Sony Ericsson Beats Motorola to 3rd position!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hehe, they have no experience in smartphone? Well, they did build the E6 lol, forget all the music and the marketing hogwash, the E6 is the most moddable smartphone to this day, don't say you don't know.

And Windows has always been featured in the Q series. As for Linux and UIQ, I think with the advent of Android now and the state in which Motorola is currently, they are finding it viable and advance with Android to be a better interest. I won't say Linux is out per se, but Android is getting all the attention at the moment.

Again, that doesn't mean they have got it all figured out and are out of the loop, they would probably need another fiscal year to evaluate and get out of the mess they are in now.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Very true Hitboxx...Not only E8 but right from their earlier V.. and E.. Series they are extremely moddable...Their is a complete site www.e398mod.com for just a specific set E398 and similar others..Talking about E398 it can be easily flashed to install itunes n lot of other improvements...Tell me one non Moto phone with its proprietary software which is moddable to that extent...Motorola is not only a respectable company in past but it is still today..I hope it will come out of the financial mess...I am not sure of the manufacturing policies if it ever gets sold to any XYZ...Moto rulezz...The materials they use in all their cell phones is top quality be it entry level or top level...No cheap plastics like Nokia n SE..

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Of course.Moto Linux systems rock. But, now they are set to kick it out and opt for Win Mo. Now Linux was Moto's stronghold and which made them different from other cellphone manufacturers People like you and me would have bought the E6 owing to its Mod capabilities and that added to the VFM aspect to Moto phones.Now if they switch to Win MO, their market share will be eaten by the likes of HTC and other Win Mo providers who have better experience in this field.

Try out WinMo, but keep your portfolio intact and liquid.Android is set to release in H2 09 and by then most of the manufacturers would have shifted.LinMo would have verfified Moto its own fan folowing.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Like I said I'm not satisfied about its non-Linux policy, so can't comment further.

But sales are better at the current quarter than the previous one.
Motorola Announces Third-Quarter Financial Results
* Third-quarter sales of $7.5 billion
* Positive operating cash flow of $180 million; total cash position of $7.6 billion
* Separation of the businesses targeted beyond 2009
* Implementing further cost reductions with an estimated annual savings of $800 million in 2009
* Mobile Devices sales of $3.1 billion; shipped 25.4 million handsets
* Home and Networks Mobility sales of $2.4 billion; operating earnings increased to $263 million, an increase of 65 percent compared to the third quarter of last year
* Enterprise Mobility Solutions sales of $2.0 billion; operating earnings increased to $403 million, an increase of 23 percent compared to the third quarter of last year
Source: *www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail.jsp?globalObjectId=10378_10307_23&pageLocaleId=2026

However, if you scroll down that page you will see there are some heavy losses, but things have improved and hopefully Motorola should recover and innovate and push the limits for itself and others in the technological sense ultimately benefitting the consumers.

Things are definitely not as bad as they were ;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
SE took 3rd position not because of it's superiority but because of Motorola's pathtetic lineup. Don't forget that Motorola is losing mobile phone share quarter-by-quarter. It won't be surprising to see Motorola overtaken by LG too.

PS: SE has 8.6 percent share of the market share. Compare that to Nokia's

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
SE is from 2001. Compare that to other manufacturers.
Last year SE's marketsare was 9.58%. They will come back.No doubt.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hitboxx said:
And not to mention no company provides a build quality as Motorola

A guy I know dropped a moto razr v3 inside a bus(he was sitting) and it broke... it wasnt too new, wasnt old either.

ECE0105

In the zone
that means SE actually lost 1% of market share?

LOL.......

Lemme see the Fanboy's reply to that one........ :D

I am waiting for the day, when SE releases a real phone that is true VFM.

Till then, happy with my Moto and Nokia...

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LOL.......

Lemme see the Fanboy's reply to that one........ :D

I am waiting for the day, when SE releases a real phone that is true VFM.

Till then, happy with my Moto and Nokia...

Yea, SE lost 1% market share from last year and Moto lost 5. Samsung gained 1 and Nokia lost 2. LG lost 1 too.

We will talk after Q4 this year.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, it is.Samusng is the best as of now.It really rocks. If i had money, would have gone for the innov8, but will have to settle for the C905 as of now.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
A guy I know dropped a moto razr v3 inside a bus(he was sitting) and it broke... it wasnt too new, wasnt old either.

That's a common problem in RAZRs. The phone is too thin for it's own good. There isn't sufficient material to absorb the shock and the entire hardware gets rocked badly in case of a fall, especially if it falls directly on it's bottom edge.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Here is a testimonial to my take on ZN5 *www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-zn5-en.shtml

Not only it is best 5 MP camera phone but one of the best music phones till date.

And Razr is history now...If one can't take care of his phones he shouldn't buy..Sliders n clamshells are always delicate and requires special care..In b/w I think it should be the Blueline bus of Delhi and it can break nuts forget abt Tiny Razr

Power UP

In the zone
Well unfortunately for ZN5 , it can't exactly ride in the novelty bandwagon of megapixels.
Probably if it had been an 8mp, it would had probably gotten more attention.

And video recording at 176 x 144 @ 15fps is not exactly the best in its field now is it.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The ZN5 is pretty late in the 5 Mp arena...It is a lot inexpensive than the other cellphones in its category but still it will b difficult 4 it 2 catch up now...

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Video Recording point I agree but this phone doesn't cater to that segment..And yes it is difficult for ZN5 to catch among commoners but those who value for their money and have some geeky instinct will go for ZN5..Modeshift keypad, excellent 5 MP cam, Linux OS, Great looking, 2.4" screen, SOUND QUALITY COMPARABLE TO A DEDICATED AUDIO PLAYER..what else you can expect at 15k..At least I am going to buy it even if no body else will :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ As of now there isn't a specific section of video recording phones. A good camera phone is expected to have both good still image capture and high resolution video recording. Currently only Nokia, Samsung and LG manages both. SE and Motorola as far behind in the video recording race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom