Some questions about micromax fun book

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I sent my Funbook back to Snapdeal and the response from them was pathetic to say the least.
The lady on the phone actually had the gall to tell me that "You received a faulty funbook, how are we to blame for it?".

Ye toh hona hi tha...:p:-D

I don't understand why people keep buying from Snapdeal even after asking them not to trust Snapdeal for products.

For coupons they are excellent, but for products don't trust them.

I feel sorry for you, but I don't think snapdeal will look at this. It's up to the dealer who sent you the product. If it was Ebay / Tradus, they would have looked after it. But don't know whether snapdeal will be able to to anything or not.
No,definitely not!!
They won't do anything...all you can do is demand for refund,which i got after so much of hard work:-D
(Threatening them,Pissing them off etc etc...was really a hard work:-D:-D)

batman

Broken In
It's up to the dealer who sent you the product. If it was Ebay / Tradus, they would have looked after it. But don't know whether snapdeal will be able to to anything or not.

An offtopic question - You mean to say SnapDeal does not stock the products displayed on their website like flipkart and when we place order for any product they will contact some vendor who can supply the product and send it through them?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, snapdeal is a meduim just like Ebay. Vendors / Dealers use that platform to sell something.

So the Flow Chart is not like you mentioned. Snapdeal doesn't contact them. Snapdeal provides the platform on which dealer can upload their listings and sells them.

Think this TDF as a platform, and the members (like us), using it to sell our 2nd hand hardware. So however the deal goes, TDF is not responsible in any way.

Now as Snapdeal, Ebay, Tradus etc. using this platform as their business, they also need to provide some level of assurance, because otherwise if something goes wrong people will blame the site not the dealer (as they are unaware of this thing), like you are doing the same now.

That's why platforms like Ebay, provides Paisapay like thing, which snapdeal / Tradus is not providing, so they are not Trusted.

Even you can upload a listing of yours. Snapdeal won't be liable in any way.

Flipkart is not like that, they are doing their own business, they have their own platform, own product which they sells. So they are the dealer as well as they are the platform itself.

sajo

Broken In
Thank you for your inputs krishnandu , I was not aware of snapdeal not being a stockist.
Unfortunately, I first placed an order and then registered on this forum. A friend was about to place an order with Snapdeal yesterday, I stopped him and now he has ordered the FB through Flipkart.

batman

Broken In
@krishnandu.sarkar
I was under the impression that snapdeal stocks their items..Thanks for clarifying the situation..

sar_mahesh

Right off the assembly line
If it works good without any problem,then you will be a lucky one to get a "First Ever" Working(without problem) Micromax Tablet from Snapdeal.
Well,if you trust Snapdeal,it's upto you...atleast i don't trust them anymore regarding Fun Book.
You can simply deny to take the consignment if you don't trust snapdeal.
No,it's not possible to check the tablet and then pay the amount for delivery!You can't cheat Courier Companies:p
I would suggest you not to buy Fun book from Snapdeal,you can buy it from trusted websites:Flipkart is the robust!Try it..
Letsbuy,Chroma,ebay are also good..

Thanks Sahil. When it was about to be delivered via bluedart, I cancelled and sent back. Also got a FB tablet via Flipkart. I could see some scratches on the screen protector of it and also some bubbles(Looks like somebody already used the tablet).
Seems to be working fine. Sometime looks like it hangs when I press the back button comes alive. Do you recommend any upgrades of firmware or software for FB for better performance/display? Anything available like that?

shack_duke

Hey guys , i ordered funbook last week from indiatimes shopping , i chose that site because it was offering me Funbook at lowest price i.e around rs.5,700 with shipping .. yeah thats too cheap :p !! after i placed my order i was just randomly checking reviews of indiatimes shopping and i was shocked to that this site had very very poor user review , most of the people were saying that this site is fraud, they sell damaged products etc etc .. so it made me worried , i was thinking of cancelling my order ... but i received my order just after 1 week of placing order and guess what .... it was in good condition , I mean no manufacturing defect , not damaged , everything was working absolutely fine , it played full HD videos and Blu ray videos and they were running smooth without any glitch , angry birds n all were also running smooth. I am very happy after purchasing this product , its extremely awesome at this price tag , it has everything in such tight budget . The only thing I personally don't like about FB is its screen size and battery performance .On every site i have read bad reviews only so i especially registered on this forum to post this. Overall tab is very very good . Thumbs up for indiatimes and Funbook .

dwelsten

1. How can we copy paste files/ pictures in Funbook from Pendrive to SD Card.
2. My Funbook shuts down in few minutes after i connect my Tata Photon.

Anybody with similar problems?
Please Help

nickzcool

Broken In
Hey everyone iam new this fourm as well as the mmx fb so guys please tell has any one managed to work out with any other dongle then tata photon ? I have got bsnl 3g dongle will i be able to configure on mmx fb . ?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey everyone iam new this fourm as well as the mmx fb so guys please tell has any one managed to work out with any other dongle then tata photon ? I have got bsnl 3g dongle will i be able to configure on mmx fb . ?
No, you have to install a custom firmware to use it, it may void your warranty(it will void it if the service center guys catch you with the replaced firmware).

Are you willing to risk it?

nickzcool

Broken In
May b i can risk ...it depends will it for sure support my specific usb dongle or have to do some config file editing method . Which custom rom should i use ? Bsnl 3g is a teracom product i guess

tkin

Back to school!!
Get cyanbook rom, that may support your dongle, can't confirm as i never tried it.

vaibhav123

Re: Always Restar my F.B

Actually i was installed file lock software for Google play ! when it installed in my Fb then it was automatically restart my F.b :-x Now it is always restart as well as when i power on of my funbook it just show on disply Funbook... loading and not fully start so guy pls help me what should i do now :-x

Top Bottom