Sony Ericsson announces 8.1 megapixel camera phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Sony Ericsson today announced the C905 Cyber-shot top of the line camera model. C905 has a 8.1 megapixel camera resolution with autofocus and face detection
Sony Ericsson today announced several new mobile phones and accessories where the C905 was the device that caught the most attention. No wonder why. It has a 8.1 megapixel camera with autofocus, face detection, smart contrast and image stabilizer.
C905 seems a little large, especially the depth. Dimentions are (height, width, depth) 104 x 49 x 18 mm which are acctually a little smaller than the comparable Nokia N95. The navigation menu is familiar for many as it is the same found in earlier Sony Ericsson phones.
In contrast to Nokias new E-models announed yesterday, Sony Ericsson has dropped infrared connectivity but we have Bluetooth, USB and WLAN.
C905 camera highlights
8.1 megapixel camera
Autofocus
Image stabilizer
Assised GPS for geo-tagging of photos
Xenon flash
Face detection. Auto focus on faces in frame
Smart contrast for more correct exposure
Check out the example picturewe captured with the C905
Press release:
The new C905 Cyber-shot and S302 Snapshot camera phones from Sony Ericsson allow consumers around the world to capture and share vivid photos whatever their needs, photography skills or budget. Whether it is a compact camera phone with prestige good looks, or a real alternative to a digital camera, Sony Ericsson has the phone for the job.
Singapore, 17 June 2008 - The C905 is Sony Ericsson's first Cyber-shot slider and its most advanced camera phone yet. With an 8.1 megapixel camera and real camera flash amongst its cutting-edge capabilities, it offers easy photo-taking in a phone that derives its looks from a digital camera and offers the picture quality to match. In comparison the S302 Snapshot is for those who want it all at an affordable price - good looks, must-have features and a pocket-sized slim design.
"The C905 Cyber-shot and S302 Snapshot have been developed to make us all better photographers! That means making it easier to take great shots and never missing that magic moment." said Sven Totté, Head of Imaging Marketing at Sony Ericsson. "Although both have photography at their core, the phones are very distinct; the 8.1 megapixel C905 is a viable alternative to a digital camera and the S302 is perfect for those who don't want to miss a moment and like to send or Bluetooth their photos to their friends."
The new C905 Cyber-shot
Take your best shot
Complete digital camera experience on a phone - true digital camera styling and an 8.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash
Outstanding picture quality -complete with face detection auto-focus, smart contrast and image stabilizer
From baby's first steps to an amazing sunset; store them all on the 2GB Memory Stick Micro (M2) included
The USB adaptor (CCR-70) provided in-box allows for easy transfer of your photos to-and-from your PC.
View high-quality pictures on the phones impressive 2.4" scratch-resistant mineral glass display
Share your memories - send your photos wirelessly from your phone to your TV via Wi-Fi (using DLNA), or connect with wires using the TV-Out Cable ITC-60, also announced today
Upload photos to your own online blogsite or print your photos....
*www.sonyericsson.com/cws/file/1.489586.1213455362/C905_see_the_product_large_2.png

*www.se-community.com/alben/1351/636/08_6_6_13.jpg
*www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=1800

I am posting from mobile...so please someone post more photos if possible...
And sorry if the article isnt well formatted....

Last edited:

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll
yehhhhh.......the price fator will set it apart from the nokia n-series phones...becuse feature wise it is an edge ahead:smile:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_c905_8mp-review-258.php

A 2.4-inch QVGA TFT display with scratch-resistant mineral glass cover will serve you as a viewfinder.

The Sony Ericsson C905 seems like an excellent high-end cameraphone - our old trustworthy 8 megapixel Canon EOS-1D Mark II N is already starting to feel a wee bit threatened. Will it keep its job?

he C905 actually looks nice. Some high-quality materials have been used for creating its overweight body and it's crafted flawlessly.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
^ if its true then its bad...but it captures at 30fps. atleast thts good but i should have get more from this 8MP phone.
Are they embedding a phone in digital camera? Very interesting..now it has all the features of a digi cam. The pic quality is not good though..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
pic quality is not good??? who said??? its faaar better than any phone out there..compared to a DSLR obviously its crap..lol

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
For many years now.. I have seen both the nokia and se phones...one thing i usually see and i like in SE is their form factor...
When SE packs everything into their small devices i have seen nokia failing miserably in reducing their fat!...,simple example is n95 and K850...
Now with SE taking the form factor to new extend...the phone now equals n95's size..how big will nokia's 8.1 will measure..lets see! I am expecting a big brick! Lol...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
+1
Having canon 7 megapixel camera and working with it has made of avoid my K850...simply coz the pictures digi cam gives you is atleast 10 clearer than what we get in mobile...
I nowadays take very less photos...with my K850...

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
For me, if theres a xenon flash, 2 or 8 megapixels wont matter, after all its still a cam phone.

And its a pity that it being so expensive, lacks basic smartphone abilities...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I think
The line between smart phone and a normal one is blurring...
With my K850 i do nearly all stuff like a smartphone...
So i dont think in near future there wil be a line separating these two phones...

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
@ naveen
quite true but Java apps lack punch when compared to symbian or windows mobile ones. U cant give certain rights to those apps and they dont provide the functionality symbian ones, etc. But that is only when u COMPARE side by side. Otherwise yes the line is blurring. But if you prefer extended computer like functionality over looks then symbian/wm is the way to go.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Yup i think with going to released javaengine...there rights and other things are taken care of...in jr8.3 and above...more functionality is coming to normal phone SE phones in particular...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
SE has released a new java platform..

Project Capuchin

this will enable Se phones to read documents...now what do u need smartphone for??lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom