Sony Vaio CB35 Unboxing and Review.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
i want to enable hardware virtualization in my cb 45. hope all the configuration is same between cb35 and cb45. Can any1 plz help me. Sony has made the BIOS totally nude... :-? :confused:

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
i want to enable hardware virtualization in my cb 45. hope all the configuration is same between cb35 and cb45. Can any1 plz help me. Sony has made the BIOS totally nude... :-? :confused:

What makes you think hardware virtualisation is disabled on your CB45 ?

Its enabled by default on my CB35:

*i.imgur.com/eoN7h.png

Download Intel processor identification tool to confirm its enabled / disabled.
There's a Microsoft alternative application to test it.

If at all its disabled, you can't do it from BIOS. Yeah, Sony's BIOS' are naked.

But there's a register trick to enable it. Check by confirming your BIOS.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Congrats mate..products @ letsbuy are much cheaper than flipkart,which is overrated,though cant complain abt their amazing service..and nyc review too

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
thnks mate, I am able to enable it, no need to do any trick with BIOS. Only one option that is glowing in BIOS is that Hardware Virtualization. It was disabled there. I did enable it. Thanks for your reply. :)

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I have Sony Vaio CB45. I want to add some extra RAM to my lappy.. Which brand should I go for? It is already having 4 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz .. Should I add another 4 GB or shall I replace it with a 1600 Mhz RAM. Which will be better. and will my chipset support 1600 Mhz? Please somebody give some advice.. TIA.

Please suggest me a brand.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have Sony Vaio CB45. I want to add some extra RAM to my lappy.. Which brand should I go for? It is already having 4 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz .. Should I add another 4 GB or shall I replace it with a 1600 Mhz RAM. Which will be better. and will my chipset support 1600 Mhz? Please somebody give some advice.. TIA.

Please suggest me a brand.

All 1st gen Intel CPUs support upto 1066MHz , 2nd gen upto 1333MHz, 3rd gen upto 1600MHz. Just pick up any 1333MHz RAM and it will work flawlessly; Corsair is a preferable brand. If not available, go for G.Skill / Kingston.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Okk.. so please suggest me a good brand for 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM.

Thanks mate... i am going to order corsair from flipkart.. :lol:

techspark

Broken In
Sorry guys for bumping a very old thread. I have this laptop and i love its keyboard a lot. I m not getting comfortable with using any other keyboard but i need to buy a new wireless keyboard. Please suggest me any wirless chiclet type keyboard like the one on this laptop. I have bought belkin and dell wireless chiclet keyboards and they are not even 10% as good as the one on this laptop. Please suggest me something , budget is not an issue. Thanks

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Sorry guys for bumping a very old thread. I have this laptop and i love its keyboard a lot. I m not getting comfortable with using any other keyboard but i need to buy a new wireless keyboard. Please suggest me any wirless chiclet type keyboard like the one on this laptop. I have bought belkin and dell wireless chiclet keyboards and they are not even 10% as good as the one on this laptop. Please suggest me something , budget is not an issue. Thanks

I was about to suggest you a Dell keyboard I had used in my company (wired though), which seemed to be the closest I can find, but you already crossed it out.

BTW I really can hi5 you on this keyboard thingy; it's so damn good that I don't know if I ever will be able to replace this with something else.

reddead

LoSt!
The peroformance has drastically reduced..it lags sometimes when browsing and sometimes just hangs(only on ms office) , have to force restart.......also changed my HDD couple of months ago, still same performance.

Looking forward to upgrade to win8, did anyone try win8 on cb35? all drivers etc working?

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
The peroformance has drastically reduced..it lags sometimes when browsing and sometimes just hangs(only on ms office) , have to force restart.......also changed my HDD couple of months ago, still same performance.

Looking forward to upgrade to win8, did anyone try win8 on cb35? all drivers etc working?
I'm yet to face any performance degrade, except that the battery back up has reduced to just an hour. Don't use stock windows, it's highly bloated.

Never tried win 8 but drivers are available so you might want to try.

reddead

LoSt!
I'm yet to face any performance degrade, except that the battery back up has reduced to just an hour. Don't use stock windows, it's highly bloated.

Never tried win 8 but drivers are available so you might want to try.

stock windows is highly bloated? did you mean the other way round?

Top Bottom