Sony Ericsson Beats Motorola to 3rd position!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The usual pre-holiday ramp-up in cell phone shipments didn't happen this year because of the feeble global economy, a research firm said Thursday.
Manufacturers shipped 299 million phones in the July-September period, down 0.4 percent from the second quarter, according to IDC. The third quarter normally sees a rise in shipments, as stores stock up ahead of the holidays.
Shipments still grew 3.2 percent compared to last year. But as cell phones have become a global must-have in the last few years, it has been more common to see growth rates of up to 20 percent.
Sony Ericsson unseated Motorola Inc. as the third-largest cell phone manufacturer, with 8.6 percent share of the market. Motorola had 8.5 percent.
Sony Ericsson also leapfrogged LG Electronics Inc., pushing it down to No. 5 slot.
*www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/10/30/financial/f050902D93.DTL&feed=rss.business

*www.mobileisgood.com/statistics.php#current

Now, thats quite an achievement.The only thing that bothers SE is profit , which should be taken care of in 2009. Hail SE. :D
BrandUnits Sold(in millions)Market share
3rd quarter, 20
Market shnd quarter, 2008QoQ Change (

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
*OT*

i think it was not possible. but i like this fanboi more now. he is a true definiton for a fanboi.just like a baby with a doll.think his is the best. :)...

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
To me Motorola is and always be the numero uno of mobiles..sab mobile manufacturers are baap...Look at their portfolio man..Cheapest touch screen A810..Best style Razr n Rokr...Best 5 MP camera Moto Zine ZN5...Best slider ZN 200...Best entry level phones Yuva Series...Cheapest Style Flip phone W270...Cheapest QWERTY phone Q8 n Q9..They are the best..SE n Nokia et al are far behind Moto as far as innovative thinking n styling n pricing is considered..Moto hai Zara hatke

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I love SE's Success. ;)
More traffic to my blog and forum :cool: !!!!!!

*OT*

I think it was not possible. but i like this fanboi more now. he is a true definiton for a fanboi.just like a baby with a doll.think his is the best. :)...

We all know, deep inside you love nokia. and are an N fan boy.
if not then you wouldn't have bothered to post such a message ! Seriously, logically ! :cool:

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
I love SE's Success. ;)
More traffic to my blog and forum :cool: !!!!!!

We all know, deep inside you love nokia. and are an N fan boy.
if not then you wouldn't have bothered to post such a message ! Seriously, logically ! :cool:

1. i was talking abt dream..in not a sarcastic mood...and u turned that into this... LAMO..
2. Me a N fan boy.... ???? .... damn from when

My fone usages are .. Moto some model ..samsung x210 ...moto razr ...nokia 6233 ...SE w700i ...Moto razr ...Samsung i710....

ehy???... care to explain dear boy??? i dont even spend money on phones..damn....
I care abt looks..features...vfm... dont give dipshit abt brands... :( ... and u made me a fanboi... :(

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Sony Ericsson is the only company out of the big 5 (Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, LG, SE) which is not able to manufacture a single CDMA device in India..WTF...How can one call such company versatile which leaves an entire technological advancement aside..In GSM too, their lower end phones are crap..My first phone was T230..And believe me that was the most pathetic device I ever used..Call clarity was pathetic, can't be heard except in complete silence zone..And no that wasn't my piece that was defective..I used their J series later on and same problem..Software is fast compared to Symbian but nonetheless boring and prosaic..Keypads are worst in SE devices..The figures you are talking doesn't matter experience does...

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*OT*

i think it was not possible. but i like this fanboi more now. he is a true definiton for a fanboi.just like a baby with a doll.think his is the best. :)...

I really dont give a damn to what you say.So your spamming this thread is useless.

And about, Moto being better, that was the case 7 years back, before 2001. After that, acompany named SE took over. About keypads, the zn5 and the e8 share the award for the worst keypads ever.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
offtopic- motorola zn5 is not that better than n82 in camera department. My friend owns one and we have compared both. Failed to find any substantial difference in both phones camera performance. Colours are slighty more vibrant on zn5. Night photos are better in n82.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/27large.png

Punched where it hurts.Now, let samsung eat up more of Nokia's share. :D

Q4 for SE.

C905,XPERIA,G705,W595,W902 and lots more.hhmmmmmm

offtopic- motorola zn5 is not that better than n82 in camera department. My friend owns one and we have compared both. Failed to find any substantial difference in both phones camera performance. Colours are slighty more vibrant on zn5. Night photos are better in n82.

True Nokia fanboi, spamming each thread that comes his way.You should worry about the C905 now.The best cam out there.Whats N82?? Oh yea, HISTORY!!!

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
1. i was talking abt dream..in not a sarcastic mood...and u turned that into this... LAMO..
2. Me a N fan boy.... ???? .... damn from when

My fone usages are .. Moto some model ..samsung x210 ...moto razr ...nokia 6233 ...SE w700i ...Moto razr ...Samsung i710....

ehy???... care to explain dear boy??? i dont even spend money on phones..damn....
I care abt looks..features...vfm... dont give dipshit abt brands... :( ... and u made me a fanboi... :(

ok lol sorry. i thought i had seen in one of the nokia threads boasting about the n series phone you had. you are not that guy then.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
I really dont give a damn to what you say.So your spamming this thread is useless.

And about, Moto being better, that was the case 7 years back, before 2001. After that, acompany named SE took over. About keypads, the zn5 and the e8 share the award for the worst keypads ever.

At least Moto tries to do things differently..Agreed the Mode Shift technology in Moto keypads takes a little time to get used to..But that doesn't makes it worst...Infact it is a technological revolution in keypads which no other company gives a damn about except making slight variations of the tried and tested pads...Motorola has tried something new and be assured when Moto achieves perfection in it every other XYZ company will follow..It is only Moto vs Rest of all...

And plz visit *www.cellfanatic.com/2008/06/30/motorola-zn5-vs-nokia-n82-battle-of-the-5-megapixel-camera-phones N82 is only better with Xenon flash pictures...At normal times ZN5 is way superior...Just consider it was Moto's first attempt..What will they do in their next..Perhaps kill the competition

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
And not to mention no company provides a build quality as Motorola, as in the quality of the raw materials and the setup. You only have to hold an E8 to see how balanced it is.

It will always be Moto vs All... absolutely perfect words, better than I could ever describe.

As for the competition and the name game, its just a wave, the strongest tide gets the best wave.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I respect what Moto has achieved over the years.But, they are plain STUPID. How dare they kick UIQ and linux off their systems when they have no experience in the smartphone sector as such.Now thay are going for WM 6.5, which is a non-TS version of the Win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom