Sony Vaio anyone

aparash

Broken In
Hey experts/geeks im planning to buy Sony vaio and had pretty much made up my mind till I came to this thread. There is a dearth of sony lovers here all I see is HP/Lenevo/Dell/Asus.. Honestly wats ur take on Vaio series, wat do they have going against them apart from comments like 'they are made for girls'(which i get a lot but i dnt care)..

Also, my requirements be damned Im planning to pick one of the following three.. Plz help me choose the better machine. THANKS!

Product Comparison : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

aniket.cain

Padawan
Get the 1st one. It has a brilliant FullHD screen, USB 3.0 port, a 7200rpm drive, and ATI 6630 GPU. 2nd one if you are low on budget. Don't think about the 3rd one. It is an old model with older i5.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
first one is the way to go for it. Actually its new version of old CB15, refreshed with newer 2430M, CB15 had 2410M. Rest no diff, plus same cost. Its the most balanced lappi out there in this price bracket. You will get it for 52k max from local dealers, and don't forget to opt for 2 yrs additional warranty @ some 3k or so.

PS- I'm also buying this lappi in diwali after my months' of reasearch :)

Sarath

iDota
There is nothing against Sony here. They are actually like apple for the "windows" world. They make awesome looking laptops but so does HP these days.

The main problem with them is the pricing, which is higher than competitors. Second is their slower updates in hardware. Its actually HP which updates at a frantic pace. Every time I go to their website they have made what I saw last week obsolete.

I personally wanted a Sony lappy, the 17" beast, but finally got a desktop since there are already more lappies than people to use them here.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^ Sometimes actually :)) But since i have been researching for my laptop, now i remember most of their models (as i am personally tilted towards Vaio) :D ;) It was a heck of a time doing it :|

OP
A

aparash

Broken In
THank you ALL... I finally got my machine(the first one in the comparison) and man does it look AND perform sexy or WHAT!.. Im lovin it.. Can even switch from onboard graphix to Radeon like charm.. The DOLBY sorround plugin is awesome.. But the best part..The backlit keyboard!!.. Chatting in the dark will never be the same.. HELL YEA!.. Now where did I put my HD RIp of source code movie.. :).. THANKS GUYS!

Top Bottom