Some questions about micromax fun book

SahilAr

In the zone
Heyy Everyone,i got the new Micromax Tablet today via snapdeal,slate gray...good tablet but video/picture quality is not good.
However,there are few questions i wanna ask:
1.I removed the screen protector to correct it's position,now the bubbles are formed when i re-applied the screen guard(it's really worrying me:cry: will it cause scratches to the screen)and is there any good/professional screen guard for Fun Book?
2.Whenever i touch the tablet,some small dots occur exactly in front of the screen(is this the effect of g-sensor or what)
3.There was no photon+ data card included,will i have to carry the tablet to Tata Teleservices?
4.Can i use my bsnl 3G data card with this Tablet?(And how if possible through rooting)
-Using Bsnl sim in tata photon plus is good or using bsnl provided and bsnl sim would be good?

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
1.I removed the screen protector to correct it's position,now the bubbles are formed when i re-applied the screen guard(it's really worrying me:cry: will it cause scratches to the screen)and is there any good/professional screen guard for Fun Book?

You shouldn't have done this.. there is no way to change its position once its applied..
now get another screen gaurd and apply carefully on it.. dont wory.. that wont lead to any scratches on its screen.

2.Whenever i touch the tablet,some small dots occur exactly in front of the screen(is this the effect of g-sensor or what)
not clear.. can you show any pic..? :cool:

3.There was no photon+ data card included,will i have to carry the tablet to Tata Teleservices?

i think you need to pay rs500.. other member may help u with this

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
2.Touching or shaking the tablet produces some small dotes right under the front camera of the tablet,such dots are produced when we continuously press/hold the touch screen mobiles..sometimes finger/thumb impressions are produced and they can be seen very clearly after long term pressing/holding of touch screen mobiles..i am talking about those small dots.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Call toll free number- 1860 500 8286
Mon. to Sat. 10 AM to 6:30 PM

I did the same, I have google play problem. They given me service center address. Your location?

I have some problem with LCD screen too, when I touch the left side of the screen, waves like effect occurs .

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
Call toll free number- 1860 500 8286
Mon. to Sat. 10 AM to 6:30 PM

I did the same, I have google play problem. They given me service center address. Your location?

I have some problem with LCD screen too, when I touch the left side of the screen, waves like effect occurs .

Location-Haryana
I visited the service center,the guy told me to get it replaced,called snapdeal and reported the problem,the lady said she is not committing to get it replaced but ya she has given me the complaint id and promised me that they will call me back within 24-48 hrs,lets hope for the best:cry:
In the Micromax Tablet discussion thread you said that you have no problem with LCD and here you are referring problem-wave like effect.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yeah I said that because the wave like thing is gone. But why don't you asked the service center to give a brand new funbook or complain at Micromax to a give a new set.
or post your problem here
*www.facebook.com/micromaxinfo

Please force them to change your set as its faulty from the first time.

Post some pics there to give good evidence of your problem.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I forced the service center to change it,but he denied to change it he told that you bought it from online,they can help you!
Now i am going to report to micromax!
I will call again at snapdeal to change it.
How your wave like problem was fixed and about posting pics,i will post them for sure.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
The service center should changed your set as after-sales doesn't depend upon from where you bought. Call micromax again mentioning service-center is not willing to change your tab.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I called micromax and they said that there is no service center available in Sonipat,that stupid guy totally wasted my time by saying that please return the defected product to snapdeal,such a fool he was!
Micromax staff told me that the service center for the tablet is not available at every place,he gave me various options and from those i selected Janakpuri,will be going Janakpuri tomorrow to show my LCD to "Fun book Service Centre"
Seriously,these online companies step off like anything after they sell the product."Aapko lootne ki zimevari hamari hai apko support dene ki nahi"title should applied on them...
Isse acha toh mai market se hi Fun book kharid leta jab after sales warranty to company ki hi hai vaise bhi...huhh!!
Here are the attached screen shoots of that dots/spots i was mentioning:
*img688.imageshack.us/img688/8909/031khd.jpg
*img850.imageshack.us/img850/103/030sc.jpg
*img99.imageshack.us/img99/5629/029phh.jpg
*img804.imageshack.us/img804/5641/028hr.jpg
*img441.imageshack.us/img441/3117/027zfl.jpg
*img407.imageshack.us/img407/8816/025wz.jpg
*img600.imageshack.us/img600/4452/024ai.jpg
*img35.imageshack.us/img35/4549/022qbn.jpg
*img189.imageshack.us/img189/4851/021lmq.jpg
*img705.imageshack.us/img705/6434/019rqo.jpg
*img94.imageshack.us/img94/2289/008gys.jpg

Last edited:

arescool

Work is So Boring...
@ SahilAr ... you made me think once again whether to go for this or not :-SS

@others ( who own funbook ) ... how many of u are facing any kind of problems with funbook ... please reply as this would help me decide .....

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
@arescool,if your fun book ships without any LCD/Hardware related problems,it would be a "Must have Gadget" for those who want a Powerful Tablet in that budget!

adithya72

Broken In
Hey did you get this problem resolved, i am also facing the same problem.

did you get any response from Micromax support ?

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
Hey did you get this problem resolved, i am also facing the same problem.

did you get any response from Micromax support ?

Micromax support said return the product to snapdeal and so i did!
And,there is no solution to the problem:all you can do is return the product and ask for replacement.

adithya72

Broken In
i have ordered it from Ebay and seller is telling we have sent you box piece and have to contact Micromax Support. Yes they have sent it with very good packing, did snapdeal agreed to replace the product ?

I think i need to contact Micromax again on this.

enadumugavari

Right off the assembly line
I think replacing the product will take long time...i had a problem of white line coming across the display, so i went to the local service center of micromax funbook from funbook website. They replaced my display/screen and now my funbook works fine. So u better show it to ur nearby service center before go for a replacement from snapdeal. and moreover what if the new product from snapdeal is also damaged??!!

Micromax support said return the product to snapdeal and so i did!
And,there is no solution to the problem:all you can do is return the product and ask for replacement.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I think replacing the product will take long time...i had a problem of white line coming across the display, so i went to the local service center of micromax funbook from funbook website. They replaced my display/screen and now my funbook works fine. So u better show it to ur nearby service center before go for a replacement from snapdeal. and moreover what if the new product from snapdeal is also damaged??!!

I think i told it already that they are refunding my money,i will be getting the refund via cheque within a day or two!
So there is no point asking for replacement from snapdeal.
New product is always damaged from snapdeal,its not that so!
The thing is that ki vo returns/replacemnets mein kafi slow hein!
And i also went to micromax,they simply told me to return it to sanpdeal,so i did because they said only snapdeal can replace the product,we can't!

Top Bottom