Sony discontinues PS2

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Soy has decided to discontinue The Legendary Ps2 from the Japanese Market

Sony stops shipping PlayStation 2 in Japan | ThunderFeeds

I would like to dedicate this thread to my old ps2 and all the fun i had while playing on it

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ps2 needs a standing ovation. Its the most successful console ever made. Period
Gave birth to genre defining games like god of war, ico, shadow of the colossus, devil may cry , twisted metal, metal gear solid, Gran Turismo and many more.
Fatal frame crimson butterfly is considered as one of the most scary games of all time and it was first to come out on ps2.

*www.ign.com/articles/2008/11/14/top-25-ps2-games

I still own one and i'm proud of it. :)

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
They will dump the rest of stock in India, so here it will be sold upto 2015 and maybe even we'll see ads.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
yes but its an end of an era, and a golden one. I think ps2 is the console that changed the way we look at gaming consoles today, the ps2 turned a console in to a music player, a home theater and above all a complete entertainment system.

my sincere thanks to all the devs who worked on the ps2 and the others who made the series like gran turismo, final fantasy, metal gear solid.

as far as nostalgia goes, i wont forget me and my 2 cousins played 3 days nonstop to finish driv3r and nfs underground 2.

Tobuscus

Broken In
I still remember the excitement of buying a ps2 back in 2005,it still works to this day and i still play some of my old favorites like killzone on it.I'm emotionally attached to it:-D

Top Bottom