Song name display when playing ACD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
All the Audio CD's i have display "Unknown Artist - Unknown Song" as names of the songs and the artist.

Some times randomly they straighten up and then the names are displayed.

Could some one tell me about what this is all about and how i can enable it to all my cd's, its not something that happens when i go online, i mean like WMP looking for this file or something, but i really want to know what exactly is happenning.

Use WMP on Windows Vista on my lappie.

Kindly help, it actually irritates to see Unknown Artist - Unknown Song thing.

Help please !

Last edited:

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I had same issue, so I got a new prog. try Winamp, now has a plugin that will download lyrics for you as well
(issue is probably related to type of music u listen to, I take it a lot of your music is not from america)

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
Drizzling Blur said:
All the Audio CD's i have display "Unknown Artist - Unknown Song" as names of the songs and the artist.

Some times randomly they straighten up and then the names are displayed.

Could some one tell me about what this is all about and how i can enable it to all my cd's, its not something that happens when i go online, i mean like WMP looking for this file or something, but i really want to know what exactly is happenning.

Use WMP on Windows Vista on my lappie.

Kindly help, it actually irritates to see Unknown Artist - Unknown Song thing.

Help please !

ur cds r not having the Cd text in it , actually when songs r written in the cd u can add various info

in it with the song like song name its artist etc but companies generally dont do it .

WMP has the default option to look for the song info when it is connected to the internet i.e Y when

u r connected to the internet WMP tries to take the info from the net :)

do one thing Rip ur audio Cds and change its info in this way u will be able to store audio cds songs

in ur Hdd and will be able to manupulate its varios preference

OP
Drizzling Blur

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
Thanks pal :)

I kinda thought that too, i mean WMP updating from the internet. Yeah, once u rip the music, u have all the attributes to handle and name them accordingly, but usually when i travel and i pop in a cd only to find Unknown artist and unknown song, could get irritating.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom