.4k around.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Well in that case, i expect Z to kill Note 2 and similar below-par-performing, namesake, money-ripping devices.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Well in that case, i expect Z to kill Note 2 and similar below-par-performing, namesake, money-ripping devices.
When Z comes at 36k in FK, note will go to 32k, and SGS III will go to 28k, they should, unless Samsung is confident that their brand name gives them the extra leverage over Sony.

PS: Sony lost a lot of reputation here during the Ericsson days due to poor service, that has stuck to some people still now :sealed:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Perception might change. The only big issue with Sony is, in my case, my sister Xperia X10 Mini pro display was broken, and when we gave it to Sony SC, they were asking about 9k for display alone. The phone cost at that time was around 11k. It is a big downfall. Same with Sammy, i replaced the original screen for 4-5k(somewhere around this, i don't remember exactly, but it was cheaper) for my friends Galaxy S. If Sony prices it's spares reasonably, i don't see any hurdle in their way to become successful mobile brand and surpass sales of Sammy.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
First Xperia Z professional review

Sony Xperia Z Review - Phone Reviews and Video | Stuff magazine

Verdict:

It’s no mean feat to take on the Galaxy S3 (and Nexus 4) and live to tell the tale but the Xperia Z has stolen our top spot away from Samsung in style. Not only does it make Samsung’s flagship look like a cheap toy with its tempered glass build and thoughtful design details, the Xperia Z also ups the ante with serious specs: a pin-sharp 5in 1080p screen, 4G, a quad-core Snapdragon brain and Jelly Bean 4.2 due just after launch. Sure, you may not feel the full benefit of those stonking figures right now, but you will have a lightning-fast, future-proof beast of a handset.

But it’s not all about the spec wars. Its battery-boosting Stamina mode will make sure the Xperia Z outlasts its rivals, and with a tough pavement-proof screen, intuitive compact-cam style photo controls and a waterproof body, it’s clear that Sony’s really looking out for the everyday gadgeteer. So much so, that the Xperia Z is now our new No.1 smartphone.

tkin

Back to school!!
First Xperia Z professional review

Sony Xperia Z Review - Phone Reviews and Video | Stuff magazine

Verdict:

It’s no mean feat to take on the Galaxy S3 (and Nexus 4) and live to tell the tale but the Xperia Z has stolen our top spot away from Samsung in style. Not only does it make Samsung’s flagship look like a cheap toy with its tempered glass build and thoughtful design details, the Xperia Z also ups the ante with serious specs: a pin-sharp 5in 1080p screen, 4G, a quad-core Snapdragon brain and Jelly Bean 4.2 due just after launch. Sure, you may not feel the full benefit of those stonking figures right now, but you will have a lightning-fast, future-proof beast of a handset.

But it’s not all about the spec wars. Its battery-boosting Stamina mode will make sure the Xperia Z outlasts its rivals, and with a tough pavement-proof screen, intuitive compact-cam style photo controls and a waterproof body, it’s clear that Sony’s really looking out for the everyday gadgeteer. So much so, that the Xperia Z is now our new No.1 smartphone.
Goes to sell his monster rig, be right back with 36k :p :p

Top Bottom