Sony announces the water-proof Xperia go and Xperia acro S

clmlbx

Technomancer
Sony just went ahead and announced the latest additions to its Xperia lineup. The new Xperia acro S and Xperia go phones are water-proof and have increased protection against the elements, which includes a scratch-proof mineral glass on top of the displays.

Source : Sony announces the water-proof Xperia go and Xperia acro S - GSMArena.com news

Sony Xperia acro S specifications

• 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) 720p HD Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine with Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass
  • 1.5Ghz dual core processor
  • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • 11.9 mm thick and weighs 147 grams
  • 12MP Auto focus camera with flash and 1080p video recording, 1.3 MP front facing camera with 720p HD video recording
  • 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory (up to 11 GB user-accessible memory), up to 32 GB expandable memory
  • Dustproof (IP5X) and Water resistant (IPX5/7)
  • PlayStation Certified
  • 3G, Bluetooth with A2DP, WiFi, DLNA, aGPS, NFC
  • 1910 mAh battery

Sony Xperia go specifications

• 3.5-inch (480 x 320 pixels) Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine
  • 9.8 mm thick and weighs 110 grams
  • 1Ghz dual core processor
  • Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradeable to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
  • 50GB free BOX cloud storage
  • 5MP Auto focus camera with flash and 720p video recording
  • 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio with RDS
  • 512 MB RAM, 8 GB internal memory (up to 4 GB user-accessible memory), up to 32 GB expandable memory
  • 3G, Bluetooth with A2DP, WiFi, DLNA and aGPS
  • 1305 mAh battery

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
It definetly gonna be IMO at that screen resolution & specs it should launch around 16K max because of it's durability features..

My phone is Acro S .. long waiting for this type of phone.. well it looks great at first glance
let's see.. If it performs well, then Finally I got my phone.. will buy as soon as it is launched.. I believe it is gonna be in July.. Acro S is Hayabusa which was rumored to be launched in July

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Acro S is not Hayabusa. Acro S is just the International version of Acro Hd that has been on sale in Japan since March.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I know that I read before but it looks pretty same (looks and specs) and timing is same..

don't know but was guessing and still betting on it.. but if there is choice.. am loving it..

abhidev

Human Spambot
are u sure it will come out in July...and Xperia go is dual core I guess...so I don't think it will come arnd 16k...and more over its Sony...known to price everything high

Soumik

Padawan
Xperia U is a dual core well below 20K from Sony... dont see any reason y Xperia Go wont be. :)
And they will be available from some time in Q3... according to GSMArena.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I am saying July and this is possible to be hayabusa is because sony roadmap leaked while ago and it showed similar type of phone to be released in July.. which was said to be hayabusa..

*asset1.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/01/18/gsmarena_001_sony_roadmap.jpg

source for roadmap leaked if some one missed *asset1.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/01/18/gsmarena_001_sony_roadmap.jpg

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, I know that but information was leaked not official. anyway I am just guessing so cool if even it is not..:)

Soumik

Padawan
From the roadmap it does seem possible for the Arco S to be Hayabusa. I mean the price range matches. (though seems overpriced for an old chipset)
July is starting of Q3.. so may be ur right :). And i guess Atlas is Go?!

Top Bottom