Sony Ericsson Beats Motorola to 3rd position!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ As of now there isn't a specific section of video recording phones. A good camera phone is expected to have both good still image capture and high resolution video recording. Currently only Nokia, Samsung and LG manages both. SE and Motorola as far behind in the video recording race.

True...& video recording @30 fps on N82 is simply awesome :cool:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
And video recording at 30fps in VGA in DivX format in LG phones is even more awesome. Plus there is also the 120fps slow motion video recording.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Hmm what about Nokia N93 and Samsung Wideo (CDMA) launched years ago..To me video recording as of now is unimportant as taking still photos a few years back. No mobile camera is able to give a decent quality video which you can see on a big screen (say your TV)..You need a camcorder for that..On the contrary Camera phones can give a decent quality still photo somewhat comparable to an entry level digicam..So ZN5 rocks..

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hahaha nice nice. ZN5 rocks indeed, a wonderful phone with the fastest camera in the 5mp segment. How I wished it would have been out a year before, Motorola always does this, bringing too much too late. Hopefully the 8mp race should be spot on. Some are out and some will be soon including Motorola's.

As for krazzy, don't go by his posts, he secretly loves the ZN5, though I don't get why he denies it. :p

Forgot to add, the music of ZN5 is also splendid.

Last edited:

Power UP

In the zone
Dude the quality is quite good. Even i was surprised when i viewed it on the tv.

The quality has come a long way from the crappy QCIF (176*144) resolution video that was present in the phones that are now in the museum collecting dust ;)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
At best they are pixelated and jerky..

I have used all three.. and viewed lots of videos made by these phones on tv via its tv out and those looks pretty good .. I have first hand experience with it ..not just saying for the sake of it ..

All this talk abt zn5 being better than n82 .. a friend owns one..and we did not find it that much better than n82 .. lets just say both are equally good.. for zn5 to sell it must be priced 5k less than n82 .. though its much better than sony, lg and samsung 5mp phones.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
I just want to ask you one question guys...Tell me honestly that is it even remotely as good as even an entry level camcorder..Anyways I do agree ZN5is crap for video recording n N82 is a lot better in video recording..But that is not what I care about...The November issue of Living Digital magazine (Cybermedia) has gone ga ga over ZN5 imaging prowess...And declared it KING of all 5 MP phones currently in market..Not only richness of colours but also it is the fastest camera phone capturing even fast moving objects with ease..N82 is no doubt excellent but ZN5 pawns it..

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Kindly tell those magazine guys that samsung innov8 is out :)

Also looking at colour reproduction of n85 ..i have feeling that its better than n82 in daylight / strong light situations..

Power UP

In the zone
lol Practically speaking people would rather go for a well rounded performer (cam + video) than a half baked cake :D
N82 already got an excellent cam, probably ZN5 has a better colours but the night pics are much better in N82.
But the real trump card is the VGA video recording.This is what makes the N82 the true King of 5mp cam phones.The very fact that Xenon is there gives it excellent brightness,vibrant and natural colors.

And for recorded videos just go to gsmarena, they have samples there.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Kindly tell those magazine guys that samsung innov8 is out :)

Also looking at colour reproduction of n85 ..i have feeling that its better than n82 in daylight / strong light situations..

Innov8 is a 8MP phone..Why compare then?..

@ Power UP
I already accepted video recording of N82 is way better..So no point of arguing there..N82 is a smart phone while ZN5 is not..What we are talking about multimedia capabilities and in that dept of camera and music ZN5 is superior and looks way better than than N82..Mobile-review.com says ZN5 surpasses even mighty ipod in music capabilities..Visit *www.mobile-review.com/review/...a-zn5-en.shtml to clear your doubts and it is far more comprehensive than what www.gsmarena.com does in its reviews..

Power UP

In the zone
Dude the word i was trying to pass was convergence.
For just a very slight color difference who would want to lose out on Vga video recording. Mind you since both have Xenon, the difference in color is not like heaven & earth which is found between Led & Xenon. But is there between Qcif and Vga.

For music Zn5 is better than N82 but its not like N82 sucks .
In almost all the reviews it is said that music quality in N82 is quite decent not like ipod quality but good enuf for a decent mp3 player.

Its quite clear Zn5 for music capabilities and N82 for cam capabilities ;)

And lolz people mostly use Mp3 , a lossy format and that itself destroys quality :D

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The biggest factor in ZN5'd favour is its price...Its way cheaper than the N82 and this is the reason why inspite of being late in the 5 MP arena, it will definitely sell...

But then don't forget N82 is symbian and does have the edge in Video Recording over ZN5.... I wud still prefer the mighty N82 coz it is NOKIA....

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Dude the word i was trying to pass was convergence.
For just a very slight color difference who would want to lose out on Vga video recording. Mind you since both have Xenon, the difference in color is not like heaven & earth which is found between Led & Xenon. But is there between Qcif and Vga.

For music Zn5 is better than N82 but its not like N82 sucks .
In almost all the reviews it is said that music quality in N82 is quite decent not like ipod quality but good enuf for a decent mp3 player.

Its quite clear Zn5 for music capabilities and N82 for cam capabilities ;)

And lolz people mostly use Mp3 , a lossy format and that itself destroys quality :D

Do you know any mobile that supports flac playback..If there is one I'll be the first one to buy it?

On topic: I never said N82 sucks..It is a wonderful device..Infact before ZN5 was out, I was planning to get myself N82..But as of now ZN5is what I aim for and ZN5 is for music phone as well as digicam capabilities...N82 is for an Overall Converged Device+Video Recording..Hope that will put debate to an end..

Power UP

In the zone
The biggest factor in ZN5'd favour is its price...Its way cheaper than the N82 and this is the reason why inspite of being late in the 5 MP arena, it will definitely sell...

But then don't forget N82 is symbian and does have the edge in Video Recording over ZN5.... I wud still prefer the mighty N82 coz it is NOKIA....
Its not cheap, its more like priced appropriately. Do remember it misses out on features like 3G, Gps etc.

Do you know any mobile that supports flac playback..If there is one I'll be the first one to buy it?

On topic: I never said N82 sucks..It is a wonderful device..Infact before ZN5 was out, I was planning to get myself N82..But as of now ZN5is what I aim for and ZN5 is for music phone as well as digicam capabilities...N82 is for an Overall Converged Device+Video Recording..Hope that will put debate to an end..
Core player for symbian plays Flac

N82- Better cam capabilities
Zn5- Better music capabilities

Hopefully this will put the debate to an end.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom