Sony VAIO P Launched in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
After impressing many at the CES 2009, Sony's ogle-worthy slim netbook VAIO P has finally arrived in India. With a thin, 19.8mm body, the VAIO P will be available in two models - VGN-P13GH and P15G - in India.

The models will be available from Sony owned or authorized outlets for Rs. 49,990 and Rs. 64,990, respectively. Sony's VAIO P netbook is one of the ultra-thin netbooks announced at the CES 2009, which is soon going to become a separate notebook segment.

The slim VAIO P has an 8-inch LED backlit screen supporting 1600 x 768 resolution. The P13GH is equipped with a 1.33GHz Intel Atom Z520 processor with a 533MHz FSB and a 512KB cache.

While the P15G is powered with an 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z530 CPU with a 533MHz FSB and a 512KB cache. Both come with Intel GMA 500, an 8-inch UWXGA screen, Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, a 2GB DDR2 RAM, and Vista Home.

Source:*www.techtree.com/India/News/Sony_VAIO_P_Launched_in_India/551-98236-893.html

I think its too much over priced.......

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Effin expensive!!! Amazon.co.uk has it listed for 399 quid (30K Rs.) while SonyStyleUSA are accepting pre-orders for $899 and both have the Atom 1.6Ghz rather than the slower 1.33Ghz that's being offered in India.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I had a chance to play with it when it had come to our labs. It looks and feels awesome and is really small and light. The small controller for mouse pointer works really well. Only bad things are that it is a bit slow and the display lacks height.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
I had a chance to play with it when it had come to our labs. It looks and feels awesome and is really small and light. The small controller for mouse pointer works really well. Only bad things are that it is a bit slow and the display lacks height.

I read somewhere that the keys are pretty hard to type on. Is that true?

How does the trackpoint compare with trackpoints on Thinkpads?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I read somewhere that the keys are pretty hard to type on. Is that true?

How does the trackpoint compare with trackpoints on Thinkpads?

The keyboard was pretty decent. I didn't have any problems with it.

As for the trackpoint thingy, I haven't used the ones on the Thinkpads so I can't compare. But it is pretty easy to use once you get used to it. It doesn't move around like a joystick. It remains still and detects the direction in which you are moving your finger.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
The keyboard was pretty decent. I didn't have any problems with it.

As for the trackpoint thingy, I haven't used the ones on the Thinkpads so I can't compare. But it is pretty easy to use once you get used to it. It doesn't move around like a joystick. It remains still and detects the direction in which you are moving your finger.
Nice to hear that.

Well, that's precisely the reason why trackpoints are far superior to touchpads. The trackpoint also acts like a left click mouse button if you click on it.
I've disabled the touchpad on my laptop and getting a trackpoint seems to be my #1 parameter in deciding my next netbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom